• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May VS Drew! The Final Battle speculation thread

Squirtle_007

Before the preview, I would be sure that Shuu will win, but now I don´t know who´s gonna win, I mean ... Combusken really looks bad and I think Flygon and Squirtle will fall and the final bout will be between Combusken and Absol

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I think May will win, considering she lost the last Grand Festival. I also think Combusken learned a new attack (whats that Special attack Charizard learns in FR/LG from the Move tutor called?) - It could also be evolving but I doubt that very seriously.

~Scott;229;

MidnightScott said:
I think May will win, considering she lost the last Grand Festival.
If Ash is anything to go by, she won't but i'm hoping she will win.

But with the way Drew acted in the last episode being all angry or evil or something maybe the writters are setting up for a May victory.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
^ Yeah, what was with Drew in the last ep? Issues city.

Eh, since we're discussing it: Reasons For May To Win - I can't see her losing the GF in the first five minutes of the last episode, and she and Saori said they want to battle. Reasons For May To Lose - everyone hates Squirtle, and really, how many ways can 'Final Battle!' be interpreted?

I'd rather see Drew beat May and Saori, since that would actually be somewhat unpredictable, but I sure wouldn't put money on it. It might be interesting if May wins and snaps Drew out of his angst-trip, so he leaves for a region to sort himself out and then comes back after D/P all uberfied.

One more thing - Harley might still be planning something. Last episode he seemed to be trying to stir something up between May/Drew, and I don't think anything major ever came of it, so perhaps that's going to be addressed in the last episode.

day_macca

Boulder Trainer
I wonder wahts going on with the aimpom in this episode. It looks like its possibly battling ash?

Leon

i think the Combusken evolving could happen this ep, because the red glow around it in the preview, plus Harukas shocked expression. but then again, it could just be a very powerful Fure spin.

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
Torkoal Stu said:
If Ash is anything to go by, she won't but i'm hoping she will win.
Actually, if Ash is anything to go by, she will, since he lost the Indigo, then won the smaller not-new-region Orange Tourney. =\ So May could win the not-new-region Grand Festival. Doubt it though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
May winning the Grand Festival would mean the writers are wrapping up her storyline. That doesn't seem likely at the moment.

May's current team doesn't have the strength to win the tournament. May herself is an emotional wreck most of the time, she doesn't have the stamina to win the whole thing either.

It also seems like May's current Pokemon only get one battle each. Eevee/Munchlax got Harley, and Squirtle/Combusken got Drew. That's another point that she may lose to Drew, each of her Pokemon got an even one battle.

Joe said:
Actually, if Ash is anything to go by, she will, since he lost the Indigo, then won the smaller not-new-region Orange Tourney. =\ So May could win the not-new-region Grand Festival. Doubt it though.
Yeah but this isn't a fight one person mini tournament, this is like a league and as far as we see so far no character has ever won a real collect 8 badges/5 ribbons tournament.

But if May does win it will bring a whole new rage to Ash fans and will show the writters aren't afraid for the characters to complete their whole season goals.

CyberCubed said:
It also seems like May's current Pokemon only get one battle each. Eevee/Munchlax got Harley, and Squirtle/Combusken got Drew. That's another point that she may lose to Drew, each of her Pokemon got an even one battle.

Yeah but in the Hoenn Grand Festival, Bulbasaur and Combusken had 2 different battles each, while Skitty and Beautifly only got one. (May had 3 battles-Harley, Drew, and a filler match.) I have doubts that May would only get 2 battles during this festival. Now I'm starting to think that May will win.

Last edited:

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
They won't have her win the GF. That would be her accomplishing her ever elusive dream, and that would mean her arc was finished and she could go off and be a master coordinator. Its pretty much ensured she's in the next reigon because of the all important movie poster. Plus the main reason she would be written off, contests being an R/S/E ad, is highly dubious at this point in time. I really really don't like her but I think we'll be stuck with her for at least another reigon

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Trying to figure out how much stuff needs to be wrapped up in this episode...

The May/Drew battle, duh.
Harley's plan - according to reports I've read, he's trying to upset May by making her and Drew fight. It's possible he's given up on this now, though, since he's already lost to her.
The May/Drew argument from the previous episode.
Drew's character arc in general.
The Drew/Saori tension.
Either a May vs. Saori or Drew vs. Saori battle.
That fricking Aipom. -_-
Saori(/Drew?) winning the Festival, the trophy being awarded, characters saying goodbye, etc.

