• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Iris's Axew is a Haxorus and Ash never used Scraggy again after the Unova League lmao

LucasMV

To be honest I would have preferred it if Ash's Dragonite fought Iris' Haxorus instead. That'd be much more meaningful imo. Maybe have a 2 vs 2, with Dracovish vs Iris' Dragonite as the other match up.

But I guess a Dragonite match can also be interesting if it's well done.

Let's just hope that they leave most of the episode for the fight and not the other way around.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
To be honest I would have preferred it if Ash's Dragonite fought Iris' Haxorus instead. That'd be much more meaningful imo. Maybe have a 2 vs 2, with Dracovish vs Iris' Dragonite as the other match up.

But I guess a Dragonite match can also be interesting if it's well done.

Let's just hope that they leave most of the episode for the fight and not the other way around.

In a perfect world:
- Dracovish vs. Moodynite: Moodynite.
- Happyinte vs. Moodynite: Happynite.
- Happynite vs. Haxorus: Haxorus.

Sorry, but Dracovish is the only one here that can get away with a loss (undeveloped) without the episode looking stupid.

Ash's Dragons losing the battle is the only way the writers will realistically start to develop them - they honestly don't know any other way. Riolu started development by losing to Bea. Farfetch'd started development by losing to Rinto. The rest of his team is underdeveloped...

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
In a perfect world:

Sorry, but Dracovish is the only one here that can get away with a loss (undeveloped) without the episode looking stupid.

Ash's Dragons losing the battle is the only way the writers will realistically start to develop them - they honestly don't know any other way. Riolu started development by losing to Bea. Farfetch'd started development by losing to Rinto. The rest of his team is underdeveloped...
I just can't see Ash losing this match if the jump to Ultra Rank is at stake and they brought Iris for this.

I agree that Dracovish can afford to lose but not Dragonite. She's* been Ash's strongest Pokémon in this series and I think she can hold her own against Iris' Dragonite. Dragon Dance will be the key factor in my opinion. Dragon Claw and Thunder Punch collide. Flamethrower can be repelled with Hurricane. Ice Beam and Hyper Beam can collide. Dragon Dance can be used to either dodge Dragon Rush or power up Dragon Claw to intercept. I think she* has the tools to take him on and with the battle against Mega Lucatio, we saw the fierce attitude she has in battling.

* Unconfirmed gender as of right now.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I just can't see Ash losing this match if the jump to Ultra Rank is at stake and they brought Iris for this.

I agree that Dracovish can afford to lose but not Dragonite. She's* been Ash's strongest Pokémon in this series and I think she can hold her own against Iris' Dragonite. Dragon Dance will be the key factor in my opinion. Dragon Claw and Thunder Punch collide. Flamethrower can be repelled with Hurricane. Ice Beam and Hyper Beam can collide. Dragon Dance can be used to either dodge Dragon Rush or power up Dragon Claw to intercept. I think she* has the tools to take him on and with the battle against Mega Lucatio, we saw the fierce attitude she has in battling.

* Unconfirmed gender as of right now.

First off: unconfirmed genders shouldn't be assumed as female, but as either 'it' or 'they'.

You're comparing and weighing the moves between the Dragonite to claim that Ash can win that battle. I already agree to that. I just can't see Dragonite defeating both Angrynite ánd Haxorus.

I mean what's the point of evolving Axew if it doesn't get a good win to show off its improvement?!

Don't forget they're bringing back Gary as well. Lose against Iris as a catalyst to give his dragons some development and then move up into Hyper Rank when facing Gary. Seems to me like the best scenario.

pokefandt

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I just want to say I just want this to be a good battle. A high powered battle between Ash and Iris is something I wanted to see, no disobedience (World Tournament) no massive type disadvantage (First Don Battle), no interuptions (Charizard's return) just a straight up fight.

I'm kinda rooting for Iris to win, but I'm prepared for a tie or for Ash to win. (Kinda like when the Alola gang, came to Kanto, I wanted Misty to beat Ash in their battle. Like its been well over a decade since Misty has been in the show, give the girl a win)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I mean what's the point of evolving Axew if it doesn't get a good win to show off its improvement?!

I find myself agreeing with this point since so far unless this turns out to be a two parter, all the pictures and evidence we have really makes it seem like this is going to only be 1 v 1 since it seems very likely they are going to spend part of the episode akin to what happened in the alola one with Ash and Iris thinking back on their journey together, interacting and such before or after the battle.

and then there is Goh's potential shenanigans as well.
Don't forget they're bringing back Gary as well. Lose against Iris as a catalyst to give his dragons some development and then move up into Hyper Rank when facing Gary. Seems to me like the best scenario.

That doesn't make any sense at all. I don't see how his dragons associate with Gary for one thing, if anyone should face gary it should be Pikachu since you know it's never gotten a win against him despite being Ash's starter.

