• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Samurott

I don't think I've seen anyone mention this so far, but once Goh explains his goal of catching Mew to Iris, do you think the show will acknowledge the fact that there are two different Mewtwos in the anime's continuity?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don't think I've seen anyone mention this so far, but once Goh explains his goal of catching Mew to Iris, do you think the show will acknowledge the fact that there are two different Mewtwos in the anime's continuity?
Wasn't FemTwo created because OLM couldn't get Shudo Mewtwo, so it'd be useless to keep using her when they already got him.

ShadowForce720

Wasn't FemTwo created because OLM couldn't get Shudo Mewtwo, so it'd be useless to keep using her when they already got him.
Originally yes, that was the reason they created a 2nd Mewtwo. However having the movie 16 Mewtwo around when they can use the original Mewtwo isn’t useless since they can easily distinguish the two by having M16 Mewtwo Mega Evolve into Mega Mewtwo Y, while Original Mewtwo Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo X.

Also keep in mind that M16 Mewtwo didn’t need a Mega Stone and/or a trainer to Mega Evolve so it could be a similar case with the original Mewtwo as well.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yeah, I deliberately left it out because I feel that battle was unconventional. Dragonite wasn't listening to Iris at all. It's like when Ash's Charizard lost to that Poliwrath on the Orange Islands cause it wasn't listening to Ash, but then defeated it when he was listening.

Charizard didn't obey Ash at all against Poliwrath, where as Dragonite did obey Iris until Krokorok evolved and sent it crashing into a wall with dragon claw which caused it to snap thus causing Iris to lose control from that point.

And I know the mirror match is confirmed, but I think having it be a 2 vs 2 isn't ruled out yet, right?

i'm having a hard time seeing a 2 v 2 given the pictures we've gotten so far, not to mention there's bound to be time for interaction between Ash and Iris, Ash introducing her to Goh, and Goh's usual capture shenanigans.

unless it's a two parter I don't see it being more than 1 v 1 without there being rushing in the battle which I really don't want to see happen.

edit: and I just saw the next episode title...

Rohanator

It's not fair that Iris gets one episode return than how Misty, May and Dawn got more episodes since their return cameo.
Iris' return isn't a special occasion in the same way those were since characters returning is a regular thing in Journeys, like in the same vain you could say that it's not fair that only one or two characters got to return in previous series compared to however many JN will end up having. It's just different situations. Multiparters have never been common in Pokemon so regardless of timeslot etc they most likely would've done a series with multiple cameos like this, shame Iris didn't get her time earlier but it is what it is I expect the same for Gary and other companions too.

dman_dustin

Charizard didn't obey Ash at all against Poliwrath, where as Dragonite did obey Iris until Krokorok evolved and sent it crashing into a wall with dragon claw which caused it to snap thus causing Iris to lose control from that point.

i'm having a hard time seeing a 2 v 2 given the pictures we've gotten so far, not to mention there's bound to be time for interaction between Ash and Iris, Ash introducing her to Goh, and Goh's usual capture shenanigans.

unless it's a two parter I don't see it being more than 1 v 1 without there being rushing in the battle which I really don't want to see happen.

edit: and I just saw the next episode title...

Korrina was a 2vs2 but also one episode, dealiing with Go's screentime and Ash's tournament wins.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Korrina was a 2vs2 but also one episode, dealiing with Go's screentime and Ash's tournament wins.

it was pretty much 2 on 1 considering how quickly Gengar got dispatched leaving Dragonite to fight by itself though, and we only saw Ash blast a Clawtizer into submission as quickly as Hawlucha did Mega Absol in the kalos league, which is hardly impressive.

i'd rather see a long 1 v 1 intense battle than a 2 v 2 where one round ends in a rush job.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's not fair that Iris gets one episode return than how Misty, May and Dawn got more episodes since their return cameo.
May and Dawn only came back as a package deal that promoted Wallace being the then-Hoenn Champion (because we went through all Hoenn without a single mention of Steven being the champion...for some reason) to promote Pokemon Emerald and Cynthia having a battle cameo in eastern Unova.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Well, Korrina is in the new opening, meaning she might show up again. So if Korrina can show up twice, so can Iris. Besides, we now know she might be the Opelucid Gym Leader now so Ash can visit her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.