• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May, We Harley Drew'd Ya! (456)

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
ZoraJolteon said:
Wow, Frenzy Plant Venusaur was actually appealing. I'd been assuming someone on Pokeani was just commenting on May's previous battles.

(sorry for a speculation) So does that mean "The Salaryman" is back?

Crystal Clair

Am I the only one who finds Saori really attractive? She's really hot, and its a nice change of pace to swoon over a woman for once rather than a 10 year old girl. Whoa
I think she's hot too.... but I'm trying to keep my limits. After all, I think half the girls in Pokemon are hot. I bet she'll have a huge fanbase by the time the Grandfestival has reached it's climax.
I loved the way Harley made fun of Haruka. "Kawaii kamo!"
And it was nice seeing Vivian again even though I think both girls are cute (I just dislike Lilian's outfit).
That new Jessie was totemo kawaii!

V Faction

www.faction.com
jolteonjak said:
(sorry for a speculation) So does that mean "The Salaryman" is back?
Not at all. If he were to come back there wouldn't be any hesitation to show him right up front with that Venusaur. We can gather only this much: The writers are using Venusaur and Frenzy Plant again because they now consider it and the attack part of their One-Stop Shop Pokemon Set. Chances are now in the future, whenever you see Venusaur, you'll see Frenzy Plant being used.

EDIT: Slightly better job on the animation flow this time; it looks like they weren't afraid to use some facial gags and over the top zaniness. Still, I KNOW it can be better. I want fluid, clever animation -- not 3 frames of running cycles.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
So, were their two-stadiums being used? And did Saori know who Harley was, cuz it sounded like she knew his name and about him, maybe from Drew.

Also, when they showed the Pokemon being trained outside, that was like the same Pokemon and trainers but with a diffrent background!

And didn't someone say Aipom had Ash's hat in the opening, cuz it didn't!

Last edited:
Didn't someone say Saori's hair looked like Prima's? Then she has a Slowbro....interesting?

No but I thought i'd mention that. XD

The to be continue screen I really liked, with all four of them around the Ribbon Cup. ^^

Wigglytuff, perfect, now Harley has more Pokemon neglecting his old ones further >:

May appealed with Combusken, compared to the other appeals we saw it looked rather boring. I mean Saori's Lapras appealing was well TOTALLY AWESOME! Did you see those effects they used? I loved the look of the ice <3.

Hmm Drew having an Absol is also quiet cool, but at least it isn't the new Flygon because Flygon only showed up in the battles so...yay for not new Flygon.

Lastly Harley dressed as May but with his purple hair streaming down is LOL.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
At least they found a clever way to include Team Rocket in this arc without them wasting screentime like they did in the Hoenn GF. Now the only time waster is that blasted Aipom, I pray its not in the next two episodes.

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
V Faction said:
EDIT: Slightly better job on the animation flow this time; it looks like they weren't afraid to use some facial gags and over the top zaniness. Still, I KNOW it can be better. I want fluid, clever animation -- not 3 frames of running cycles.
Hell will most likely freeze over, be taken over by leprechauns and symbolise old toes before we get any sort of decent animation in the show.
Wow, am I ever the optimist.

CyberCubed said:
At least they found a clever way to include Team Rocket in this arc without them wasting screentime like they did in the Hoenn GF. Now the only time waster is that blasted Aipom, I pray its not in the next two episodes.
Sadly, the odds are it will.
I guess since they didn't have any of Ash's current team Pokémon to whore out on, they decided to have a running gag with hat fetishes.
Meh, gives hatless Ash scenes for the fangirls at least.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Torkoal Stu said:
May appealed with Combusken, compared to the other appeals we saw it looked rather boring. I mean Saori's Lapras appealing was well TOTALLY AWESOME! Did you see those effects they used? I loved the look of the ice <3.
You don't know the half of it! (or maybe you do...) How can they even call what Combusken did an appeal? It... broke a flying frisbee. Wouldn't it have been a little more impressive to see it hit the thing away, only to have it return unscaved? Or doing, ah'dunno, some cool fire flipping move. Actually, when we get down right to it, Combusken has rather so-so appeals. Maybe a new attack (it's a Mega Kick... what the heck happened to it??) or at least a new approach. Might even consider *gasp* not using it... But that's suicide consider May's other Pokies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I thought all three of the main characters appeals, (May/Drew/Harley) were rather lame. The only good one was Saori's Lapras ice thing.

