• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May and Brendan's headgear.

I've noticed something even after the occurring "Is Brendan's hair black or white?" trend that ensued over another board; nonetheless else came to me. Ever noticed how Team Aqua and Team Magma have a brand of their own headgear? Take a look at May's headgear and Team Aqua's bandanna's. Next Brendan's "black or white" hair and Team Magma's horns headgear. It's as if the headgear represents Aqua and Magma no matter which game or character you're playing. Look at the references I bring within the links (courtesy to bulbapedia for the images) as you compare their headgear.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Brendan_(game)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Magma

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/May_(game)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Aqua

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah, I noticed that May and the Team Aqua grunts wear bandanas while Brendan and the Team Magma grunts wear headgear that have a circle on them. I don't think it means anything, though. It's all probably just a coincidence. Wearing headgear was probably trendy when these games were made or something. On a related note: I think I may have liked the headgear in the Generation 3 games more than I liked the headgear in any other games :x

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Always loved the headgear here too. I'm basically convinced that between Orre and Hoenn, 3rd Gen was the prettiest in the series. They've all got great locales, but 3rd Gen is just silly.

Karpi

Forever a pirate
So does this mean we should associate Brendan with Ruby version and May with Sapphire version? That's consistent with the Manga too... I wonder if they noticed this ahead of time??

Crystalmew9

Ultimate Mew Fan
Well, I notice it more for May than for Brendan, but I think it's just a coincidence.

But then again, though I've never, like, read the manga before, wasn't, like, Ruby supposed to symbolize Brendan as Sapphire was supposed to symbolize May?

Aquarelle

Staff member
But then again, though I've never, like, read the manga before, wasn't, like, Ruby supposed to symbolize Brendan as Sapphire was supposed to symbolize May?

Ruby is based off of Brendan, Sapphire is based on May. They're counterparts.

Anyway, it is definitely interesting to see the similarities between May/Brendan's headgear and that of Team Aqua and Team Magma. It's probably just a coincidence, I don't see a reason for it to be anything significant.

Brendan's hat is my favourite hat worn by any of the male main characters. I think it's just so funny how it looks like a wig. :p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Brendan's hat is my favourite hat worn by any of the male main characters. I think it's just so funny how it looks like a wig. :p

Am I dumb for thinking that his hat was his actual hair? I honestly always assumed that his hair was just white. I found it a little odd, but I always told myself that he must have dyed it at some point, in order for it to look "cool". It wasn't until very recently that I learned that Brendan's "hair" was actually just a white hat. I think his actual hair color is black, right?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Am I dumb for thinking that his hat was his actual hair? I honestly always assumed that his hair was just white. I found it a little odd, but I always told myself that he must have dyed it at some point, in order for it to look "cool". It wasn't until very recently that I learned that Brendan's "hair" was actually just a white hat. I think his actual hair color is black, right?

His hair is either black or dark brown, I'm not at telling the difference between the two colours. >_> But it's definitely dark.

I wouldn't say you're dumb for thinking his hair was white. If you just look at his Ruby/Sapphire art, it's really hard to tell that he has hair underneath his hat. If you look at his Emerald art, though, you can see that he has dark hair much more clearly.