• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Hey, everyone.

This team was designed a few weeks ago along with a few others, and has just been sitting in the 'Pokemon Teams' section of my filing cabinet. I thought I'd just get it rated, if my fellow forum members would help. So, without further ado, here's the team!

380.png

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/228 Def/28 Spd
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind

Latias is the first part of my Dragon/Steel core. Her purpose on this team is to set up Reflect and CM, and just wall things all day and night, while whittling their health down to nothing. Compared to my previous Latios lead, she works far better. This set is near enough a carbon copy of the Smogon set, so there's not much more to say.

212.png

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is also part of my Dragon/Steel/Steel core. Again, this set is pretty much a carbon copy of the Smogon set, however one thing I have to say is that Scizor is much more successful than the Metagross I had in this slot before.

073.png

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Tentacruel, what a beast. His purpose on the team is as a Special wall and a spinner. You've all seen sets like this, I'm sure. The 240 SDef EVs give this guy a huge amount of defenses. However, his physical defense is horrible, so I have some Pokemon with decent defense to take physical hits for him. Rain Dish is here as the ability because rain is so prominent this Gen, it'd be stupid not to have it.

286.png

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Spore
- Leech Seed/Seed Bomb
- Focus Punch

Yep, you've all seen it, probably hundreds of times: The Sub-Punch set. The Sub-Punch set is generally pretty good, and when I came up against this guy with previous teams, he wrecked me. However, I've been considering swapping him out for something else, I can't play this set very well.

485.png

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Heatran is here as the third part of my core. He's to deal as much damage as possible while being able to take a hit. Stealth Rock and Toxic show the stall elements of him, however if Tentacruel gets Toxic Spikes up, chances are that Toxic won't be needed.

065.png

Alakazam (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Charge Beam

And last but definitely not least, we have Alakazam. Alakazam's job is to destroy everything, while taking very little damage. He is as frail as they come, so that is why he holds the Focus Sash. Also, he's wrecked by Priority. However, despite his flaws, he fulfills his role in the team very well.

Last edited:

complete legitimacy

pack that fudge
This team loses to like, everything physical. The top of that list is Dragonite. If it carries Earthquake instead of Fire Punch, like all Dnite should, then it's unstoppable for you.

Also, Cloyster is also a huge problem. Depending on which Water move it carries, there's only one thing on your team that's not OHKOed by it.

I would either replace Metagross for Scizor, give Heatran a Balloon, or both.

Also, give Tentacruel a more physically bulky spread, and change Latios to a CM Latias.

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Okay, thanks Complete. Edited OP to correspond with advice given.

Last edited: