• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
wait? ash losing the worst?????? no no no iris has to win ash does not deserve the win.
>Rank on the line
>Ash losing

Pick One. And only 1 is correct.

Decidueye23

Again just like with korrina, he did not deserve the win then, he does not now, he has done NOTHING with dragonite, no training, no nothing for a very long time, he, does, not, deserve, it.
Dragonite is a very strong fully evolved pokemon. And outside of lucario he actually used it quite a bit. The raid battle episode. The park episode. During DD. I dotnsee what training he has to put in with dragonite. Now dracovish on the other hand

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Again just like with korrina, he did not deserve the win then, he does not now, he has done NOTHING with dragonite, no training, no nothing for a very long time, he, does, not, deserve, it.
It's all done offscreen and at times onscreen lul.
Now dracovish on the other hand
Nah I'll give it a pass cause it's Mr.Fish Lul

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Maybe she appears later? But I feel like she and Gary are one of the many cameos we are getting, they are here for fan service not actually to make them relevant and give them arcs.
Might just be hype text for the episode, but given everything that goes on in the episode, Gary's appearance feels more like setup for a future plot point.
Professor Okido's grandson and Satoshi's childhood friend from way back. He's Satoshi's greatest rival, and the two have had many battles thus far. Just like Satoshi, he was once a Pokémon Trainer that set off from Masara Town, but he's now retired as a Trainer and is following the same path of a researcher as Professor Okido.

And just what is Shigeru's goal?!

And what will happen with Satoshi and Shigeru now that they've reunited?

AsH KetcHHup

Dragonite is legendary pokemon tier power. Even without training, it would make sense if it had a good shot of winning. You can be mad when Dracovish sweeps Iris after all his training during some junior's swimming competition. Ok being serious. There is going to be something that the writers make an excuse of so Ash can win like the super effective hits or Dracovish being faster.

LucasMV

Ash is winning this anyways, like it or not lul. Anyone that says otherwise is just in denial lul.
I mean, the pattern seems to be that Ash wins against past characters that are just brought back for one episode to serve as stepping stones towards a higher rank/class (Lt Surge's surrogate gym leader, Korrina, now Iris). And loses and then rematches trainers that are introduced in this series, like Bea and Rinto, since they are more likely to show up again until Ash defeats them eventually.
Training happens off-screen. What they show us on screen from time to time is supposed to be happening every day in off-screen land lol.

ShadowForce720

Dragonite is legendary pokemon tier power. Even without training, it would make sense if it had a good shot of winning. You can be mad when Dracovish sweeps Iris after all his training during some junior's swimming competition. Ok being serious. There is going to be something that the writers make an excuse of so Ash can win like the super effective hits or Dracovish being faster.
I’m just pointing this out but we don’t know how strong Ash’s Dracovish actually is. The reasons why some people are calling it weak is because it was revived from a fossil and we haven’t really seen it battle and/or train.

However just because it was revived from a fossil and we haven’t seen it battle or train doesn’t automatically mean it’s weak.

Heck we’ve seen cases where a Pokémon was revived from a fossil but wasn’t a baby.

So Dracovish being strong enough to take on and defeat at least one of Iris’s Pokémon is not a Farfetch’d idea.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Might just be hype text for the episode, but given everything that goes on in the episode, Gary's appearance feels more like setup for a future plot point.

The "Shigeru's goal" thing is referring to this:
He's returned to the Kanto region for "a certain reason", and it seems this reason involves the legendary Pokémon Fire...

Guess I should've worded it as "what is Shigeru's reason for being here in the first place" or something along those lines. It's not referring to some long-term plot point they're setting up.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
The "Shigeru's goal" thing is referring to this:

Guess I should've worded it as "what is Shigeru's reason for being here in the first place" or something along those lines. It's not referring to some long-term plot point they're setting up.
Ah, it seemed like Moltres was just part of a larger goal, and the rival recap made me think the writers may be teasing a battle in the future.

I had thought that Gary was the most likely candidate to capture Moltres, but if he is going to be a one-off then Moltres probably isn't being caught by anyone.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
the new standard of this series : Ash trains off screen

we get over that and move on
We'll be treated to a scene where he trains Dragonite for all but five seconds on one technique which will show up later. I can't say this for sure, but that's the extent of training in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.