• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May's Pokemon

Rainninja

Ninja///Pirate
Does anyone else dislike May's pokemon like Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Eevee. I mean come on this is the third generation why would she have Kanto pokemon?

;munchlax;

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Why?

My good sir, the Kanto Pokemon (especially the starters) are Gods.

I didn't like Squirtle though...because it was uber and annoying. Eevee didn't do much, and Bulbsaur was only around for awhile.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Does anyone else dislike May's pokemon like Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Eevee. I mean come on this is the third generation why would she have Kanto pokemon?

;munchlax;

Do you have any form of common sense whatsoever? She got those Pokemon for FR/LG advertising, especially Bulbasaur/Squirtle.

Eevee...was probably meant to foreshadow a D/P Poke, but something went wrong along the way.

Seriously, what would compel you to make such a thread like this? You couldn't figure this out on your own and need someone like me to break it down for you?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You're on a Pokemon forum, you know games called FR/LG came out for the GBA after R/S did.

Is it really hard to put two and two together? If those games were never made, May wouldn't have gotten Kanto Pokemon.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Wow Cybercubed, you are his rainbow on a cloudy day. =D

Rainninja: I see that you like to judge things on your own biased views, thats fine. Just that there is no need to advertise it around the forum.

Last edited:

Rainninja

Ninja///Pirate
Yes I have one. But why couldn't she jsut have R/S pokemon that game was out too? I didn't make this thread to be rudely confronted.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yes I have one. But why couldn't she jsut have R/S pokemon that game was out too? I didn't make this thread to be rudely confronted.

She got three Hoenn Pokemon. She got Bulbasaur roughly the same week FR/LG came out in Japan.

She got Squirtle after that, and Eevee, as I said, was meant to advertise D/P like Munchlax but something went wrong.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
He is trying to rudely confront you so that you would learn instead of posting something as hideously pointless again.

And I don't know what to do with your theory. If they just leave Haruka with a bunch of Hoenn Pokemon. Fans will just whine about how Kanto Pokemon are not making any appearences.

If that doesn't make sense, I got another one for ya:
Nintendo - God
Satoshi Tajiri - President
Cybercubed - Someone who clearly possesses higher IQ than you.
You - No one.

Deal with it.

Rainninja

Ninja///Pirate
Ok, now I get the whole reason why she got Bulbasaur/Squirtle thanks thats all I wanted to know.

Rainninja

Ninja///Pirate
Kanto made a bunch if apperances it made Pokemon what it was today. Maybe people prefer 3rd generation over the 1st one.

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy
Kanto made a bunch if apperances it made Pokemon what it was today.

I agree, mostly.

Maybe people prefer 3rd generation over the 1st one.

Strange, are you refering to Hoenn, or the 1st gen remakes for Kanto?

Ready your DS' ladies and gentleman, Manaphy arrives at midnight.
Countdown at time of post: 59 min, 30 sec.

JessieB

squirtle is annoying, but the others are fine. theres nothing wrong with her having kanto pokemon. come on, dont you like retro style? lol

octoboy

I Crush Everything
People find squirtle annoying because they hate how a pokemon with an immature personality could beat other pokemon so easily. However, I don't understand why squirtle gets so much hatred, as cute unevolved pokemon have acted surprisingly powerful for quite a while. I've heard that squirtle's learning ice beam randomly bugged some people. I don't see why that would get on people's nerves though.

Also, people think that bulbasaur and squirtle make May's team too much like Ash's especially since she has beautifly, which could be interpreted as her answer to Ash's butterfree. I agree that bulbasaur and squirtle is a little too much of history repeating itself, as the game titles were fire red and leaf green, so she should have gotten charizard. Yes, I know that she already had a fire pokemon, but I still think it's unfair for both the pokemon to get more screentime while charmander evolved so quickly, and got so much less screentime with nothing to make up for it.

As for eevee, I have no idea. I guess there are some people who just hate cute. One must remember that people who watch a show about creatures who fight want to see big powerful creatures, no matter how little sense it makes.

*prepares for a fierce smashing*

the best pokemon that may haves is [spoil]blaziken[/spoil]

EDIT FROM DOGASU: I've added a spoiler tag...if you make a post like this after this Friday, you'll get 4 infracture points per post.

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
Bulbasaur - This thing was going to ready aggravate me, but I lost my anger when I saw the shipping with Satoshi's Bulbasaur. Who can resist that heart?

Squirtle - It made so many stale appeals, I don't even care about it anymore. It barely makes a difference from Satoshi's other than size and contests (big diff).

Eevee - [SPOIL]Even though Haruka left for Johto, I still think her catching it was a vital plot device. Eventually, it'll evolve into some super-Eeveelution not mentioned.[/SPOIL]

EDIT FROM DOGASU: I've added a spoiler tag...if you make a post like this after this Friday, you'll get 4 infracture points per post.