Drew's Masquerain and Harley's Banette did the EXACT SAME THING that they appealed with the last two times with those Pokemon. Combusken's new appeal was also similar to old ones, although it was more boring.

God, I hope the second stage appeals are better. At least Drew is using Absol next time, May and Munchlax, Harley and Octillery, and Saori and Slowbro.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
For once, I decided to watch the episode itself before glancing at the pictures. It was tempting while waiting, but to be honest, I found it more rewarding.

But my God, I don't think I've ever laughed as hard in the history of the anime before as I did when Harley was blowing a kiss to Drew. May's reaction to Harley's "Kamo!" was priceless. I can't imagine how many disturbing new shippings this "Mayley" will spawn. I also found Saori quite attractive in motion. She looked pretty bland from the preview, but we got some better shots of her in this. And we got to see a Rapidash, one of the most undershowcased Pokemon ever!

Aipom has a serious hat fetish. Hopefully this won't be a running gag for too long. It's not even close to being as amusing as Jigglypuff's marker. Could somebody elaborate on TR's role, perhaps? I didn't quite catch that.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Here's some snapshots I took:

[IMG139]http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/4814/vlcsnap594791ts.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/1327/vlcsnap597778dz.png[/IMG139]

...BAHAHAHAHA!!!

Juny

Savvy?
The scene were Harley blows a kiss was just too great for words - completely cracked me up. I am very curious to what he said, though - It can't have been positive because Drew looked angry/worried and May looked worried and went all "Shuu..." but since Harley doesn't speak very clear I can't really understand it. Any translation (or just what he said in Japanese) would be welcome. ^^;
That aside, this was a good episode. I loved Team Rocket, especially Jessie and her very cute costume. Saori-san seems like a wonderful character to me, so I can't wait to see more of her. Harley dressing up as May is priceless (especially her reaction to it). I can't get why he did it, but it was awfully funny.

Crimsonmon

Boulder Trainer
Who's Saori's voice actress? I know that I've heard it in quite a places before but I can't put my finger on where, and I can't read Kanji to save my life so checking the credits is out of the question.

And I love the remix of 'I Won't Lose' that played during the appeals. The new triva quiz music is nice also, but it's boring that they used the same kind of quiz as last episode, and it was even eaiser than that one.

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Can ANYONE tell me who exactly Jessie was imitating? Talk about a total spazz! The energy... it was almost too overwhelming. Good thing we had camera man James and mustachioed Meowth and sound tester #2 Wobbufett on hand to help even things out.

Serebii said:
No discussion of ships in here please

Thank you
Banana boat
Bangca
Bateau
Coble
Center Console
Coracle
Cruiser
Dhow
Dinghy
Dory
Dredger
Durham Boat
Ferry
Folding boat
Gondola
Houseboat
Hydrofoil
Inflatable boat
Jetski
Jon boat
Kayak
Lifeboat
Motorboat
Norfolk wherry
Outrigger canoe
Pinnace
Pirogue
Raft
Rigid-hulled inflatable boat
Sampan
Schooner
Scow
Sharpie
Ski boat
Skiff
Sloop
Submarine
Trimaran
Tugboat
U-boat
Wakeboard boat
Water taxi
Whaleboat
Yacht
Yawl

Chatsy said:
http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/456/AG320.jpg

Oh, those silly Japanese.

That Harley blow-kiss scene.... I am forever scarred.
It's official now: The Grand Festival is in actuality the Grande Festibal. It cannot be undone! Proper English is forbidden!

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
CyberCubed said:
[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/MayHaruka/099.jpg[/img139]

Am I the only one who finds Saori really attractive? She's really hot, and its a nice change of pace to swoon over a woman for once rather than a 10 year old girl. Whoa. :eek:

I'll kill you AND Brock if you take one step towards her. She's MINE. ;)

Well, seriously, Anabel will forever be mine. But Saori is drawn really well.

Last edited: