• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh hey, Grimer evolved. And Lusamine has Lopunny now. I don't see Mismagius, so I'm gonna assume they're retconning it for Lopunny like USUM did (I guess it'll be replaced fully in the full volume).

Lusamine's very expressive.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
So far only Litten's evolution has been on-screen and all of Moon's have been off-screen. I wonder if the volumes will change that...

Gotta say this version of Lusamine is creepier. I like it.

Lucky3

So far only Litten's evolution has been on-screen and all of Moon's have been off-screen. I wonder if the volumes will change that...

Gotta say this version of Lusamine is creepier. I like it.
I love her expressions in the manga. You can see there's complete insanity behind that sweet smile, and it's really unsettling. Way scarier that the cackling maniac she was in the games(although I guess she might turn into that after fusing with Nihilego).

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I love her expressions in the manga. You can see there's complete insanity behind that sweet smile, and it's really unsettling. Way scarier that the cackling maniac she was in the games(although I guess she might turn into that after fusing with Nihilego).

Try the last few pages before Nihilego nommed her! Forget the smile, I'm seeing something else.

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
Are anyone bothered by the amount of exposition? Although now, there shouldn’t be any more, since they said everything they could about Sun and Moon lore.

e9310103838

Nope. Not everything
Battle Tree, Rainbow Rocket, and Battle Buffet, to name various degrees of things not covered.

Mina still not yet appears (and Ryuki and Mohn or maybe Grimsley also).

And Captains, Kahunas, Kahili, Lillie, Gladion, Hau, Molayne, Samson Oak, Guzma, Plumeria, Looker, Anabel, Colress, Dexio, Sina, Zygarde, and Tapus still need more screens. ( And I think they can give the famale Aether Foundation employee more plot.) And I don't know how they plan to introduce Dusk Form Lycanroc XD ;)

Last edited:

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
Mina still not yet appears (and Ryuki and Mohn or maybe Grimsley also).

And Captains, Kahunas, Kahili, Lillie, Gladion, Hau, Molayne, Samson Oak, Guzma, Plumeria, Looker, Anabel, Colress, Dexio, Sina, Zygarde, and Tapus still need more screens. ( And I think they can give the famale Aether Foundation employee more plot.) And I don't know how they plan to introduce Dusk Form Lycanroc XD ;)
I kind of feel Hau needs the most screentime, where him barely appearing is kind of my biggest gripe in this arc. The last time he was seen was when they were at the Po Town, with Ultra Beasts coming out. I mean, he is the “main rival” in the game and has a starter too. If not, I guess he just wasn’t relevant enough to the plot.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I kind of feel Hau needs the most screentime, where him barely appearing is kind of my biggest gripe in this arc. The last time he was seen was when they were at the Po Town, with Ultra Beasts coming out. I mean, he is the “main rival” in the game and has a starter too. If not, I guess he just wasn’t relevant enough to the plot.
Oh yeah. It's funny because Hau is portrayed as a major character with his Primarina from that Pokemon Adventures calendar. He definitely needs more screentime than any character.

shoz999

Finally saw the latest chapter. I freaking love the explanation of how Necrozma, Lunala & Solgaleo are related to the Alola region's past. On the other hand, it's kind of disturbing but honestly kind of sad that Lusamine is acting like that way. I think my assumptions, and I assume others who thought this was the most likely case as well, that Lusamine felt abandoned by her family would be the origins of Lusamine's insanity. However, I don't know about you guys but the Mother Beast making her appearance, hinting that a battle with her is going to happen immediately in the next chapters, feel strangely rushed. I feel like the Mother Beast has final battle potential and I really don't think Sun & Moon with their level of Pokemon is going to be enough to beat her, although of course there's Solgaleo and Lunala. I think it feels strangely rushed not because of the Mother Beast maybe but because of how Lusamine just bursts into tears so quickly after acting "professionally" while maintaining signs of that insane Lusamine we all know.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Finally saw the latest chapter. I freaking love the explanation of how Necrozma, Lunala & Solgaleo are related to the Alola region's past. On the other hand, it's kind of disturbing but honestly kind of sad that Lusamine is acting like that way. I think my assumptions, and I assume others who thought this was the most likely case as well, that Lusamine felt abandoned by her family would be the origins of Lusamine's insanity. However, I don't know about you guys but the Mother Beast making her appearance, hinting that a battle with her is going to happen immediately in the next chapters, feel strangely rushed. I feel like the Mother Beast has final battle potential and I really don't think Sun & Moon with their level of Pokemon is going to be enough to beat her, although of course there's Solgaleo and Lunala. I think it feels strangely rushed not because of the Mother Beast maybe but because of how Lusamine just bursts into tears so quickly after acting "professionally" while maintaining signs of that insane Lusamine we all know.

And you know, Lillie not being there to call her out... or Gladion to fight her, despite all their build up. This is more than rushed and I'm pretty disappointed.

This is coming from someone who liked USUM and the animes story changes. USUM traded the family focus for better closure. "Lillie's issue was settled off screen that time, while that is something I am not 100% happy with, everything after that... from her growth into a trainer at the post, to Guzma having on screen redemption and even Lusamine finding Mohn... was more than a fair trade off to me."

