• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Sham

The Guardian of War
I hope this episode certifies that Iris is the strongest companion Ash has ever had and I think she’s battled him the most out of his companions. I think the only one who’s close to her strength at this point is Dawn.

I don't really care if Alola is weaker than all the other regions. Alola was never about strength. It was about family, sharing and all the really sappy stuff. The last Alola OP really gives of all the vibes and makes me cry almost every time. Whether Alola was weak or not, it made Ash and Pikachu stronger.
How cute xD

BlueLight

I really love Sun and Moon, especially the parent-son dynamic between Ash and Kukui and Burnet. It was really emotional when Burnet cried because Ash was leaving and then hugging him. From the time she shifted to Kukui's house, she was just like a mother to Ash.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
It's the first league in the region. What dumbass doesn't have their first opening of a tournament be a lot more accessible? Obviously, afterwards, more restrictions will be replaced depending on what entailed.
The biggest thing people are missing is the Alola League is an adapted version from the SM games and nothing indicates in canon it’s meant to be perceived as any lesser or less prestigious than the previous leagues. Kukui says in game he established it as a way to show the world how amazing Alola in. Indeed the protagonist allies with Solgaleo/Lunala as well gains the attention of the island deity, Kapu Kokeko. PM’s move toward using the PWC as a new anime-only goal along with the change in structure of the series and style of catching these already strong Pokémon definitely feels like it’s meant to be a “rank up/progression” in goal for Satoshi than simply going on a regional series spanning fetch quest. He’s not going to go fight the league this series after getting eight badges and never truly oppose “Champion Dande” but will reach the Master Rank and then fight “World Monarch”/“The Greatest of them All”/Supreme-whatever Dande.

Until something indicates in canon that the Alola League is meant to be lesser or inferior to the other leagues any potshots at it in that regard are just head canon or fanon. I’m not getting any impression from the change in formula or narrative that PM is anything other than a natural and organic continuing or SM. Same art style and episodic style of “growth” without many COTD episodes and even brought back SM music for the return to Alola.

The last SM episode is Satoshi deciding to leave Alola to “see the world” (“The world outside of Alola is worth seeing” according to Lychee) now he’s on a world tour.

Last edited:

UnovaMaster

Well, no, but it's pretty sad only two people in the entire region are a threat while the other four officials...can be safely skipped without repercussions to affect progress.

(Also, Koko is too obsessed to fight a damn Pikachu to care about fighting anyone else.)

Oh you mean like Kalos with only Alain and Sawyer and then hundreds of weaklings that couldn't stop a frog?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Oh you mean like Kalos with only Alain and Sawyer and then hundreds of weaklings that couldn't stop a frog?
Weaklings that got all 8 gyms. Id take that rather than weaklings that barely battle, get to participate the league and even win the first round. Like the fat electrid kid, the green chef girl, the girl with the good wasted design that lives in a rich house
It shows how much this league is a joke

Decidueye23

Umm... a frog that could literally stomp more than half of Ash's alolan team?

I know greninja gets so much flak for losing to alains MC X. But why are we forgetting that its the same chsrizard that held its own against a freakin zygarde!

Like can we stop pretending as if the alolan league was full of strong trainers. Say what you will about any other league. The league's were proven to have strong trainers. Mallow Lillie Sophocles none of them had any major battle experiences and they qualified into what top 16?noje of them even had a 3rd pokemon!.
See i get it that it made narrative sense so i have no problem with that but we should not pretend as if they are as strong as other competitors in other leagues

UnovaMaster

Weaklings that got all 8 gyms. Id take that rather than weaklings that barrly battle, get to participate the leagye and even win the first round. Like the fat electrid kid, the green chef girl, the girl with the good wasted design that lives in a rich house
It shows how much this league is a joke

Nah the Kalos league trainers were the bigger joke, probably pity badges galore

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Shota was brand-new trainer as well who became an equal to Satoshi and got all his badges when he only had two iirc while Satoshi had six. Tierno and Trova were also brand-new trainers.

Alan was the only trainer with prior length to becoming a trainer before the series started it seems.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Oh no the "Alola league is a joke and is less important and prestigious than the other leagues" people are pissed again because their claim is entirely fanon and not supported by anything, in fact opposite is promoted by anime and marketing
*Sigh*
Also let's not pretend Alola didn't have strong league trainers too like Kiawe Gladion and Guzma and Kukui, instead of acting like it's all weak but whatever
Back to the topic, if iris doesn't return id take her being a champion despite how glaring it is that all of it is offscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.