• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May vs Zoey, Dawn vs Kaito [Matchups revealed]

pokemaster95

King of pirates
The writters want us to see that console creatures have feelings....are writters are hippies.

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
No, you're just taking the show too literally.

uber gon

Accept Change

shac

on a more realistic note, from the anime-world point of view, Paul seems to have suffered a lot in past which has made him rude and rugged and power-hungry. I have always wondered if he has started in Sinnoh with a turtwig for starter, why not compete in Sinnoh league first before moving on to the other regions? the simple answer is- he did take an attempt at the sinnoh league but failed badly; bad enough to have been severely scarred for life....hope they reveal all these in near futue. i would hate to see this going down the "GS-ball" or "Brock-Ivy" line...

Lord Dialga

The Deity of Time
on a more realistic note, from the anime-world point of view, Paul seems to have suffered a lot in past which has made him rude and rugged and power-hungry. I have always wondered if he has started in Sinnoh with a turtwig for starter, why not compete in Sinnoh league first before moving on to the other regions? the simple answer is- he did take an attempt at the sinnoh league but failed badly; bad enough to have been severely scarred for life....hope they reveal all these in near futue. i would hate to see this going down the "GS-ball" or "Brock-Ivy" line...

My guess..

Paul was extremely cocky when he was 10 years old. So when he lost to his father Cyrus in a battle, he was banished until he had become a League Champion.

uber gon

Accept Change
My guess..

Paul was extremely cocky when he was 10 years old. So when he lost to his father Cyrus in a battle, he was banished until he had become a League Champion.

Not very realistic, don't you think? I'm thinking Paul is a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
My guess..

Im sure the anime wouldn't go down that path.

The writters want us to see that console creatures have feelings....are writters are hippies.

Hey, what's wrong with hippies? Pro-Life, Anti-War forever, yo.

Still. Raising Pokemon only by EV Training, or only using Pokemon with certain stats/IV's/natures/etc is being a little cruel to other Pokemon with just as much potential, if you think of it that way...

ANYWAYS, BACK /ON/ TOPIC...
Can't wait to see Zoey get own'd by May. That'll be a sight to see.

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Thats actually a good idea, thats why he's so rude to the Sinnoh Gym Leaders?

I don't think we are supposed to discuss about Paul here...

Last edited:

Misty Fanboi13

Over Analyst
THEORY

Finneon is referred to by the Pokedex as the Beautifly of the Sea[at least in the games], and the preview showed Zoey's Finneon using Silver Wind. I think May will use her Beautifly against Zoey's Finneon to have a Real Beautifly vs. Beautifly of the Sea, Silver Wind showdown?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think she might be using different Pokemon for each match, same for the other characters.

Dawn is seen appealing with Ambipom but Piplup is apparently battling. Maybe each appeal and battle will be done with a different Pokemon?

Misty Fanboi13

Over Analyst
I think she might be using different Pokemon for each match, same for the other characters.

Dawn is seen appealing with Ambipom but Piplup is apparently battling. Maybe each appeal and battle will be done with a different Pokemon?

I'm not sure if you were talking to me or not, but if you were I didn't mean that Zoey wasn't going to be using different pokemon for different rounds, maybe she passes all the other rounds besides appeal with Glameow, Misdreavus[battle round debut?], and Shellos, then uses Finneon again for the Semi-Finals

On a different note: Has it been confirmed that this is not a double contest, because that could explain why we saw Ambipom and Piplup in the preview, we know for sure Ambipom is appealing, otherwise Dawn wouldn't be a part of it like that, and Piplup's Bubblebeam seemed like a 'graceful' appeal sort of Bubblebeam, because the way it moved, when Piplup uses Bubblebeam in battle it usually goes in a straight line

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Im sure if it was a double appeal we would see another pokemon with Ash's buizel.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Yeah i can see two appeal rounds.

Like Ash's Buizel can do one appeal round while pikachu can do another appeal round.

Lord Dialga

The Deity of Time

uber gon

Accept Change
THEORY

Finneon is referred to by the Pokedex as the Beautifly of the Sea[at least in the games], and the preview showed Zoey's Finneon using Silver Wind. I think May will use her Beautifly against Zoey's Finneon to have a Real Beautifly vs. Beautifly of the Sea, Silver Wind showdown?

That'll be an interesting match to see.