The anime... took away the Lusamine being an abusive parent and altered the story of the SM games, but kept the spirit in tact and gave what is to me a better mother beast fight that has both Lillie and Gladion being there for the fight, along with us caring that our heroes are trying to save this woman.

Just having the Dex holders do this... you get why I was ranting before? Moments like this, I really hate being right in my predictions.

Last edited:

shoz999

And you know, Lillie not being there to call her out... or Gladion to fight her, despite all his build up. This is more than rushed and I'm pretty disappointed.

This is coming from someone who liked USUM and the animes story changes. USUM traded the family focus for better closure. "Lillie's issue was settled off screen that time, while that is something I am not happy with, everything after that... from her growth into a trainer, to Guzma having on screen redemption and even Lusamine finding Mohn... was more than a fair trade off to me."

The anime... took away the Lusamine being an abusive parent and altered the story of the SM games, but kept the spirit in tact and gave what is to me a better mother beast fight that has both Lillie and Gladion being there for the fight, along with us caring that our heroes are trying to save this woman.

Just having the Dex holders do this... you get why I was ranting before? Moments like this, I really hate being right in my predictions.
I think I've already understood why you were ranted long before the USUM title was finalized. It can be summed up as you loving the Lillie character so much and that the manga isn't covering the story and region in the same way as the games do while having it's own creative liberties to manifest.

Honestly I don't think Lillie and Gladion being missing are the problem with this chapter. I do think that what your saying will be a problem in the next chapter because the problem with this chapter isn't that there's no Lillie or Gladion but that the problem is it feels like the chapter's build-up to the Mother Beast battle is nearing it's end, that the Mother Beast battle will happen immediately in the next chapter rather than continuing to build up to something that Lillie and Gladion can partake in. In fact the whole "Lillie and Gladion" thing is only a fraction of the possible problems later on that this chapter is hinting at. This build-up to the Mother Beast is not only hinting that the Mother Beast battle will happen in the next chapter, but the SM manga is more than likely nearing it's finale much faster than I previously thought.

Honestly looking at how the chapter is progressing, it's just a hunch but do you guys think the deadlines aren't what's necessarily keeping this chapter from nearing a complete satisfying experience but that Kusaka is just exhausted with the huge HUGE cast of important characters the Alola region has that he has to work with cause it oddly reminds me of the Ruby & Sapphire chapter but shorter, like Kusaka has already done this story and he's not that motivated to do a similar one.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I think I've already understood why you were ranted long before the USUM title was finalized. It can be summed up as you loving the Lillie character so much and that the manga isn't covering the story and region in the same way as the games do while having it's own creative liberties to manifest.

That is part of it, the biggest and only really good thing of SM's story was the Aether Family. USUM lessen the focus on them and gave more time to literally everyone else, from Hau, the captains and Guzma. With Looker, Anabel and Nanu getting the shaft.

The anime... oddly enough, did the exact same thing the Manga did in that regard, it took the story of the games and altered it in its own way. Contrary to how much of it was changed... it kept the same flow and executed things in ways that I found were better than the SM games. (Although Team Skull wasn't relevant in that plot, Hau wasn't there "though you can call Ash that kind of character." making Faba and Nihilego the only two antagonist of the arc shoots it down as a villain arc if that is what people wanted.)

As a lot of people who complained about USUM stated, when you take or alter certain family members for a certain role... it changes a lot of things about their story as a whole. In that case, changing Lusamine into an anti villain/ secondary antagonist but keeping Gladion and Lillie's role in tact. (Anti hero trying to keep his broken family from completely falling apart and stopping Lusamine from causing more harm. Or with Lillie, holding Nebby, growing with the main hero and becoming her own when she does something pretty cool... like blow Nebby's flute or do things of independence.)

In the manga... it is the opposite, where Lusamine is most certainly a big bad like in SM or strongly hinted to be one... but Lillie's role as an important character was completely tossed out besides holding Nebby and Gladion's role as the anti hero was built up and removed as of the... unneeded time skip into something less interesting. (If it was a month or so, I wouldn't mind the fact little changed/ things came out of nowhere.)

USUM's main story became weaker when the family lost focus and turned from that into... bad guy pisses of Legendary pokemon plot as a main story. I don't mind this one due to the things after Necrozma's plot being a good trade off for me. Not a whole lot of people who spoke of this agreed to it and I don't exactly care.

The Manga... flat out suffered when the two important characters got sidelined and when everyone else not the Dex Holders were put in the background completely. This... I do mind, since it makes things pretty shallow in the end compared to what is very good stories by pokemon standards and those same people who complained about USUM's story and the anime's story are praising this. (That is the biggest reason why I am angry at the Manga, especially since I heard and seen great things be made in the Manga series!)

e9310103838

Considering that Kusaka has shaped much family characterizations in the past. And this is what he emphasized according to he said. I think we will get more about Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine's interaction. :cool:

iml908

Interesting that Morty is there. I mean, Ho-oh I get because of the Ultra Warp Ride, and Pikachu is the mascot, but why Morty? Will he show up in this arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.