• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

Please don't spread misinformation about any supposed "confirmation" Iris has become a champion. No such claim has been made anywhere, just commentary about how her outfit in the promo video implies this... which is the exact same comments people were making in the first place.
Well that’s disappointing. It’s a press release so it seems strange for them to throw in that detail. Famitsu says the same thing.

I guess we’ll find out in two weeks then and whether or not she has a Haxorus :p

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
If Iris is hypothetically not a champion, then Ash probably wins and goes to the top 100 or whatever it's called.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Well that’s disappointing. It’s a press release so it seems strange for them to throw in that detail. Famitsu says the same thing.

It's not really strange. They obviously included scenes of Iris in her champion outfit in the video to make people go "wait, what, does this mean she's champion now?", and they pointed this out in the press release as well to make sure people realize this is the reaction they're meant to have.

nuzamaki90

It's not really strange. They obviously included scenes of Iris in her champion outfit in the video to make people go "wait, what, does this mean she's champion now?", and they pointed this out in the press release as well to make sure people realize this is the reaction they're meant to have.
Marketers. Sly dogs.

Apologies for potentially spreading misinformation then.

Red and Blue

Good. Dracovish is the second Pokemon. Since it's going against Iris' Dragonite that might mean it got a win against her second Dragon :)

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
We saw Angrynite battle both Draco and Drago. Which means at least one of them will lose to Angrynite. I'm guessing Mr. Fish will lose after doing after some damage to Angrynite because Angry vs Drago is the hyped battle. And Drago probably cleans up because ... reasons.

LucasMV

We saw Angrynite battle both Draco and Drago. Which means at least one of them will lose to Angrynite. I'm guessing Mr. Fish will lose after doing after some damage to Angrynite because Angry vs Drago is the hyped battle. And Drago probably cleans up because ... reasons.
So, like against Korrina? Dracovish goes first and loses, and then Dragonite sweeps?

It could also be that Dracovish defeats Iris' first Dragon and loses to Dragonite, who then battles Ash's Dragonite. That'd be better I think.

ShadowForce720

So, like against Korrina? Dracovish goes first and loses, and then Dragonite sweeps?

It could also be that Dracovish defeats Iris' first Dragon and loses to Dragonite, who then battles Ash's Dragonite. That'd be better I think.
Also looking at the battle it seems like Dracovish has some sort of Ice type move since I’m pretty sure the part where Dragonite seems to be partly frozen also shows Dracovish.

Which would mean that it knows Ice Fang which is the only Ice type move that Dracovish can learn, which would mean it’s current move set is this:

Ash’s Dracovish:
Water Gun
Fishious Rend
Ice Fang
????(still unknown what it’s 4th move is)
To think my girl is legit the ****ing champ of Isshu.

How insane. A milestone for a girl protagonist in the anime.
Dephender literally said that there was no actual confirmation that Iris is a champion.

Nice to see Iris back in her B2W2 outfit! Also nice to see Dracovish battling. I’m guessing the battle could go like this:

- Dracovish vs. Haxorous (Dracovish wins)
- Dracovish vs. Dragonite (Dragonite wins)
- Dragonite vs. Dragonite (Ash’s Dragonite wins)

I’m definitely looking forward to see the battle and what moves/new moves Dracovish and Iris’s Pokémon have.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Please don't spread misinformation about any supposed "confirmation" Iris has become a champion. No such claim has been made anywhere, just commentary about how her outfit in the promo video implies this... which is the exact same comments people were making in the first place.
Figures. Maybe she still gets trounced by Alder on his good days.

Status
Not open for further replies.