• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Why they would hide Axew evolving so much when they have spoiled more important stuff before

There must be some difference between marketable hype vs telling too much.

Think of the outcome of the Alola league, you'd think they'd hype it up even the full battle but they decided primarily keep it hidden, they didn't show too much until someone decided to do some voice over bit of Guzzlord emerging. I guess a man screaming into microphone was too much to pass up.

So they hype up Dragonite vs Dragonite even showing off Dracovish confirming a 2vs2.

Don't you think showing us Haxorus would be too much, surely they appreciate some exciting surprises even if predictable as all hell, it's still nice to predict correctly. Although trust me when I say I wish they'd share Ash's final team because I'm tired of the "Will he catch it? Will he evolve it?" BS that takes a toll on my mental health, exacerbated by Go's mere existence.

Whether that's why the VA list has been incomplete is whatever.

Guy100

If Iris Axel did it evovle I see the battle being Ash 's Dragonite vs Iris Dragonite. Ash recalls Dragonite in place of dracovish.

Dracovish defeats Iris's dragonite, and then Iris 's Haxarus defeats Dracovish. Then Ash's dragonite beats Haxarus gaining entry to the hyper class.

Also, since Ash is two captures away from a milestone of 100 captures, I predict he will catch at least two more Pokemon. I also theorize that Ash's inevitable 100 capture milestone, could be the the reason the writers have toned down Goh;s catching spree, as they dont want for him to yet surpass Ash's soon to be milestone.

I still believe Lugia will be his last catch, since its set to reappear again. I also think Zarude will also be Ash's other capture since its dual typing of Dark/ Grass helps to diversify his team.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
There's a scene of Go throwing a pokeball on the same ground Moltres is seen. Whether it escapes or not is a different question. I think it will be a capture but this will just enrage more people and the Go hate train gets bigger.
I think failing to capture Moltres (and Articuno, if it appears), then catching 1-3 of the galar birds is more likely than catching one of the kanto birds then also catching however many galar birds. I also think he will fail to catch any old Regi's in favor of the new ones as they are the pokemon that need to be marketed. Though any legendary that isn't Kubfu/Urshifu will likely migrate like Suicune.
Just saw a Japanese conspiracy theory about how the missing voice cast lists might have been a deliberate attempt to avoid spoiling whether or not Kibago has evolved, since they don't have to list which character Tsuda plays now.
They wouldn't do that, though.... would they?
My biggest takeaway from the missing cast lists is people no longer speculating on who may catch what based on the pokedex voice actors.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Iris deserves this win. If Dragonite goes out it will be yet again it gets KO’d after being commanded by Iris and if Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus loses than that’s bad too since Axew did nothing in BW. Both of them winning would be a nice redemption arc tbh.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Iris deserves this win. If Dragonite goes out it will be yet again it gets KO’d after being commanded by Iris and if Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus loses than that’s bad too since Axew did nothing in BW. Both of them winning would be a nice redemption arc tbh.

No one deserves anything in this show.

Look i know she's had her dragonite longer, but Ash's ain't exactly a weakling as it did solo Korrina by itself (taking a mega pokemon down in it's first onscreen fight after having taken a beating already is impressive), and Dracovish's darkhorse/unknown status can throw her off.

Also, in the event Iris does win this, you know it's likely that Ash will probably re challenge her later on and probably win when the stakes are higher since he would improve on any bad things that go down here, so as a hardcore Iris fan would you be ok with her losing now and getting it over with or having to deal with it later when the outcome's impact is bound to leave more of a bitter aftertaste due to the higher stakes?

That don't mean Ash is gauranteed to win this match, but i'm just asking this to all those are fans of Iris the above question.

Also another small question is i've also seen a few people insist that they don't want Iris to lose because she is likely using only dragons and don't want Ash to beat her with her own element.

If she wins, what's to stop him from using the two again later on? Or you the other four he's got, and while you can say Noivern and Goodra aren't that great, Gible and Naganadel would definitely break stuff, heck people talk about how they wonder how Iris will react to Dracovish.

how about an Ultra Beast?

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

I can imagine the outrage if its revealed that Axew hasn't evolved yet as well as Ash losing to Iris.
I can imagine the outrage if
  • Ash wins the battle
  • Ash loses the battle
  • Iris is not a champion
  • Iris was shafted in her return
  • Iris' Axew is not evolved
  • Iris call Ash a kid
  • Goh do something
And looking at previous threads for the series, somehow we will end discussing about how Goh catched a new Pokémon somehow or something like that

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash deserves to win, he needs to show Iris who the true Dragon Master is
He clearly isn't a "Dragon Master" or anything close considering that he doesn't specialize in Dragon-types and has barely done anything with the current Dragon-types on his team [especially Uonoragon].

If Satoshi really wants to show Iris a true Dragon Master, then it would behoove him to give her Wataru's contact information.

Decidueye23

I can imagine the outrage because:
  • Ash wins the battle
  • Ash loses the battle
  • Iris is not a champion
  • Iris was shafted in her return
  • Iris' Axew is not evolved
  • Iris call Ash a kid
  • Goh do something
And looking at previous threads for the series, somehow we will end discussing about how Goh catched a new Pokémon somehow or something like that
Tbf... the korrina episode was frustrating bevause so much of the time Goh went on his catching spree. The whole point of a returning character is to soend sometime eith them. They didnt have to give that muvh screen time to Goh's catching there. They could have done that in some other episode.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Tbf... the korrina episode was frustrating bevause so much of the time Goh went on his catching spree. The whole point of a returning character is to soend sometime eith them. They didnt have to give that muvh screen time to Goh's catching there. They could have done that in some other episode.
Um i understand what you try to say but.....that bad spelling you know that right ?

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Not saying ash is a dragon master but was that one skill required to be a dragon master?
Understanding the hearts of dragons is the main ingredient to being a Dragon Master. Obviously Iris, who was able to calm down raging Dragon-types and even peak into their hearts/minds in certain instances would be that where as Satoshi never displayed such an ability and said user is calling him a Dragon Master incorrectly just cause he caught Dragon Pokémon. Going off this logic anyone who catches Dragon Pokémon is a Dragon Master.

(If Satoshi were to have some side goal occupation I’m shocked they’re ignoring Lucario’s hadou and Satoshi’s own hasn’t been referenced...)

Status
Not open for further replies.