• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May's last name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Her last name is Norman. In the games, the last name of the 5th Gym Leader, May's Father, is Norman.

"GYM LEADER NORMAN", you know?

Crystal Clair

I dont know what May's official name is. I call her May White though. It's simple, suits Norman's Pokemon type and it's pretty normal too.
part of the lyrics in 'Rival' one of the Pokemon themes.
It's not Rival, it's Advanced Adventure.

Last edited:

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
She wasn't given one. People usually give her "Maple" as her last name, though

Psydaquil

Psyduck + Cyndaquil
If ash Got a last name, May should of too.

Anon e Mouse Jr.

Boulder Trainer
I read a fanfic a while back where her name is May Crosse. It sounds as good as any, so that's what I've used in my own stories ever since.

Chris

Old Coot
Psydaquil said:
If ash Got a last name, May should of too.
Ash got one as a WAAAAAAAAY begining of the works moment. Back when Nintendo of America was using the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" slogan. Ketchum was pretty much a pun off of that.

By the time Haruka was given an English name, Nintendo pretty much didn't bother and stuck with what the Japanese were doing and only giving a majority of the characters first names.

Rugia

Alright!
Isn't there a common last name for May that was made-up? As in Misty ''Waterflower'' or something like that? It doesn't seem likely that her last name will ever be revealed.

tyciol

it's non-existant. Just like Brock's and Misty's last names.

Brock's voice actor allegedly revealed his surname was Harrison in a 2006 magazine interview, although I don't think there's anything in-universe to support that, it works for me, until some higher authority contradicts. No surname for his Japanese name though.

Misty is the reverse. Never given a surname in her English dub, but apparently in the 3rd film reveals the Japanese surname "Yawa" or something.

I have to get around to watching a subtitled version of that with original Japanese audio to confirm. Apparently in the rewrite they took out the bit about her using a surname.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Misty is the reverse. Never given a surname in her English dub, but apparently in the 3rd film reveals the Japanese surname "Yawa" or something.

I have to get around to watching a subtitled version of that with original Japanese audio to confirm. Apparently in the rewrite they took out the bit about her using a surname.

It sounds like some guy who pretended to know Japanese misheard "Na wa Kasumi" (My name is Kasumi) as "Yawa Kasumi". None of the main characters have last names.

Also, this thread is from 2006.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.