• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May or Max

May or Max?

• Total voters

POKEMASTERNATHAN

I've seen threads asking Misty or May,and May and Dawn,and Misty or May or Dawn,so I got this idea.I should make a thread asking May or Max!So which is better?

Josiah

is your favorite
They aren't really comparable. One is a travelling buddy and the other is a starring character.

Chimchartrainer07

May definately May she was a better character than Max, mainly because she had pokemon. Max is a know it all twit that could very well turn out to be Dawn and Zoey's lesbian love child that they droped off on May's parent's doorstep lol.

Kataphrut

Meh. They're both great, but character-wise, you can't really compare them since May is so much more popular than Max. Of course if it wern't for Blaziken & Munchlax, I would've voted Max. He's so much funnier.

Aranna

May is much better then Max at least May was kinda funny Max was just a tool.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I thought that Max was better. There's a difference between being a little kid and a whiny wench.

Redeevee

i hate them both with a burning passion. but Max's pointlessness to the show takes the cake. though i voted against them both.

by the battle fronteir almost everything max said was completely redundant and a point out of the obvious.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I like May better of course, but Max actually had some fairly good scenes back in Hoenn. Its really only in Battle Frontier that he was totally useless. Its a shame that's how people remember him, plus PUSA gave him a terrible dub voice that dragged him down. I liked how 4kids made him sound like a cute kid, whereas PUSA gave him the typical anime nerd voice. Darn.

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
OOh Max was so annoying, I know he was a little kid and all but he was just annoying and the dub voices were gross and disgusting. And I like May because she introduced pokemon contests to the anime which, was a great change although I still like Misty better. I also didn't see why Max had to be on the show, he should have been a recurring character. I particularly disliked the episode where he cries because his father was beaten by Ash. May also had some lovely pokemon I thought such as Beautifly which was just gorgeous.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I particularly disliked the episode where he cries because his father was beaten by Ash.

I thought episodes like that made Max seem like a more real character. He idolized his father and didn't want him to lose.

BTW, Max's 4kids voice was great. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it, it sounded unique from all the other filler boys on the show and made him sound amusing.

His PUSA voice is the one that made him sound like a nerd and unlikeable.

Chelc

Max!! He was freaking adorable and I loved his close bond with Ash. He had some great episodes, too, like the Ralts and Norman episodes. I hope we get to see him again someday.

No comment on May - I'm gonna agree with An00bis, though. :p

Jimbobson

Piplup Master
May 100%, she has cool Pokemon, shes actually a trainer and she compeats in contests, she also has a Blaziken!

I like them both. :3 They're both cool and interesting. Even though Max hasn't done major things yet, I think he has a great personality. I don't like when he's rude to May, though.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I honestly don't like either of them.