• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yeah, she's not going to like the fact Ash's Dragonite likes him way more than her Angrynite did for her when she got it.
Hopefully she calls him a kid for that.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I hope this is at least a 2v2
Tomioka script but no Iwane, huh? I hope they have some freelancers on this episode, at least.
Also this, it's an important fight against a returning so it should be given care. At least from what I've checked Katsuki's episodes tend to be well animated, but idk if it's due to freelancers or what

ShadowForce720

No Dracovish?

I was expecting 2v2 but I guess it will be a 1v1 battle between Haxorus and Dragonite.

Also we might learn Dragonite's gender here.
Pretty sure a previous summary confirmed that it would be Dragonite vs Dragonite. Also it’s not confirmed that this is a 1vs1 battle here instead of a 2vs2. Plus just because Dracovish isn’t mentioned in the summary doesn’t mean that it’s not going to appear and battle here.

FatBigachu

Pretty sure a previous summary confirmed that it would be Dragonite vs Dragonite. Also it’s not confirmed that this is a 1vs1 battle here instead of a 2vs2. Plus just because Dracovish isn’t mentioned in the summary doesn’t mean that it’s not going to appear and battle here.
Dracovish is also a Dragon type but the latest summary says, ''Iris can understand how Dragon type Pokémon feel, so she detects Satoshi's Kairyu's feelings'' this line specifically points to Dragonite that's why I think Dracovish may not be in this episode.

2389958_original.jpg

Also, this picture is one of the reasons why I think there might be a 1v1 battle between Haxorus and Dragonite. At first, I thought it was Iris' Dragonite in this picture but it could also be Ash's Dragonite so this might be a sign to Haxorus vs Dragonite.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I do like when past characters come back with new Pokémon ala Misty’s and May’s returns but something does feel off about Axew essentially being a main character for 141+ episodes where he was payed dust but suddenly evolved twice off screen. I’m happy for Iris but they really did Axew dirty overall.

aipomadvanceshipper

So I wonder what ash’s dragonite might be feeling, maybe it wants to get stronger or maybe it doesn’t want to battle
Ash is the type to release or give his Pokémon to another trainer if that’s what’s best for them
Example pidgeot, primate, aipom

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I do like when past characters come back with new Pokémon ala Misty’s and May’s returns but something does feel off about Axew essentially being a main character for 141+ episodes where he was payed dust but suddenly evolved twice off screen. I’m happy for Iris but they really did Axew dirty overall.
Meh at least its more believable due to the length of time she's been gone from the series unlike with Ash's team this series (as well as his huge offscreen rankings jumps in the PWC).

Mike999246

I hope Ash loses here, he and his team need more development (not just in terms of character, but movesets and genuine bond). I want Iris to make it to Master Class (or close to it) alongside Bea so Ash can show them both that in order to become a Pkmn Master (or pose a threat to Leon) you can't just focus on 1 type, but instead can make a team of any pokemon and have it work

ShadowForce720

Dracovish is also a Dragon type but the latest summary says, ''Iris can understand how Dragon type Pokémon feel, so she detects Satoshi's Kairyu's feelings'' this line specifically points to Dragonite that's why I think Dracovish may not be in this episode.

2389958_original.jpg

Also, this picture is one of the reasons why I think there might be a 1v1 battle between Haxorus and Dragonite. At first, I thought it was Iris' Dragonite in this picture but it could also be Ash's Dragonite so this might be a sign to Haxorus vs Dragonite.
One of the previous summaries already confirmed that Ash’s Dragonite and Iris’s Dragonite are going to be battling each other.

Also just because there is focus on Dragonite in this episode doesn’t necessarily mean that Dracovish isn’t in the episode as well.

Here’s the part that confirmed Ash’s Dragonite and Iris’s Dragonite are battling each other:

It was announced on the 6th that popular voice actor Aoi Yuki, will be appearing in the anime "Pocket Monsters", which is currently airing on the TV Tokyo Network (on Fridays at 6:55pm), for the first time in the about 7 and a half years since the October 2013 broadcast of "Pocket Monsters Best Wishes". In "Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!", the episode airing May 7th, she will be appearing in the role of Iris as a battle between her Kairyu and the Kairyu belonging to the protagonist Satoshi plays out.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^ going off that, there's a chance we might see Axew evolved and Dracovish...but they might not battle.

I can imagine people might not be happy with that possibility...

I hope Ash loses here, he and his team need more development (not just in terms of character, but movesets and genuine bond). I want Iris to make it to Master Class (or close to it) alongside Bea so Ash can show them both that in order to become a Pkmn Master (or pose a threat to Leon) you can't just focus on 1 type, but instead can make a team of any pokemon and have it work

I think the safest route to take would be a draw honestly if they wish to prolong Ash from getting to the ultra tier, but the writers don't know how to play safe.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

That angry-looking Kairyu is definitely Iris'.

And the Oricon article said this was going to be a Kairyu VS Kairyu match.

Status
Not open for further replies.