• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Info about the next chapter will be out soonish.

So while we wait, here's an image Kusaka and Yamamoto did for the new Pokemon Center Cafe, featuring the original trio. Source here.

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYQCRZQUQAIOaJC.jpg[/img139]

I feel like this is a redrawing of art from FRLG, but I'm not exactly sure.

EDIT: So Karubi posted the chapter pics, literally minutes after I posted this.

Well then, Alola! It's Pokespe SM time for March 2018!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYsHl0IUMAA-vTZ.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYsHodBVAAAaH73.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYsHrDxVMAIbpkd.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYsKr3ZVwAAwYVx.jpg[/img139]

WELP.

Apparently Sun gets Mimikyu (the Totem?), which he names Franc, after the currency.

Last edited:

Moni_22

That...... oh my god. I don't even know what to say xD

Ok, that was unexpected. Now who knows what can happen?!

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Everything happens so fast.
So Sun so far has 4 in his party (with Mimikyu as his additional)

Last edited:

Moni_22

Yeah that seems plausible. I didn't see that coming though lol

Me neither lol. Between that and Nebby already having evolved I wonder which route is the story gonna take.

With these 3 UBs all original UBs have appeared except Nihilego, so I'm guessing Moon could still encountered it in Aether?

e9310103838

So Mimikyu was named Franc because its head was broken and dangling (ふらふら furafura)...

For some reason, Dexio and Sina decided to choose Sun to help them.

And they seem to be about to explain why Sun wanted to save money. :623:

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Just realized I ended up omitting last month's entry so I'll just put both chapter summaries here:

April issue:
At Aether Paradise, Faba and Wicke introduce themselves to Moon, Kukui and Burnet, and show them around the facility. While Faba explains their work, Moon interrupts him and turns to ask Wicke whether a young boy and girl like herself were also rescued (her interrupting and her turning to Wicke cause Faba to mentally deduct her impression marks). Faba and Wicke do not recall having that piece of news, but Wicke reveals that the Bruxish that attacked them was likely provoked by Team Skull, an organization which has been behind 45 Pokemon abuse incidents that year. Burnet worries that Sun has been captured by Team Skull, but Kukui tells her not to fret, as if it is the case, he shall be rescued by the Captains who are infiltrating the base of Team Skull. Hearing that, Faba gets anxious, and excuses himself from the group. He is apparently upset that the Captains are clashing with Team Skull, which if they succeed, shall jeopardize Aether's plan. With that, he rushes off to see Lusamine.

Back at the Aether House, Sun confronts Acerola about her being a Captain, which is hinted by her hair-wear. Likewise, Acerola knows that Sun is on the island quest due to his emblem. She reveals to have heard about Sun from the others, and Sun realizes that Acerola shall test his fitness to meet Tapu Bulu. Acerola says Tapu Bulu shall see his worth itself, and takes Sun to the abandoned Mega Mart, which was destroyed by Tapu Bulu years ago. Acerola explains that the guardians can be fickle and cruel as well, and hands Sun a camera, asking him to take a photo of the Totem Pokemon residing there as the challenge. She then excuses herself as she shall join the other Captains at Team Skull's headquarters.

Upon entering the abandoned building, Sun and Lillie encounter a roomful of ghost Pokemon, causing Lillie to hold onto Sun's arm and Sun to blush. Things start to move around, and Sun points his camera around to see that they are pranks by the ghosts. He then notices something in his photos, and ends up at the plush section where the two get startled by a fallen Pikachu plush. A Pikachu-like doll then appears, but Sun points out its eerieness, stating that no one would buy and place it at home. Lillie thinks he sounds cruel, but Sun doesn't feel bothered since he is simply commenting on a plush. Suddenly, the plush lashes out to break Sun's camera, and hits him on the stomach. Sun sends out En to fight, and realizes it is the Totem, which Rotom-Dex recognizes as Mimikyu. Sun only then realizes Rotom-Dex has been in his bag all this time, but the two are obviously still at odds. Rotom-Dex offers to let Sun use its PokeFinder function, but Mimikyu keeps fleeing. Sun decides to attack, and unleashes the the fire type Z Move on it.

Meanwhile, at Melemele's Trainer School, Ilima receives a call from Mallow, who has managed to find out Team Skull's headquarters' location by pressing the information out from some Grunts terrorizing Aether employees near the Vela Volcano Park. Mallow informs Ilima that the location is Ula'ula's Po Town, and agrees to meet him there while they will meet up with Acerola at the harbour first. Ilima then goes to see the guest who has been waiting for him, and finds Hau with his Popplio. At Ula'ula's harbour, Acerola waits for the three Captains' arrival, and we see Sina and Dexio getting off board a ship. The two have apparently collected 60% of Zygarde Cells during the 5 months they have been in Alola.

