• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
'Ello, 'ello! It's time for Pokespe SwSh for March! It's time for backstory!

ETdmq9vUYAExbm4.jpg

ETdmuiMUwAIWb6e.jpg

ETdmzLzUUAIdE5s.jpg

ETdm4j6U4AIG6F-.jpg

Zacian and Zamazenta debut! And so do a lot of Shirudomiria's Pokemon!

From right to left we have: Kilo the Arrokuda, Tera the Low-Key Toxtricity, Peta the Eiscue, Mega the Galarian Stunfisk, and Giga the Falinks. These are all units of measurement with kilo being the lowest and peta being the highest.

From what I can read, Shirudomiria's Pokemon went missing, so she probably doesn't have them right now.

Next time, Budew Drop Inn.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
'Ello, 'ello! It's time for Pokespe SwSh for March! It's time backstory!

ETdmq9vUYAExbm4.jpg

ETdmzLzUUAIdE5s.jpg

ETdmzLzUUAIdE5s.jpg

ETdm4j6U4AIG6F-.jpg

Zacian and Zamazenta debut! And so do a lot of Shirudomiria's Pokemon!

From right to left we have: Kilo the Arrokuda, Tera the Low-Key Toxtricity, Peta the Eiscue, Mega the Galarian Stunfisk, and Giga the Falinks. All of these are units of measurement, though I'm not sure which is the highest.

Next time, Budew Drop Inn.
My guess about Toxtricity turned true. Oh man though. This is an awesome, and diverse team. I freaking love it! Especially Galarian Stunfisk. I know he sucks in the games but he just has such a wonderful design! The theme wasn't quite what I expected though, but still really cool. Really cool! This looks very promising because it looks like Kusaka is going all-out for a Gym Challenger story, considering how diverse and action-packed this team looks. You got Falinks which is an squadron of Pokemon by itself! You have Stunfisk as a bear trap! You have Eiscue who can show off his Ice Face ability in battle! You have the rock n'roll Toxtricity! You have the freaking torpedo-like Arrokuda! This is a team made for battling! Oh my god, this is a team made for battling! Oh man! We haven't had a fully-fledge Gym Challenging story since Gen 5! I can't wait to see what they can do in battle!

Moni_22

Huh so it's a flashback. And Shield lost her Pokemon, I wonder why. The sword and the shield went also missing. So I'm guessing next chapter we'll see the 3 rivals Hop, Marnie and Bede with the start of the League.

G-SANtos

So Scorbunny is not Shieldmillia's first Pokémon. I was guessing Kusaka didn't have enough time to think up her team pattern, but now maybe he was planning this missing Pokémon thing from the start. Or maybe he just thought up as an explanation for why we haven't seen her use any other Pokémon.

Anyway, according to these pages, the Rusted Sword and Rusted Shield are missing, Soudo and Shieldmillia believe her Pokémon may have fallen in the river and got split, and they're using the Gym Challenge as a means to look for her Pokémon and gather intel.

I'm still trying to understand if there's a more specific pattern for Shieldmillia's team. Arrokuda is basically an arrow, Galarian Stunfisk is a bear trap, and Toxtricity is basically a living musical instrument. While Soudo's team is basically Pokémon that use items/weapons, Shieldmillia's seem like they are items. In this case, I'm having trouble figuring out the other two. Eiscue is probably an ice cube, but ice cubes don't seem like they can be used as weapons. A guitar, while not a weapon, can technically be used as one if you just slam it right, but an ice cube? I don't think there's a way to weaponize those. And Falinks, what the heck is it supposed to be? It's not based on an object. The closest I can think of is a helmet, which is part of its design, but like ice cubes, they can't exactly be weaponized.

Scorbunny, however doesn't fit this pattern, but I guess that's a limitation of the Starter pattern. As for nicknames, judging by Shieldmillia's team, Scorbunny is going to be either Hecto or Exa. But I find strange that last month they had to come up with an explanation (and a weak one at that) for why Soudo nicknamed his Pokémon now and not before, and now suddenly we learn all of Shieldmillia's Pokémon already had nicknames. I guess Kusaka was really on a short deadline with this arc.

As for the quest for Shieldmillia's Pokémon, I think they'll find Kilo inside a random Cramorant's mouth, and maybe Manabu will catch said Cramorant. If Manabu's team is themed after facial expressions, I guess Cramorant's derpyness fits. Or maybe he'll just nickname it Taberu-kun (Eat-kun).
I also think maybe some of Shieldmillia's Pokémon will be under Gym Leaders' cares. Falinks, if I'm not mistaken, is part of Saitou's team in the game, isn't it? Eiscue is also an Ice-type.

