• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: XY071 - The Worst Possible Luck? Bonnie VS Meowth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I do kind of like that Serena and Braixen are at least battling here. That makes the Pangoro attack subplot more bearable in my opinion.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Braxien battling? It's a Pokemon miracle. But since Bunnelby and the yellow rat are there too, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions of it soloing the Pangoros. I was going to watch this episode anyway. It's a Bonnie episode. Bonnie episodes must be watched. There are so many ways they could free themselves from the plot seaweed/vine. Just slowly unwrap it off yourselves. But they must be together for the sake of the plot. Hope to see some good Bonnie moments and more Braxien battling. I don't recall Braxien doing anything important since her evolution. Sheesh.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yup, just minus rhydon(who is undeniably cooler in every way), and an actual explanation for why Meowth doesnt cut the rope instantly.

Of course it could be that Meowwth is planning to kidnap Bonnie, with pikachu being the ransom, but still....

They swapped Rhydon out for Pangoro, but I concur, Rhydon is undeniably cooler in every way. #Genwunner!

How dare you try to solve the main issue of the plot with logic!

Which will illogically be countered back by that vine being made of green metal!

At least when this episode aired during OI, they made the vine out of rubber.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
What if everyone and the Pokémon are split up.

Bonnie | Dedenne | Meowth
Clemont | Pikachu | Braixen | Bunnelby

so maybe we have another 2 groups.

Serena | Luxray | Jessie

Ash | Pancham | Chespin | James

dp045

It would be an interesting mix but I think that Bonnie only be done with Meowth and others gradually find each other to find their respective partners.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
But since Bunnelby and the yellow rat are there too, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions of it soloing the Pangoros.

Well that, and I doubt that the Pangoro will need to be dealt with with much force; I'm sure they'll simply be "misunderstood" by the end, but at least Braixen's trying. :)

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
A nice distraction i think from events so far. Ash winning his fifth gym badge, having to say good bye to Goodra. Definitely one of those awkward situations calling for temporary truces that helps make the anime enjoyable

Navin

MALDREAD
Well, at least I acknowledge the writers for making sure each of the sidekicks gets a focus episode from time to time. Bonnie has had a couple so far. And also, the writers finish up with each of TR trio having a focus episode with Meowth here.

BUT as Loco mentioned, this seems like self-plagiarism and completely unoriginal.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Well, at least I acknowledge the writers for making sure each of the sidekicks gets a focus episode from time to time. Bonnie has had a couple so far. And also, the writers finish up with each of TR trio having a focus episode with Meowth here.

BUT as Loco mentioned, this seems like self-plagiarism and completely unoriginal.

This isnt even Mewoth's focus episode, it's comming later apparentley lol

Absketchum

Forget the vine logic check out the flamethrower which made the day.. :)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
So I just noticed that in the preview, there is a scene where Bonnie is asleep/unconscious and Meowth is struggling to lift her up. That is sort of nice of Meowth to do that.

IcySealeo

Those who don't like the episode even before it aired or those who don't like its plot - stop posting here please.

No one cares wherther you like it or not, and no one is making you watch the episode. So maybe this plot is very similiar to a past plot (even though it is an episode that aired something like 15 years ago), but I like that the writers are original enough to make an episode with Bonnie and Meowth together. Because this is something we haven't seen yet. This is the originality of the plot.

Don't like it? Move on. There are 800+ more episodes to watch.

phanpycross

God-king
Those who don't like the episode even before it aired or those who don't like its plot - stop posting here please.

No one cares wherther you like it or not, and no one is making you watch the episode. So maybe this plot is very similiar to a past plot (even though it is an episode that aired something like 15 years ago), but I like that the writers are original enough to make an episode with Bonnie and Meowth together. Because this is something we haven't seen yet. This is the originality of the plot.

Don't like it? Move on. There are 800+ more episodes to watch.
Ouch, cut myself on all the edge.

I think people have the right to point out how lazy and reductive the plot for this episode is.

I dont get the hype for Braixen in this episode either, if the thing cant even walk straight without flopping and f*cking up a showcase for it's trainer, it prolly shouldnt battle either.

Yzma

This episode looks fun, even tough its familiar.
It probaly wont happen, but ut would be cute if Meowth and Bonnie got a relationship like he has with the Pichu bros

esquilo09

Ikai! Pangoros attacking Ash and co' unprovoked, they're gonna act like the typical angry bear or shall I say angry panda? Maybe they mistook Serena's Pancham to be one of their offspring or one of the character's Pokémon's moves inadvertently hit them or the noise of the battle woke them up, thus making them angry. I bet Serena would try to use her Pancham to reason with them. What do you guys think of these theories that I said?

Remix2

Ouch, cut myself on all the edge.

I think people have the right to point out how lazy and reductive the plot for this episode is.

I dont get the hype for Braixen in this episode either, if the thing cant even walk straight without flopping and f*cking up a showcase for it's trainer, it prolly shouldnt battle either.

She did it once and for that she shouldn't battle? that make zero senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.