Quite a lot, then. Though I think the writers proved last episode that they can cram a lot into twenty minutes. I just hope they don't uberfy Squirtle (if it knocks out Flygon, I'll break something), Harley doesn't fade into the background, and the Drew stuff is dealt with properly.

Last edited:

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
No it wouldn't, seeing as how winning ONE grand festival doesn't mean she's a master coordinator...I'd be like Ash's quest ending if he won a league which wouldn't really make sense seeing as how there's leages in other regions. Oh and...Combusken evolution? *runs far away*

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Jo-Jo said:
Trying to figure out how much stuff needs to be wrapped up in this episode:

The May/Drew battle, duh.
Harley's plan - according to reports I've read, he's trying to upset May by making her and Drew fight. It's possible he's given up on this now, though, since he's already lost to her.
The May/Drew argument from the previous episode.
Drew's character arc in general.
The Drew/Saori tension.
Either a May vs. Saori or Drew vs. Saori battle.
That fricking Aipom. -_-
Saori(/Drew?) winning the Festival, the trophy being awarded, characters saying goodbye, etc.

Quite a lot, then. Though I think the writers proved last episode that they can cram a lot into twenty minutes. I just hope they don't uberfy Squirtle (if it knocks out Flygon, I'll break something), Harley doesn't fade into the background, and the Drew stuff is dealt with properly.

Uh, the pacing is much better for the final GF episode this time than back in Hoenn.

In Hoenn, they had to finish the May Vs. Harley battle, May Vs. Anthony, May Vs. Drew, Robert getting Snorunt to evolve into Glalie, Robert holding the trophy/closing ceremonies, final scene with Drew.

Compare that to this time, and they have plenty of time. The Harley battle is done. As far as we know, there is no filler battle this time. May/Drew have already started their battle in the previous ep, so it won't take THAT long.

I imagine between that battle and the final one, we'll see that scene with Ash battling Aipom. Hopefully we get the full Saori battle, and then the closing ceremonies and such will go by quickly.

I imagine the way Drew/Harley/Saori "leave" will be similar to the Hoenn one. Just gradually goodbyes and "I'll do better in the next GF!" from May...and then Ash says how he can't wait to challenge the Battle Pyramid again, yadda yadda.

S

Shadowcat

Ludicolo's Depression said:
Yeah but in the Hoenn Grand Festival, Bulbasaur and Beautifly had 2 different battles each, while Skitty and Combusken only got one. (May had 3 battles-Harley, Drew, and a filler match.) I have doubts that May would only get 2 battles during this festival. Now I'm starting to think that May will win.

wtf.

Bulbasaur got two battles. VS Harley and VS Anthony.

Combusken got two battles. VS Anthony and VS Drew.

Beautifly got one battle. VS Harley. Beautifly also performed the first appeal, so there.

Skitty got one battle. VS Drew. Skitty also performed the second appeal, so there.

Also... Drew's appeal points decreased. He tied for first place in the second appeal stage in the last festival and now, Harley got higher points and May was just one place below him. So yeah... He didn't improve or something... He might lose... And I'm scared he'll lose to May... But if it's a Draw... Woot. Draws are good.

HoennMaster

I want it to come down to Combusken Vs. Absol. If Combusken loses to Flygon again I'll be mad. I kind of want Drew to lose so May can fight Saori, but I don't want him to lose because I want to see him again next saga (as well as Harley) and I would love to see him fight Saori. I also hope Ash catches Aipom. It looks like he is battling to capture him in the preview.

Actually May might win against Drew, but I doubt she'll win the GF overall, however she is shown as improving she only lost one contest this time round but last time she lost two.

Given one was her first but still.

umbreunatic

Leon said:
i think the Combusken evolving could happen this ep, because the red glow around it in the preview, plus Harukas shocked expression. but then again, it could just be a very powerful Fure spin.
I also think combusken will evolve but only because of may's expression, since that red glwing thing around combusken can be blaze. btw it is also time for another evo I think, and especially for combusken (if he wants to evolve).