• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmie

Pretty great chapters for SwSh and B2W2 but I do have some mixed feelings about some stuff. The first problem I really have is
Shirudomiria having a full team so early. It kinda looks like she won't get anymore pokemon because she has a full team which means no future potential Isle of Armor DLC pokemon like Kubfu or even Slowpoke joining which kinda saddens me because I wanted her to get some. The second problem was in B2W2 which was Colress's ending. Kyurem freezing Colress is kinda hollow because we already know that he escapes to go to Alola in the Sun and Moon chapter . I really hope it's explained how he gets out instead of hand waving it like I expect to happen.
Did you forget Crystal had her full team when she started too? Heck, one had to go on rotation because her Chikorita joined her team, and she already had 6 pokemons at the time. Shirudomiria had 5, so there was one spot left for her Scorbunny. And when she'll get her team back she'll have her full team. So Shirudomiria already having her team before she started is just like Crystal, only Shirudomiria has to find the rest of her team back.

LordSerperior

I'm curious how they're going to handle her team for the gym challenge. She will obviously need more than one Pokemon for It so is she going to find all her Pokemon fairly early, find one at a time as the plot requires or capture new Pokemon.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
There's no real point to giving her a new team because that would make the missing Pokemon plot line pointless. Same with having them all come back at once/super early. Plus, that's five extra Pokemon to develop, and we really don't have time for that.

The way I see it, the best solution is to have her find them one or two at a time.

Speaking of which, I wonder how they'll handle the Gyms. Will they alternate between them?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
There's no real point to giving her a new team because that would make the missing Pokemon plot line pointless. Same with having them all come back at once/super early. Plus, that's five extra Pokemon to develop, and we really don't have time for that.

The way I see it, the best solution is to have her find them one or two at a time.

Speaking of which, I wonder how they'll handle the Gyms. Will they alternate between them?
I have two theories how the Gym challenge could work.

The first way is branching paths and separate journeys.
If you look at the Galar map, and ignore the game's linear path, there are two branching paths from Motostoke that leads to one Gym Leader each and two branching paths from Hammerlocke that leads to two Gym Leaders each. I have a hunch that Sou & Schilly at one point in the story, the two are going to go on their own separate paths, battle the Gym Leaders from two different ends, and meet up at Motostoke and Hammerlocke for the third and final Gym Leader.

Now Sou and Schilly are riding on a vehicle together with Magnolia, and this reason alone may mean there's not much of a point to separate them. I do think the writer wants to keep Sou & Schilly together for at least the first three Gyms. When Hammerlocke happens, I believe there is a chance that Sou & Schilly may go separate paths to battle each of the two Gym Leaders. After perhaps Sou beats Bea and Schilly beats Melony or the reverse, Sou heads East to challenge the new Gym Leader Gordie and Schilly heads West to challenge the new Gym Leader Allister (the younger new Gym Leaders), and perhaps we will even see Opal and Piers training Bede and Marnie for the Gym Leader position.

The second way is a competition!
Think about it. Sou, Schilly, Marnie, Bede, Hop, maybe Marvin. That's a decent number of Gym Challengers and as one can see in the Motostoke Gym Challenge, these can be turned into competitions where several Gym Challengers can join at once. I have a hunch that the writer may change the Gym Challenge to become more of a competition, such as turning the Sheep Herding and Water Pipe Puzzle into a sort of race to see who gets to challenge first.

Last edited:

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
There's always the chance that Sunday Webry could carry additional SS chapters, giving more time to develop plot lines and perhaps focusing on one path, while Coro Coro focuses on the other one.

At this point i'm hoping this is the case. Not a repeat of the SM-USUM situation.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I can see the main duo fighting the version-exclusive leaders in a tag battle.

Remmie

But again, she does the Gym Challenge to study Dynamax and to spread the word about her missing pokemon, so once she'll have find all her pokemons, she might not continue it, or get beaten in the championship, so her plot could stop there, and Soudo does the challenge to help her too, so it's more like an excuse to do their stuff more than it is about beating Leon.