I also feel the need to point out, since Shieldmillia already has six Pokémon guaranteed, I think Zacian and Zamazenta will not be part of their teams. They're not going to follow in the footsteps of Reshiram and Xerneas. Which perhaps clears the path for them to be Beet and Mary's Starter replacements, if they really become Dex Holders.

The disappearance of the Rusted Sword and Shield might be the first sign of Swod and Shieldy's presence in the story. Maybe they already stole the weapons. Maybe they are working with Rose to prevent Eternatus from being stopped when it awakens. Or maybe they really believe the sword and shield are meant to wielded by humans.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Soudo and Shieldmillia believe her Pokémon may have fallen in the river and got split, and they're using the Gym Challenge as a means to look for her Pokémon and gather intel
So they're using the Gym Challenge as a reason to travel the Galar region & find Schilly's pokémon? I don't think I completely get the reasoning behind that.

Why don't they just look for her Pokémon anyway? Why do they NEED to do the Gym Challenge to pull off this quest (aside from being the protagonists)?

shoz999

So Scorbunny is not Shieldmillia's first Pokémon. I was guessing Kusaka didn't have enough time to think up her team pattern, but now maybe he was planning this missing Pokémon thing from the start. Or maybe he just thought up as an explanation for why we haven't seen her use any other Pokémon.

Anyway, according to these pages, the Rusted Sword and Rusted Shield are missing, Soudo and Shieldmillia believe her Pokémon may have fallen in the river and got split, and they're using the Gym Challenge as a means to look for her Pokémon and gather intel.

I'm still trying to understand if there's a more specific pattern for Shieldmillia's team. Arrokuda is basically an arrow, Galarian Stunfisk is a bear trap, and Toxtricity is basically a living musical instrument. While Soudo's team is basically Pokémon that use items/weapons, Shieldmillia's seem like they are items. In this case, I'm having trouble figuring out the other two. Eiscue is probably an ice cube, but ice cubes don't seem like they can be used as weapons. A guitar, while not a weapon, can technically be used as one if you just slam it right, but an ice cube? I don't think there's a way to weaponize those. And Falinks, what the heck is it supposed to be? It's not based on an object. The closest I can think of is a helmet, which is part of its design, but like ice cubes, they can't exactly be weaponized.

Scorbunny, however doesn't fit this pattern, but I guess that's a limitation of the Starter pattern. As for nicknames, judging by Shieldmillia's team, Scorbunny is going to be either Hecto or Exa. But I find strange that last month they had to come up with an explanation (and a weak one at that) for why Soudo nicknamed his Pokémon now and not before, and now suddenly we learn all of Shieldmillia's Pokémon already had nicknames. I guess Kusaka was really on a short deadline with this arc.

As for the quest for Shieldmillia's Pokémon, I think they'll find Kilo inside a random Cramorant's mouth, and maybe Manabu will catch said Cramorant. If Manabu's team is themed after facial expressions, I guess Cramorant's derpyness fits. Or maybe he'll just nickname it Taberu-kun (Eat-kun).
I also think maybe some of Shieldmillia's Pokémon will be under Gym Leaders' cares. Falinks, if I'm not mistaken, is part of Saitou's team in the game, isn't it? Eiscue is also an Ice-type.

I also feel the need to point out, since Shieldmillia already has six Pokémon guaranteed, I think Zacian and Zamazenta will not be part of their teams. They're not going to follow in the footsteps of Reshiram and Xerneas. Which perhaps clears the path for them to be Beet and Mary's Starter replacements, if they really become Dex Holders.

The disappearance of the Rusted Sword and Shield might be the first sign of Swod and Shieldy's presence in the story. Maybe they already stole the weapons. Maybe they are working with Rose to prevent Eternatus from being stopped when it awakens. Or maybe they really believe the sword and shield are meant to wielded by humans.
Why does that Cramorant theory make so much sense lol. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Schilly here not only got one of the doggos but also more Pokemon past six. Pokemon Adventures have done rotational Pokemon before, trainers who have more than six, and we could possibly see that happening again.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Why does that Cramorant theory make so much sense lol. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Schilly here not only got one of the doggos but also more Pokemon past six. Pokemon Adventures have done rotational Pokemon before, trainers who have more than six, and we could possibly see that happening again.
Have any of the protagonists owned more than six pokémon besides Red, Blue, Green, & Yellow? I thought that after the original Kanto trainers all of the protagonists stuck to 6-7 pokémon max.

