• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
The good part is that if Dragon Master Iris defeats Ash it could set up for more appearances. I also hope we at least get a flashback of Georgia, she was funny. Maybe even a cameo of one of the BW rivals? I miss those guys.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The good part is that if Dragon Master Iris defeats Ash it could set up for more appearances. I also hope we at least get a flashback of Georgia, she was funny. Maybe even a cameo of one of the BW rivals? I miss those guys.

I don't think those are necessary. What I would want out of a loss for Ash is that both his dragons get some development. That Iris can bestow some of her 'Dragon Mastery' onto Ash to develop both Dragonite and Dracovish. That's what his team needs at this point - and if it doesn't happen, and they just get a few wins, then that's just worthless imo.

Morax

King of heroes
Iris is a dragon master now? When did that happen?

Sham

The Guardian of War
I don't think those are necessary. What I would want out of a loss for Ash is that both his dragons get some development. That Iris can bestow some of her 'Dragon Mastery' onto Ash to develop both Dragonite and Dracovish. That's what his team needs at this point - and if it doesn't happen, and they just get a few wins, then that's just worthless imo.
I think it is. I liked the rivals and we never get updates on how they’re doing if they’re not Ash’s and that’s just barely.
Iris is a dragon master now? When did that happen?
Issa joke

game3524

Iris' return isn't a special occasion in the same way those were since characters returning is a regular thing in Journeys, like in the same vain you could say that it's not fair that only one or two characters got to return in previous series compared to however many JN will end up having. It's just different situations. Multiparters have never been common in Pokemon so regardless of timeslot etc they most likely would've done a series with multiple cameos like this, shame Iris didn't get her time earlier but it is what it is I expect the same for Gary and other companions too.

This. I would also argue that Iris's return is one of the more organic returns so far of any companion. Her being interested in the PWC makes a ton of sense given what we know about her character. Even though it may be just one episode, it is already set up to be better then Dawn's return in BW (even though it may be shorter then Dawn's return) because Iris has a clear reason and purpose for showing up.

LucasMV

Pretty sure at least Gary will stay longer for than one episode
They did mention something along the lines of "will he become Ash's rival again?" in that early tweet, if I'm not mistaken.
But then again, they also hyped the hell out of Mewtwo being the OG one as if it was going to be a big deal in the episode, and we all know how that turned out.

But yeah, I'd love for Gary to be more than just a one episode comeback, it'd be great if he was a bit more involved than that.

To be honest, I'd like all of the characters that have returned/will return during the series to come back at least once more before the end, even if it's just to watch Ash's final match.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So basically you admit that May received the same thing you’re accusing Iris of but giving her a pass because you preferred May’s storyline. Also contrary to popular belief May was never “steadily” improving. Majority of her Contest she entered she actually won. She wasn’t constantly losing like Dawn was. Not to mention you disliking Iris’ development in BW is subjective. She did receive focus and actually has the same exact focus episodes as Serena. Her becoming Gym leader isn’t a “power up” either considering she could of became one in BW but declined Drayden’s offer almost immediately.
I admitted nothing of that sort, don't put words in my mouth. For may it feels warranted and not more of a power up coz in her whole series she was shown to be competent and yes she improved, compare her kanto grand festival to hoenn grand festival. She even managed to tie with Ash and Sceptile. So her mons evolving in her offscreen journey and reuniting with Ash then seems more warranted. And then again, so what if may was the same as iris? That being used to deflect the criticism makes no sense to me. For iris, I like her and her character, but her coming back with Haxorus is definitely a powerup lmao considering how her and axew were treated in BW. Even dragonite didn't get over its disobedience issues totally in that series, and these were the 2 dragons she had so yea her development when it comes to "dragon master" in BW felt bad.
May and Dawn were part of arcs.

Misty and Brock were unfortunately stuck and treated as a pair, they only received a single focus episode each so basically same deal as Iris here only they appeared more. At least she actually evolved things and grew offscreen though... none of the main cast has done that since May!
So being able to mega evolve doesn't count? Seriously? Lmao

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
And possible Gabite/Garchomp...

Imagine Iris just rolling up casually with a Dragonite, Garchomp and Haxorus...

I mean that's pretty darn stacked compared with her Excadrill to deal with the Ice-weakness..

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I mean that's pretty darn stacked compared with her Excadrill to deal with the Ice-weakness..
Her team will get even better when we finally get a dragon/steel pseudo, aka a dragon/steel type who isn't a legendary (Dialga) or doesn't suck (Duralodon)

Status
Not open for further replies.