Besides know how Ash is when it comes to losses, very rarely does he not use the same pokemon against someone who beat him previously when going at them again for a rematch, so if he loses here, you can expect him to go after Iris with at least Dragonite again later on.

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I just want to say I just want this to be a good battle. A high powered battle between Ash and Iris is something I wanted to see, no disobedience (World Tournament) no massive type disadvantage (First Don Battle), no interuptions (Charizard's return) just a straight up fight.

I mean we've never seen two Dragonites go at it either so that's what's got me hyped about this.

Iris deserves this win

in my honest opinion the safest outcome would be a draw, but that is only for the sake of the fandom, the anime will likely get a winner, but the fanbase won't

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I hope there isn't a draw, that would be such a cheap cope out. I want a proper battle with a proper Victor declared. Personally I hope ash wins so he had one clear win over Iris and can move on. UNLESS they are willing to bring back Iris for more episodes in the future in which case I won't mind him losing rn, winning against Gary for hyper class and then rematching iris later with higher stakes and winning
Also I don't get the sentiment that Ash doesn't deserve this win over Iris? I get that offscreen development for his mons is a huge problem but why are people acting like Iris isn't literally getting the same thing? She had an axew in BW which was so underdeveloped and did next to nothing, wasn't strong at all, coming back presumably as a strong fully evolved Haxorus
We have her dragonite now presumably obeying her
Possible gible evolution and a sixth member added too
And offscreen promotion to gym leader
So I mean yea.... Iris is a good character but her journey in BW was pretty screwed up by the writers and journeys is doing it justice by really levelling her up offscreen, which a character like her deserves, this isn't a iris bashing post in favour of ash, it's just pointing out that iris is getting a lot of favouritism too and it won't be a disrespect to her if she loses against Ash considering they are respecting her more than BW ever did, and that Ash doesn't not deserve the win. Either side can win and it would be deserved, I personally hope Ash does if this is Iris's only episode

LucasMV

In a perfect world:

To be honest Iris' Dragonite was already a powerhouse when she caught him. But then he got recked by both Ash's Charizard and Claire's Druddigon. That's why I said that Haxorus being the one to fight Ash's Dragonite would make a bit more sense, since it's her first partner at his full potential. While Iris' Dragonite has already kinda lost it's OP aura after those two battles I mentioned.

But yeah, in a perfect world, I agree with those match ups you said. Except that I'd prefer Ash to win, unless there's a second battle later on between them.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I hope there isn't a draw, that would be such a cheap cope out. I want a proper battle with a proper Victor declared. Personally I hope ash wins so he had one clear win over Iris and can move on. UNLESS they are willing to bring back Iris for more episodes in the future in which case I won't mind him losing rn, winning against Gary for hyper class and then rematching iris later with higher stakes and winning
Also I don't get the sentiment that Ash doesn't deserve this win over Iris? I get that offscreen development for his mons is a huge problem but why are people acting like Iris isn't literally getting the same thing? She had an axew in BW which was so underdeveloped and did next to nothing, wasn't strong at all, coming back presumably as a strong fully evolved Haxorus
We have her dragonite now presumably obeying her
Possible gible evolution and a sixth member added too
And offscreen promotion to gym leader
So I mean yea.... Iris is a good character but her journey in BW was pretty screwed up by the writers and journeys is doing it justice by really levelling her up offscreen, which a character like her deserves, this isn't a iris bashing post in favour of ash, it's just pointing out that iris is getting a lot of favouritism too and it won't be a disrespect to her if she loses against Ash considering they are respecting her more than BW ever did, and that Ash doesn't not deserve the win. Either side can win and it would be deserved, I personally hope Ash does if this is Iris's only episode
Yeah but Iris could believably take down Ash with Excadrill or Dragonite. I don’t think it’s fair to say Iris got an “off screen” level up when we don’t even know if Axew evolved for sure and we definitely don’t know if he’s battling. I’m not sure how that’s any more favoritism than May coming back with a Venasuar, Glaceon and Warturtle. Was it favoritism when Dawn’s Piplup used Ice Beam and Drill peck? Along with Mamowsine using Ice Fang? Dragonite was already obeying her but slightly stopped in the special episode, Gible goes back to my point about May and we don’t know if she’ll get a sixth member. Most of the post is just assumptions.

Rohanator

If Iris isn't gonna send a surprise Fraxure/Haxorus out in the battle I don't see a good reason why Axew wouldn't be all over the promo art (like at LEAST in the picnic one), like I guess they might wanna play up the surprise of it being inside her hair but is that gag worth sacrifing marketing a popular cute Mon's return?

So like I'm fairly confident we'll get more than Dragonite vs Dragonite, although for emotional reasons Pikachu would make a lot more sense as an evolved Axew's opponent as much as I'd prefer Dracovish here (though if Ash loses then Vish might be better, you can show its strength by pushing a Haxorus but show Iris's growth by having her ultimately come out on top)

Status
Not open for further replies.