• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I honestly can't wait for the B2W2 chapter this month. I just reread the B2W2 chapters and it made me appreciate it so much more.
Ah yes. Reading a story altogether in one go, and reading a story chapter by chapter on a monthly basis sure invokes a different feeling.

Moni_22

Well it's final and not final lol An epilogue is surely to come out with the volume at least. So what happened with Colress, did Kyurem freeze him? He comes back in SM/USUM so he shouldn't be dead at least. And it went all according to plan as Gigi goes with White2 at least for the final attack. I think we still haven't even seen Hugh reunited with Purrloin. There's still a lot left I feel, at least we need one more chapter.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
As established long ago, freezing is perfectly survivable in Pokespe, frostbite and suffocation be damned.

I guess the Pledge Moves are our substitute for Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon.

G-SANtos

And here I was thinking the delay was because today's part was super long or something, but no, it's the same size as usual and it just ends on a cliffhanger, magazine release style. I guess the epilogue will be volume only. Maybe Kusaka and Yamamoto were nostalgic about that.
And maybe, if there are plans to break the name tradition and make Hue a Dex Holder, and maybe Cheren and Bel too, who knows, Kusaka and Yamamoto might want that to be a volume-only surprise.

Now, how is the Starter distribution going to be settled in the epilogue? I don't think Prof. Araragi will keep Samurott, and also don't think Bubu-chan will permanently go to Whi-two, because it basically breaks from Buoh and Bubu-chan often being treated as a couple being a mirror of Black and White also being treated the same.

Here's what I think will happen: Bubu-chan will return to White, who'll finally fully accept her as part of her team. Whi-two will act all down over Bubu-chan not choosing her, and Banjirō will give his Pignite as a way to cheer her up and will also use this as an opportunity to flirt with the cute transfer student he hasn't met yet.
Professor Araragi will then reveal he has an unclaimed Pokédex and will give it to Hue. OR he'll reveal he has two unclaimed Pokédexes and will offer them to Hue and Banjirō. Hue will accept one, but Banjirō declines the offer. N, as part of his character development of accepting the world of Trainers and breaking from his father's propaganda, will ask the Professor if he can have the last one, finally understanding the Pokédex represents a bond between Trainers and Pokémon instead of being an excuse to trap them. Araragi will then accept N as a Pokédex Holder.

Just after Hue and N register themselves in their new Pokédexes, we get a resonance sound (for the first time in, what, 10 years?) between the Pokédexes and Cheren and Bel are revealed to own Pokédexes that they received at some point in the two years time skip. Samurott then decides to go with N on his atonement journey of returning the stolen Pokémon to their Trainers.

Now, what next month for Webry? Since the next SwSh chapter is the Budew Drop Inn stuff, we'll probably get the introduction to Hop, Mary, and Beet. Perhaps, if the name tradition is going to be broken, and Rivals can be main characters again, maybe from April onwards, Webry is going to be SwSh but focusing on Hop. And to complete all that in May we get an announcement of Isle of Armor stuff on CoroCoro Aniki.

Or maybe we get LGPE starting next month. Who knows.

-Soudo comes from a family that works on Pokemon tools--Gears/Body tools.
Calling it now, Sōdo's family created the Rusted Sword and Shield.

Why does that Cramorant theory make so much sense lol. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Schilly here not only got one of the doggos but also more Pokemon past six. Pokemon Adventures have done rotational Pokemon before, trainers who have more than six, and we could possibly see that happening again.
The manga has stopped doing that for some time though, arguably on Gen 3, but also arguably was starting on Gen 2, or maybe even as far as Yellow. Crystal's Smoochum got boxed basically as soon as Megapyon showed up, and them she didn't show up until HGSS except for a cameo in Emerald. And then she had a Mr. Mime on Emerald that we never saw again. But I guess Crystal is not a good example because she catches basically anything that enters her field of view, so let's go by the other arcs.

