• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Her team will get even better when we finally get a dragon/steel pseudo, aka a dragon/steel type who isn't a legendary (Dialga) or doesn't suck (Duralodon)

Don't hate on Duraludon. It isn't that bad..

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Don't hate on Duraludon. It isn't that bad..
Would’ve been more liked and better if it was at least a psuedo but for some reason GF doesn’t bother doing double psuedos after doing so for one time.

Locormus

Would’ve been more liked and better if it was at least a psuedo but for some reason GF doesn’t bother doing double psuedos after doing so for one time.

That should not be a defining criteria. The thing has a BST of 535 which isn't 600, but still isn't pitiful. It has a good defensive typing as a Steel/Dragon, only being weak to Fighting and Ground. Those still are fairly common, but those are mostly physical attackers and it has a good physical defense to patch that.

The problem comes with its weird stat-spread (not the total amount). It's as if GF genuinely didn't know what to do with it - and didn't want to go the Glalie-route (equal on everything). In the end, the stats turn into a weird failed mixed physical tank while also being aglass cannon on the special side with a speed stat that falls too short of being able to outspeed much of anything or too fast to clearly signify tank/wall. I mean Torterra has a 525 BST. Give that spread to Duraludon with +10 in SpA because they want it to be a mixed attacker and its fine (considering the better defensive typing). Or even just keep Duraludon's stat spread, but switch the speed, hp and sp.defense to 85HP, 70SpD and 50Speed. I mean looking at the thing that would've made more sense as opposed to the ridiculous 85 speed. A thing that is based off a skyscraper shouldn't have freaking 85 speed. I mean how in the hell can a SKYSCRAPER be faster then a fully evolved flaming chicken.

I mean I know that its 'light metal' (sometimes it has Heavy Metal though).. But still.. That's just retarded in my book.

So yeah, in short. I don't dislike Duraludon and I don't think the BST is the reason why it gets some dislike. It's the problem of the stat-pread that leaves it troublesome to use. So my issue is with GF and not the pokémon itself.

Also way too rare in a playthrough.. >.>

Sham

The Guardian of War
I admitted nothing of that sort, don't put words in my mouth. For may it feels warranted and not more of a power up coz in her whole series she was shown to be competent and yes she improved, compare her kanto grand festival to hoenn grand festival. She even managed to tie with Ash and Sceptile. So her mons evolving in her offscreen journey and reuniting with Ash then seems more warranted. And then again, so what if may was the same as iris? That being used to deflect the criticism makes no sense to me. For iris, I like her and her character, but her coming back with Haxorus is definitely a powerup lmao considering how her and axew were treated in BW. Even dragonite didn't get over its disobedience issues totally in that series, and these were the 2 dragons she had so yea her development when it comes to "dragon master" in BW felt bad.
I mean you kinda went from justifying May to “well it doesn’t really matter anyway because we are talking about Iris”....which is it? The reason she was shown to be competent is because she barely lost lol. And yes I’ve seen both Grand Festivals. She moved up one place than before but never made it to the finals. She tied with Ash despite having the type advantage and even so Iris actually defeated the guy. In conclusion no it’s not more warranted. This is bias. It isn’t being used to deflect criticism; it’s being used to expose bias. Have all the criticism you want but don’t excuse an action you’re condemning in another character. Dragonite was over his disobedience and had a slight slip up in the Claire match but it doesn’t negate the work Iris put to be able to command him. A Dragon Master isn’t solely dependent on how many Dragons you own and if that were the case Misty was a “Water Master” before her debut episode. Iris spent multiple times trying to bond with Dragon Pokémon and challenged multiple Dragon users to improve herself. Like I said if you consider her having a fully evolved Pokémon a “major power up” but have no problem with May popping up with a Glaceon, Warturtle and Venausar then I have nothing for you.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Imagine Iris just rolling up casually with a Dragonite, Garchomp and Haxorus...

I mean that's pretty darn stacked compared with her Excadrill to deal with the Ice-weakness..

gible aside I honestly have to wonder this.

if it turns out Axew didn't evolve after all this time, how will people react.

then again if turns out we're only getting a dragonite fight, which is cool to me, i know there will be complaints regardless.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

then again if turns out we're only getting a dragonite fight, which is cool to me, i know there will be complaints regardless.
Salty, so im expecting it to stay an Axew since this is journeys after all.

Red and Blue

I would be bothered to much if it didn't evolve. But given the merch with Haxorus and Axew's absence in that picture with Ash, Iris, and Go I'd may it's more than likely it evolved

Locormus

Honestly, I'm going to complain if Ash wins this fight and there is no development for his dragons other then 'they/it had a win/wins". At this point, that simply isn't enough.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Honestly, I'm going to complain if Ash wins this fight and there is no development for his dragons other then 'they/it had a win/wins". At this point, that simply isn't enough.

so if Ash wins and at does gain something meaningful out of it you won't complain?

Locormus

so if Ash wins and at does gain something meaningful out of it you won't complain?

If he gets some meaningful development out of it, I certainly won't complain if Ash wins.

Dracovish and Dragonite simply getting wins isn't going to make up for getting zero development thus far..

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Serena is apparently the most popular pokegirl in Japan, so is very likely that she will come back eventually. Now how she will come back is a good question.

Well, we need the mandatory "Is he your boyfriend?" trope that every series has. Only in this case:

Koharu: Is Ash your boyfriend?
Serena: Well, ye...
Ash: We are childhood friends
Serena: :mad:

speaking about serena, there is a poll that a popular page is doing, about Pokemon. The question is what is your favorite pokegirl?

Serena and Dawn are in the first places, and on instagram, there was a pearlshipper account and another amour acc, both were apparently fighting. It makes me laugh how they fight when Serena and Dawn would get along very well in the anime.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
speaking about serena, there is a poll that a popular page is doing, about Pokemon. The question is what is your favorite pokegirl?

Serena and Dawn are in the first places, and on instagram, there was a pearlshipper account and another amour acc, both were apparently fighting. It makes me laugh how they fight when Serena and Dawn would get along very well in the anime.
Poll source?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Lillie is best girl

Anyways I think Iris has more to lose than Ash does in this battle since apparently its a dragon type battle and Iris is trying to become a dragon master, while Ash can rank up at anytime since he can easily jump up alot in the rankings offscreen .
Id rather Ash ranked up against Gary instead.

Poll source?

RafaSceptile

I remember a poll made during the end of SM about the most popular Ash's travelling companions, the top4 were Brock, Serena, Dawn and Lillie but I need to find the source of that poll

Status
Not open for further replies.