• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Serena has 3 mons while Lillie has 2 out of which one is a mythical and one can use a z move and has defeated a salamence and pushed back a Tyranitar. I think having one extra Mon (considering her mons barely battled at all) doesn't push her past Lillie who has completed battles and defeated hard opponents, Can use a z move, has a mythical and has shown analytical skills unlike Serena
I can't really count Magearna as it's done nothing. Snowy takes down 2 of Sylveon, Pancham, and Braixen before fainting in a close match with whichever one Serena has left.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I can't really count Magearna as it's done nothing. Snowy takes down 2 of Sylveon, Pancham, and Braxian before fainting in a close match with whichever one Serena has left.
It's still her Mon
Do you not count incineroar as ash's Mon?
Regardless if it hasn't done anything it still belongs to Lillie and will be used and since it's a mythical it shouldn't be dismissed off as weak. So yea combined with magearna, her z move and all she easily takes down Serena

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It's still her Mon
Regardless if it hasn't done anything it still belongs to Lillie and will be used and since it's a mythical it shouldn't be dismissed off as weak. So yea combined with magearna, her z move and all she easily takes down Serena
As long as we didnt see it battles How is ur argument valid? “Will be used”? So by this logic I can say: Serena will battle in contests and get stronger

Decidueye23

By what basis are her mons not weak but theirs are? List some feats lol her mons did and compare it to them. Mallow I give you, Lana is definitely much stronger than Serena considering she was actually a battler, and for Lillie I've already mentioned many points. The bias against Alolan girls compared to Serena shouldn't affect this lmao, Serena isn't strong at all in battling
I agree serena is not that strong. But you really cant defend lillie by saying snowy beat a salamance. That was the most BS part of the alolan league. Lillie was not a battler too.and on contrary serena actually ahd a proper battle she won. Unlike Lillie. Her snowy beating the salamence was just pure plot BS. And if type advantage is the only explanation then braixen trumps snowy.

Also, there is zero indication that magearna is lillie's or that it can actually battle. So i dont think you should take that too seriously. Its more of a plot device for mohn.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
It's still her Mon
I get what your coming at here, but mythical's aren't treated the same way legends are in the anime. Most mythical's outright avoid battles altogether, with some exceptions. Should Magearna be strong? Yes, but it's a man-made mythical, maybe Lillie got the short stick.
As for Incineroar, I'm adamant that the only way to judge it is based on what it's done as a Torrecat. It needed help to beat Kakui's, so it's not quite Mega Pokemon level

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I agree serena is not that strong. But you really cant defend lillie by saying snowy beat a salamance. That was the most BS part of the alolan league. Lillie was not a battler too.and on contrary serena actually ahd a proper battle she won. Unlike Lillie. Her snowy beating the salamence was just pure plot BS. And if type advantage is the only explanation then braixen trumps snowy.

Also, there is zero indication that magearna is lillie's or that it can actually battle. So i dont think you should take that too seriously. Its more of a plot device for mohn.
100% agree

ShadowForce720

That wasn’t BS considering the fact that Salamence was already had been weakened by Kiawe’s Turtonator, so it’s not that Farfetch’d to think that Snowy could beat Salamence with quad effective move if it had already been significantly weakened by Kiawe’s Turtonator.

Like I’m not sure why some people here are trying to rewrite history and act like Lillie’s Alolan Vulpix took out the Salamence all by itself when that wasn’t what happened.

nuzamaki90

Power rankings are stupid unless their going off of present day. These girls haven’t appeared in years and we don’t know what they are capable of now. Misty came back with a Mega and a fleshed out Gym and there’s a possibility Iris could be Champion lol!

We don’t know what Dawn, May, or Serena are doing now so it’s no point in comparing them right now

Decidueye23

That wasn’t BS considering the fact that Salamence was already had been weakened by Kiawe’s Turtonator, so it’s not that Farfetch’d to think that Snowy could beat Salamence with quad effective move if it had already been significantly weakened by Kiawe’s Turtonator.

Like I’m not sure why some people here are trying to rewrite history and act like Lillie’s Alolan Vulpix took out the Salamence all by itself when that wasn’t what happened.
I actually forgot about the turtonator part my bad. But a conpletely inexperienced snowy taking down a salamance still seemed pretty otrageous to me. But i ll give it to tyoe advantage like you said.