Anyway, I was already theorizing that Schilly might go into a depression arc to line up with Scorbunny evolving into a Raboot (and then she'll overcome it when it evolves into a Cinderace), & maybe this could support the theory. Maybe Schilly finds one of her Pokémon and discovers that it either died or doesn't want to go back with her, which causes her to go into a negative spiral and turn into a mope for a couple of chapters. Or maybe it'll be similar to Go in the anime where Schilly is so focused on finding her other pokémon that Scorbunny starts to feel neglected and starts disobeying her once it evolves.

shoz999

Have any of the protagonists owned more than six pokémon besides Red, Blue, Green, & Yellow? I thought that after the original Kanto trainers all of the protagonists stuck to 6-7 pokémon max.

Anyway, I was already theorizing that Schilly might go into a depression arc to line up with Scorbunny evolving into a Raboot (and then she'll overcome it when it evolves into a Cinderace), & maybe this could support the theory. Maybe Schilly finds one of her Pokémon and discovers that it either died or doesn't want to go back with her, which causes her to go into a negative spiral and turn into a mope for a couple of chapters. Or maybe it'll be similar to Go in the anime where Schilly is so focused on finding her other pokémon that Scorbunny starts to feel neglected and starts disobeying her once it evolves.
After RGBY, there's Gold, and Ruby who has a total of seven main Pokemon, and Sapphire who has a total of eight main Pokemon, counting those they've released or borrowed. But yeah, there's no trainer who has a big roster of Pokemon like Gen 1's trainers did.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
So they're using the Gym Challenge as a reason to travel the Galar region & find Schilly's pokémon? I don't think I completely get the reasoning behind that.

Why don't they just look for her Pokémon anyway? Why do they NEED to do the Gym Challenge to pull off this quest (aside from being the protagonists)?
Because the Gym Challenge brings prestige and glory?
Because it allows for the greatest amount of regional ground to cover?
Because it makes up for previous regions not being covered as extensively/widely?

Remmie

Poor Shieldmillia. Losing her entire team, poor girl. But she had Toxtricity and a Falinks, so neat! I hope she finds them all back quickly. It's been a while since a dex holder had already her whole team at the start of the story, I think the last one who pratically almost a entire team (minus the starter pokemon) before the story started was Crystal. So she names her pokemon based on their weight? Is that why she hasn't named her Scorbunny yet, she's waiting for it's evolution? But still, so nice to see that she has other pokemons, Sword didn't lose any it seems. Still, it's make my heart cry when seeing her crying, she's so hyper all the time, seeing her cry makes my heart cries.

TotallyNotCrt

https://twitter.com/strawhatcrt/status/1241204039087296513

Short Summary:
-The Slumbering Weald is off limits.
-Soudo wanted to check it out.
-Shield runs in crashing at the gate because she saw a shooting star.
-They go together and introduce each other.
-Shield wants to be Dr. Magnolia's assistant and is studying to be that.
-Soudo comes from a family that works on Pokemon tools--Gears/Body tools.
-They encounter not just one star, but two stars, which means they can both Dynamax in the future.
-They encounter the Legendaries, and Shield tries to attack them with all her Pokemon.
-It doesn't work, she returns them.
-Soudo asks if she cans ee behind them, and they notice a sword and shield.
-Soudo walks past the Pokemon because they're just illusions.
-Shield catches up but is engulfed in a flash of light.
-Shield wakes up and realizes all her Pokemon are gone.
-Magnolia wonders if the light took them or if they're simply still with those two Pokemon.
-Magnolia wanted two assistants for Dynamax researching so Soudo got recruited.
-They're doing the challenge for that and so that they can gather public press about Shield losing her team.
-They reach Motostoke
-The front entrance to their hotel is a statue of someone with a sword and shield

Last edited:

arawn

Her theme could simply be an RPG game theme.
Arrow, trap, ice magic, fire magic, knight, evil.

LordSerperior

After RGBY, there's Gold, and Ruby who has a total of seven main Pokemon, and Sapphire who has a total of eight main Pokemon, counting those they've released or borrowed. But yeah, there's no trainer who has a big roster of Pokemon like Gen 1's trainers did.
Crystal technically has the biggest roster but she uses 8 as her main Pokemon if I'm counting right.

Remmie

I hope we get Shieldmilia's pokemons their origins story like we had with Crystal's team. Would be nice.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I hope we get Shieldmilia's pokemons their origins story like we had with Crystal's team. Would be nice.
Maybe or maybe not just don't really get your hopes not

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
How many times have you said, "Maybe, maybe not, don't get your hopes up", to every piece of speculation and wish list? Feels more repetitive than contributing. I suggest you break that habit, because stating the very obvious, unless someone is truly that clueless, doesn't add anything.
Feel like we shouldn't get hope up for some origin for Shield's missing Pokemon that it .
I am bit wearly of kusaka doing that sort thing .
The Last thing i need is Shield copy past zunkan Owners's team for not give Whi-2 her own party before ending the neo-Isshu arc
I am allowing to be wearly of this sort of thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.