• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
So she must be a dragon master now

Tbh I'd kinda still give it to Dawn because she was literally a sliver away from her goal. Unless being a champion does mean she became a dragon master
Idk the summary still says " Iris had set off on a training journey together with her partner Pokémon Axew, aiming to become Dragon Master, but it appears she has now returned to the Unova region" so I'm assuming not but it could just be past tense prior to this episode.

Morax

King of heroes
Idk the summary still says " Iris had set off on a training journey together with her partner Pokémon Axew, aiming to become Dragon Master, but it appears she has now returned to the Unova region" so I'm assuming not but it could just be past tense prior to this episode.
I mean making her a champion is the farthest they can take her towards her goal. A 'dragon master' doesn't exist, just like a water master or a pokemon master, the closest to that is a champion.

Spyro39

I think the blurb still says she's aims to be one. I remember when Aoi said pay attention to Iris' development this episode and people thought she was just being facetious but she actually was dead serious.
Taking away what Aoi said, regardless of how the episode turns out, we'll see Iris making strides in development towards her character and goal, offscreen or onscreen.

If that's true who's the current dragon master?
Drayden. He's considered to be a Dragon Master in the anime.

Decidueye23

Second, the Deino line isn’t marketable
Hydreigon ranked 3rd in the Unovan Popularity poll so not sure how its not marketable.
and usually the companions besides Misty aren’t overly spammed with Pokemon from their own region.
Dawn: Am i a joke to you?

Ash’s issue is that he dumps his team on Oak’s farm all the time. He doesn’t know how to max out the potential in the captures he already owns. So many of his Pokémon are just wasting away. That’s why so many of them leave him. His commitment is only to Pikachu.

Imagine Greninja with its skill wasting its life with Oak waiting to be called by Ash. It knew better.
Now that is simply the marketing curse. They neee ash to head off to a new region and markwt new pokemon. And honestly its more exciting to see ash build new relationships with pokemon rather than spamming just a select few.

Guys, really?
Ash also became a champion, he defeated Kukui who was at the Elite Four level, and at the latest lost 3 times in a row, all because of Bea. Then he then lost to the Gallade trainer.

So no wonder if Iris mentioned that she recently won the Unova Championship, maybe in the league, but rather as young she might be losing a fight as well.
Being the champion of a given region does not mean that you can win all the time - here's the reason: Raihan, who was ranked 7th in the world ranking, is a gym leader and not a champion of some other region.
Ash won a league. Iris took it a step further.

Oh and Kukui is E4 level? I guess I missed that line of dialogue. In which episode was that stated? Or are you making things up?

RafaSceptile

Ash won a league. Iris took it a step further.

Oh and Kukui is E4 level? I guess I missed that line of dialogue. In which episode was that stated? Or are you making things up?
Powerscale is not a consistent thing in the anime since a Gym Leader like Raihan is in the top8. And as explained in other threads before, Kukui being an E4 is a possibility by how he is the strongest trainer in the region and how his counterpart in the games is an E4 level. Also that was the perception of the forum when someone made a poll with that question.

Powerscale is not a consistent thing in the anime since a Gym Leader like Raihan is in the top8. And as explained in other threads before, Kukui being an E4 is a possibility by how he is the strongest trainer in the region and how his counterpart in the games is an E4 level. Also that was the perception of the forum when someone made a poll with that question.
Oh it's definitely a possibility, I agree with that. He was certainly the strongest Alolan trainer that we know off.

I'm not sure if Iris being champion automatically means that she is a dragon master. She's still young and even as a champion, can still grow. She can still acquire more dragons to further her goal of becoming a dragon master as well imo.

Master Pikachu 11

Final prediction: battle starts off with a Dragonite vs Dragonite showdown
Iris’s Dragonite wins, then Ash sends out Dracovish against Dragonite and Dracovish wins as Ash came up with a strategy to stop Dragon rush using Dracovish’s mouth. Final battle Axew is revealed to evolve into Haxorus and is taking on Dracovish, but Fishious Rend is too powerful for Haxorus to handle and the victory goes to Ash who moves on the Hyper class. I really wanted both of Ash’s Pokémon to get a win, but I expect Mr. Fish to be the game changer in this battle.

Morax

King of heroes
I'm not sure if Iris being champion automatically means that she is a dragon master. She's still young and even as a champion, can still grow. She can still acquire more dragons to further her goal of becoming a dragon master as well imo.
She's a champion which means she must have defeated drayden who's the current dragon master.

Status
Not open for further replies.