Back at the abandoned Mega Mart, Mimikyu's doll head topples over and Sun plans to take a snap shot, but Rotom-Dex warns him that it is still not the time...

================================

May issue:
At Melemele's Trainer School, Hau astonishes Ilima by asking him to bring him along to Ula'ula, which he overheard from the Captain's conversation with Mallow. The truth is, Hau initially came to challenge Ilima after receiving Popplio from Kukui, but after overhearing the conversation about Team Skull, decides to lend a hand. He explains that his grandfather has been very distraught about Team Skull, since someone the organization apparently learnt Pokemon battling from him in the past, making Hala think that he bears certain responsibility for Team Skull's actions, since he should have taught that person that 'winning' and 'becoming the top' are not everything in life. Hau himself believes that winning a battle isn't everything there is to Pokemon training, as one can also enjoy other things like surfing on Mantine, planning moves and battles, which is why although he can be saddened by a loss, but it would not be the end of his world. Ilima eventually agrees to take Hau along, and Hau suggests buying some Malasadas to take along since people are less edgy with good food.

Back at the abandoned Mega Mart, Sun dodges Mimikyu's attack by using Rotom-Dex as a shield, angering the device. It explains about Mimikyu's 'Disguise' ability, which essentially made the Z move go waste. Mimikyu continues to strike as Sun continues to shield himself with Rotom-Dex, and finds it odd that he is the one getting attacked rather than En. Rotom-Dex believes that Sun has intruded its territory, and Lillie thinks it is just like how Tapu Bulu acted in response to its territory being invaded in the past. Rotom-Dex then explains that the truth about Tapu Bulu's rage was that the Tapu Village was a sacred forest which served as the guardian's source of energy. When humans built the Mega Mart, they degraded the sacred place and thus resulted in Tapu Bulu's rage. Sun can understand the similarity, but wonders how it sabotaged Mimikyu's territory when he was simply trying to take a picture as part of the challenge. Suddenly, Sun recalls what he said about Mimikyu's appearance, and realizes that his words must be what 'intruded' the Pokemon. The realization seems to calm Mimikyu instantly, and it begins speaking through Rotom-Dex that it is only trying to make friends with humans. Since his true form will certainly scare people away, it pretends to be like Pikachu so people wouldn't run away. Unfortunately, things always ended up like how Sun acted, and Mimikyu shut itself off inside the abandoned Mart, carrying its rage towards humans, which is intensified by the anger Tapu Bulu left in the area. It feels sad that people do not accept its true appearance, and not even the fake appearance it put up to try to get attention. Hearing that, Lillie suddenly gets emotional, and says she completely understands its feelings.

Sun believes that he has a simple solution, and offers to let Mimikyu join his team. He frankly states that he will not take back what he said about Mimikyu looking eerie, since it is his honest opinion. But he thinks Mimikyu will never be understood by humans either if it stays in confinement. By following him outside, he may still encounter people who disdain it, but he will tell them that it is possible to make friends with Mimikyu. That said, some people may still fear or hate it, and Mimikyu doesn't need to make friends with these people, since it is not possible to make everyone like it afterall. Yet, it may just come across great people who appreciate it. Mimikyu accepts Sun's offer, and gets into a picture with him before Sun does a capture. He decides to name it Franc, since its 'head' shakes (Furan-furan) as it walks after its disguise is down. Rotom-Dex helps Sun deliver the photo to Acerola since the original camera was broken, and receives her approval that he may deliver the Mirage Berry to Tapu Bulu.

Suddenly, Sun remembers that his packages were on Kukui's ship, and Lillie wonders if the couple and Moon were alright. Sun is the least worried since Moon is smart and skilled, and Lillie agrees that Moon was really remarkable. Sun decides to search for the Berry himself, and gets on Stoutland, whom he believes can find the Berry since it has learnt the odour of the Mirage Berry Moon found previously. Nearby, Sina and Dexio spot Sun and Lillie, and decide that they shall seek Sun's help in their quest. Sun thanks Rotom-Dex for its help and thinks it should stay as his Pokedex meanwhile. Lillie thinks it's great that it can help them communicate with Pokemon like Franc, and Sun wonders if its stories regarding Tapu Bulu were told by Mimikyu. However, Rotom-Dex reveals that it actually learnt those tales from the Pokemon in Lillie's bag, who seems to have a deep understanding of the other Tapus. Lillie decides to let Nebby out, but to her shock, sees it morphed into something else, which Rotom-Dex wonders if its is some form of cocoon. They then receive a message from Acerola, instructing them to go back and wait at the Aether House.