In RS, Ruby and Sapphire don't ever have rotate their teams or carry 7+ Pokémon. Ruby has a Celebi that basically went to him to help in the final battle. RURU goes to Mitsuru before Ruby even gets a full team. Ruby and Sapphire train with Plusle and Minun, but they technically don't capture them. I admit I don't remember if they are counted as part of their teams on the Trainer stats on each chapter.
Sapphire has caught Kiruru by the time of ORAS, but that's already a separate chapter, and from my understanding she doesn't carry Eruru and Jirara with her on that arc.

In DP, none of the three ever get a seventh Pokémon. In Platinum, Rotom is counted as Diamond's Pokémon, but Diamond doesn't ever carry it. There's also Manaphy and Fione, who are only shown in the epilogue. Platinum has a Piplup on SM, who basically only exists for backstory purposes.

And from BW onwards, no one ever has 7+ Pokémon on them except White. Sun's PokéRides don't really count as part of his team, from my understanding.
Most characters since RS have had consistent teams without rotation in the same arc. We only get additional, seventh or so Pokémon for them in later arcs or small roles or cameos. At this point, I think it's safe to say Pokédex Holders aren't going to get rotational teams anymore.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I can't see them creating the Rusted items, but I can totally imagine them having a hand in creating Instant and Eternity, the sword and armor Guile used.

Soudo's name is Japanese in origin, so it's possible his family could've originated from Sinnoh or at least one of the other Japan-based regions.

volcanionmaster123

So apparently, this morning’s update was supposed to have 8 additional pages, but Yamamoto knew he wouldn’t finish on time... so they took it out for the time being and even after that they had to delay it’s release until today.... lol

It seemed like he said that the extra pages will be in Last Chapter #4, which is before the manga release(Not sure, blame Google Translate) but is that a separate part or is #4 the epilogue?

Moni_22

So apparently, this morning’s update was supposed to have 8 additional pages, but Yamamoto knew he wouldn’t finish on time... so they took it out for the time being and even after that they had to delay it’s release until today.... lol

It seemed like he said that the extra pages will be in Last Chapter #4, which is before the manga release(Not sure, blame Google Translate) but is that a separate part or is #4 the epilogue?

It did seem a little weird that it got cut there. Well, all I hope is that we get a satisfying ending for everyone.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Got around to seeing the next part of the finale, and I have to say. Damn Kyurem, you scary.

I assume this takes the title of longest arc to date due to spanning through Generation VIII? I thought it never end. Now we can buy volumes of XY, ORAS, and SM.

Pokemon.Manga

Pretty great chapters for SwSh and B2W2 but I do have some mixed feelings about some stuff. The first problem I really have is
Shirudomiria having a full team so early. It kinda looks like she won't get anymore pokemon because she has a full team which means no future potential Isle of Armor DLC pokemon like Kubfu or even Slowpoke joining which kinda saddens me because I wanted her to get some. The second problem was in B2W2 which was Colress's ending. Kyurem freezing Colress is kinda hollow because we already know that he escapes to go to Alola in the Sun and Moon chapter . I really hope it's explained how he gets out instead of hand waving it like I expect to happen.

e9310103838

Shirudomiria having a full team so early. It kinda looks like she won't get anymore pokemon because she has a full team which means no future potential Isle of Armor DLC pokemon like Kubfu or even Slowpoke joining which kinda saddens me because I wanted her to get some.

I hope she can find her Pokemon as soon as possible instead of finding them at the end. ;)

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Pretty great chapters for SwSh and B2W2 but I do have some mixed feelings about some stuff. The first problem I really have is
Shirudomiria having a full team so early. It kinda looks like she won't get anymore pokemon because she has a full team which means no future potential Isle of Armor DLC pokemon like Kubfu or even Slowpoke joining which kinda saddens me because I wanted her to get some. The second problem was in B2W2 which was Colress's ending. Kyurem freezing Colress is kinda hollow because we already know that he escapes to go to Alola in the Sun and Moon chapter . I really hope it's explained how he gets out instead of hand waving it like I expect to happen.
Yeah but from kusaka himself .....he probably be did that to explain why he is wear a hi-tech suit in ahola arc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.