• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May and her seven Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
May and her seven Pokémon

Can anyone explain to me how she can have at the same time in her party during the Wallace arc :

Beautifly (which was first seen as she arrived)
Glaceon (which was seen as she arrived as well)
Blaziken (which was seen battling in the Restaurant)
Munchlax (which was seen hanging around with them and eating stuff)
Wartortle (which was seen during her appeal)
Skitty (which was seen battling an Exeguttor)

and

Venesaur (which was also seen battling)

Mistake on the writers' side ? or something else ?
I'm kind of curious, since I've seen the episodes, but without any subs, so I didn't understand much...but has it been mentionned ? or not at all ?

What do you think ?

On a side note, I think that May's team now absolutely rocks.

Porygandrew

Haven't watched the latest episode, but more likely unless it's seen specifically battling, she didn't use it in the contest its self. Therefore while she can bring along Beautifly, just because she has it, doesn't mean she's using it. At least in early kanto we've seen people with more than 6 pokemon/pokeballs.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
She likely swapped Skitty for Venusaur and vice versa. We see them battling in the same ep but as I recall the Venusaur scene comes after so she probably swapped off screen.

Eh, people are ______ these days.

It's not a mistake. It's something else. May called Oak/her parents to get Venusaur/Skitty back. >>

kevaug

It's not a mistake. It's something else. May called Oak/her parents to get Venusaur/Skitty back. >>

you're right why people are still wondering about this?? it is so simple to understand

Misty Fanboi13

Over Analyst
Haven't watched the latest episode, but more likely unless it's seen specifically battling, she didn't use it in the contest its self. Therefore while she can bring along Beautifly, just because she has it, doesn't mean she's using it. At least in early kanto we've seen people with more than 6 pokemon/pokeballs.

May is using her Beautifly to battle Zoey's Glameow in the semi-finals

MLock47

it doesnt take alot of creative thinking to assume she swapped two of her pokemon. she left skitty and beautifly at petalburg before. nothing says she cant swap when she needs to.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...

Duh...that I know, it's the fact that she has all seven of them at the same time that got me wondering...
And since we didn't see her actually swap her pokémon, meh, she had to do it before the battling began, at a pokémon centre or that hotel they're staying at...
Et le frenchie, si il a rien de constructif a dire, il se tait, d'accord ?

thunderblade12

it doesnt take alot of creative thinking to assume she swapped two of her pokemon. she left skitty and beautifly at petalburg before. nothing says she cant swap when she needs to.

uhh..creativity = thinking of original things that no one else has though of, thinking the same old thing is happening as usual is anything but creative. right or not this persons thinking is being far more creative than everyone whose saying the same old thing is happening. logical: no creative: yes

anyway..the preview shows may using her beautigly to battle zoeys glameow, and using glaceon to battle dawns piplup in the next episode

MLock47

uhh..creativity = thinking of original things that no one else has though of, thinking the same old thing is happening as usual is anything but creative. right or not this persons thinking is being far more creative than everyone whose saying the same old thing is happening. logical: no creative: yes

thats why it doesnt take alot. maybe i was wrong to use the word creative. i didnt know you had a dictionary next to your computer. :D

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
O: Are you talking to me? If so:

Toi tait-toi. :'3 Respect-moi, sinon...

No no, I wasn't talking about you !
Pas toi, j'ai vu que tu viens du Canada, et je pensais pas a toi...
Je pensais a l'autre qui a cité ton mess sans rien dire de plus qui serait constructif...

What I'm still wondering is why would they make her use Glaceon in a fight, rather than Blaziken or Venesaur, other than to make Dawn's future victory more plausible.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Because as you said, if May used Blaziken, Venusaur or Beautifly, there would be no way for Dawn to win.

Dawn is defeating May's youngest Pokemon who just evolved, so it isn't as unrealistic as if Piplup took out Blaziken which people were fearing.

Porygandrew

Because as you said, if May used Blaziken, Venusaur or Beautifly, there would be no way for Dawn to win.

Dawn is defeating May's youngest Pokemon who just evolved, so it isn't as unrealistic as if Piplup took out Blaziken which people were fearing.

On top of that, If all seven were showcased battling in the contest at one point or another, I can see the concern. but as it's sounding, not all seven of them are participating? What's the run-down? Is/has Blaziken battled in this contest?

pokemaster95

King of pirates
She is Rotating them obviously.

Cobalt_Latios

I have no idea why, but when I read the title of this thread, the first thing that came to mind was the song from Sonic and the Secret Rings: "Seven Rings in hand".

No, it was only seen in the restaurant episode. Obviously after that episode she switched it out for some other Pokemon for the contest.

I don't get why this is so confusing...
Restaurant... Seven Stars. What are the writers trying to tell us? That's she's incredibly lucky or something?

shadow_shipper said:
Et le frenchie, si il a rien de constructif a dire, il se tait, d'accord ?
...Je ne crois pas que c'est même une expression.

Eh, il y a beaucoup plus de francais que j'y pensais être.

D'accord, on reviens au topic.

~C_L~

Status
Not open for further replies.