G-SANtos

Interesting. It comes much earlier than usual, to the point it comes even before the SwSh chapter. Are they planning to release something else later in the month. Could we be getting SwSh on Sunday Webry starting this month?

Just as a reminder, Yamamoto said he couldn't finish the last eight pages of last month's update, so that's probably what this is going to be.

Don't expect a super long one.
Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard for just eight to be able to finish the story at this point. Last we saw, they were using the Pledge moves to stop the fire. They still need to finish that scene, and still settle a bunch of stuff. Basically:
-Hue's sister's Purrloin being found and returned to her.
-N going around returning every stolen Pokémon. We don't need to see everything, obviously, but they need to at least have N leaving on a journey for that.
-Achroma (Colress) somehow escaping to set up Alola events.
-Handsome (Looker) arresting someone.
-Everyone being unfrozen.
-Obligatory reference to Gen 6.

We could also have Lack-Two and Whi-Two be revealed to be aliases. I mean, their backgrounds basically imply could be using aliases. Even when Lack-Two said his name to Handsome, the wording seemed a bit ambiguous to me.
And also, we could have the Pokédex resonance sound. I mean, seriously, we haven't had it since Sinnoh. We have been basically a decade without the resonance sound showing up, and this absence in B2W2, like I said before, seems suspicious, like there's still at least one more Pokédex around.

I can't see them creating the Rusted items, but I can totally imagine them having a hand in creating Instant and Eternity, the sword and armor Guile used.

Soudo's name is Japanese in origin, so it's possible his family could've originated from Sinnoh or at least one of the other Japan-based regions.
That doesn't mean much when:
-Yellow, a Kantionian, has a surname mixing Italian, English, and a location name.
-Platinum, a Sinnohnian, has Berlitz as a surname.
-Mary (Marnie), a Galarian, speaks in the Hakata dialect (the same as Sapphire, by the way).
-Characters still write in Japanese even in the non-Japanese regions.

So, yeah, I think there's no reason his family couldn't be Galarian.

But I can see they creating Instant and Eternity, specially if DP remakes happen this Generation. Maybe they'll even tie it into the Isle of Armor somehow. Like, it has "armor" in its name.

I have two theories how the Gym challenge could work.

The first way is branching paths and separate journeys.
[...]

The second way is a competition!
[...]
I think you're forgetting the simplest one, and that's Double Battles.
You see, everyone is basically thinking about it the way the games do things, and that's one challenger versus the Gym Leader. But the thing is, PokéSpe doesn't always do things the same way as the games. Remember the DP chapter? Every time Platinum challenged a Gym Leader, she was given an option of which style of battle she wanted, including Double Battles. That was not in the games. In the games you can use however many Pokémon you want against a Gym Leader that only has two Pokémon, and Gym battles are rarely Double Battles.

But PokéSpe? It can do whatever it wants, and has done whatever it wants, including having characters earn Badges in a different order from the games, or getting them outside of a Gym.

Seeing how Soudo and Shieldmillia were endorsed by the same person, I can see some Gym Leaders wanting to take on both at the same time, specially due to all the interest in them, as they were endorsed by the Champion.
Maybe they could even say there are specific dates where Gym Leaders accept multiple challengers at once. Who knows?

EDIT: Forgot to reply to this.
Pretty great chapters for SwSh and B2W2 but I do have some mixed feelings about some stuff. The first problem I really have is Shirudomiria having a full team so early. It kinda looks like she won't get anymore pokemon because she has a full team which means no future potential Isle of Armor DLC pokemon like Kubfu or even Slowpoke joining which kinda saddens me because I wanted her to get some.
To be honest, I think Klara and Savory (Avery) are going to get a Kubfu each, specially if my theory about your Rival having the other Urshifu form in the game is correct.
Also, Galarian Slowpoke is probably going to be one of their teams. Which one, I don't know. Its Psychic-type implies Savory at first, but it learning Acid makes it seem like Galarian Slowbro is going to be Psychic/Poison. If that's the case, then it's a toss-up, as any of them could have one, or maybe both could have one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.