But this further strenghens my point that snowy getting the win on salamance doesnt give any indication as to the strength of Snowy. What i meant is the fact that lillie beat it and moved onto the next round was purely for plot sake as they wanted an emotional gladio vs lillie which was fine given the context but still out of all those trainers lillie making it through seemed outrageous at best.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
It's been a long time since we last saw Iris so we can likely assume she's become much stronger than she used to be. Just like how Ash has progressed from BW up until now. He hit a low point but managed to bounce back and become much stronger
I just hope they do her justice.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
As long as we didnt see it battles How is ur argument valid? “Will be used”? So by this logic I can say: Serena will battle in contests and get stronger
What are you even talking about? It's still a Mon that can be used and belongs to Lillie, that's my entire point here.

You can't just disregard one point by saying it's BS lmao, disregarding what happened. And that's not the only way im defending Lillie. She also pushed back a Tyranitar remember? Remember her Gladion battle where she showed skills and thinking? Her Z move? Even if magearna hasn't battled yet it's still her Mon to be used. It just feels like arbitrarily rules by y'all to discredit Lillie and hype up Serena when Serena has done NOTHING in the battle department compared to Lillie who has, even if it isn't much. Oh and she also commanded Pikachu to win a battle too, again showing she has battle skills.
I get what your coming at here, but mythical's aren't treated the same way legends are in the anime. Most mythical's outright avoid battles altogether, with some exceptions. Should Magearna be strong? Yes, but it's a man-made mythical, maybe Lillie got the short stick.
As for Incineroar, I'm adamant that the only way to judge it is based on what it's done as a Torrecat. It needed help to beat Kakui's, so it's not quite Mega Pokemon level
It's still a Mon that can battle and I don't see any reasoning for it being weak. We can't just disregard a pokemon's status imo like that

Turtonator landed one hit on it, doesn't mean it "weakened" it. It was Ultimately Lillie who took it down with her attack.
Ok so she took down an already weakened Pokemon by another trainer’s pokemon? What an achievement.... wow.
Yea one attack by turtonator is such a big deal right? Lmao. Still better then anything Serena did in terms of battling. Also the pushing back the Tyranitar thing, Z move, her battling skills having been shown, let's just disregard all that.

This is just clear bias for Serena and against the alolan girls when the rhetoric is Serena is stronger then them for some reason when she has shown no battling feats compared to the others.

Previews sometimes talk about the earlier parts of an episode (such as ep 18 hyping up Pikachu VS Raichu) so I don't think Dragonite VS Dragonite is necessarily the "main" part, especially with them hiding Axew so much. There's visible damage on Iris's Dragonite after Dracovish's Ice Fang while it looks clean in the shots with Satoshi's so I think huggy boy is getting beat and then mr. Fish finishes. And then in comes the surprise Haxorus which SHOULD probably beat Dracovish but who knows maybe crossed fossils are just OP lol.
Well Dracovish, as a species, is the strongest fossil mon these days. A Pokemon whose counter is Zacian shouldn't be considered weak.
I’m sorry but Lana is not seeing Dawn any day of the week and neither is Misty quite frankly. Dawn already beat May so she deserves a higher spot over all.
It was a contest. No one fainted.
The Alola League was kinda messy, we have no idea what level of power the characters were supposed to be at.

Curious if Iris only makes this one appearance or at minimum gets referenced/flashed back to sometime down the road
The more curious aspect of this episode, for me, is her ranking. Why is it so low? Maybe because she just entered or something like that.

Curious why May and Misty are always high on these lists. Especially Misty. Did Misty have any special feats during her run? Yes she has a Mega but she has yet to actually defeat anyone with it besides TR.
She performed quite well in the Whirl cup and she wasn't a pushover. May, on the other hand, was a capable battler.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I really don‘t see Ash winning this.

If Dracovish comes out first and losses to Dragonite, doubt ash‘s D will defeat Iris‘ and than Iris second dragon possibly Hoxarus.
Already not in the mood for this one.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I really don‘t see Ash winning this.
I actually do since this episode is gonna be Iris' only appearance and Ash ranking up defeating someone else after losing to her would be a weird thing for him to do.

It will be a tough battle but I'm pretty sure he will prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.