Meanwhile, the Captains have converged at the gates of Po Town, the last to arrive being Ilima and Hau. The group encounters the Grunts upon entry, asking to speak with Guzma, and the man shows up at his terrace with Plumeria. Guzma mocks that he is amused that they want a word with him, and is even more amused when Hau offers everyone a Malasada. He agrees to talk, provided that they can reach him, and the Captains suddenly find themselves surrounded by Pheromosa, Celesteela and Guzzlord.

Later, Sun wakes up at the Aether House, and finds the kids playing with his Spoink. He snatches it back, pushes the kids out of his room, and learns from the Spoink (which is his alarm) that Hala has paid him the fee for Tapu Lele's delivery. Making sure that Lillie is asleep, Sun reveals the other bank slips he hid under his shirt, 5 in total, and counts that he is just 10 million short of his 100 million goal...

Coronis~

Moni_22

Oh it's nice so see references to SM's postgame (Guzma being Hala's disciple). So, this is Guzma's "trial" in the manga. I guess we'll see the battle next chapter maybe.

It's nice that Sun capture Mimikyu and he's close to his goal. On the other hand I wonder what caused Nebby to evolve? In the game it was because it used a lot of energy. I thought it was weird that we didn't see it last chapter but I wasn't expecting it to evolve.

Anyway, thanks for the summaries Coronis!

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I got a theory as to how Cosmog evolved, remember when Sun and Lillie fell into the ocean water?

I think Nebby used his/her power for that leap to Ula'ula and evolved in such a manner due to the strain.

Moni_22

I got a theory as to how Cosmog evolved, remember when Sun and Lillie fell into the ocean water?

I think Nebby used his/her power for that leap to Ula'ula and evolved in such a manner due to the strain.

I thought about that too but it seems pretty convenient since Nebby already did some warps and it didn't evolve from that. In the game it had to used a looot of power to open multiple portals (in SM at least). I mean, it could be used as a reason but I'd prefer if it had evolved in another circunstance, and that we had seen it.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I thought about that too but it seems pretty convenient since Nebby already did some warps and it didn't evolve from that. In the game it had to used a looot of power to open multiple portals (in SM at least). I mean, it could be used as a reason but I'd prefer if it had evolved in another circunstance, and that we had seen it.

In the Anime, Faba put Nebby in the box for a short amount of time, which triggered the evolution. (Though I would ask about how much that Cosmog abused his teleporting power.)

In USUM Lusamine used the Nebby in a box to make a single wormhole which caused the Cosmog to evolve.

(Later actually hurt the Cosmog the the point of near death like in vanilla S/M even though less voltage was used.) Though Nebby does get used later in USUM to make multiple wormholes, fully evolved and eaten by Necrozma.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'll guess there's no release date info for b2w2

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'll guess there's no release date info for b2w2

I believe it's the 30th.

Also, people usually tend to say when the next chapter comes out when B2W2 drops so it's not like you can't just look in the previous thread instead of asking each time.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I liked they brought up the abandoned Mega Mart story here through Nebby. Also, Mimikyu was angry the whole time due to Sun dissing its appearance. But really who gives the name 'Franc' to a Pokemon? :p Sun is really close reaching the 100 million yen and I hope we will learn the reason of his saving soon enough. I really hope the next chapter will focus on the Trial Captains and Guzma though.

Red and Blue

It's going to be interesting seeing Sun's Mimikyu interact with Red and Yellow's Pikachus (assuming they both appear.) I think that's part of the reason why Sun even jas it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
oh well, expecting a half chapter tbh (hopefully black is out of the stone by the end of the chapter)

e9310103838

Yamamoto offers the Pokedex holders dialogue of calendar:

Green: Phew, I am the No.1.
Red: Ah.
Silver: Does senior Green's hair count into his height...?
Gold: How about it? Now I am the tallest Pokedex holder.
Blue: Haha.
Black: Hey!
Ruby: A Pokemon agency? Wow! Please give me a business card, too!
White: Please take care of BW Agency.
Crystal: This text means Pokemon agency.
Sapphire: Pokemon... uh...
Pearl: Don't make the difficult for others.
Platinum: How do I look? Do I have the aptitude to become a Sky Trainer?
Y: Uh, well...
Lack-two: Are they also the members of Team Plasma?
Diamond: Ah, eat the cream pie I made and calm down.
Whi-two: Oh, I feel I seem to be under surveillance...
X: I can understand...
Yellow: Please standstill.
Moon: The wound...!
Sun: It disappeared!
Emerald: Jirachi makes the wish to achieve too much.

:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.