• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[MBC] - Monthly Banner Contest | April 2012 - Voting Thread

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
http://i39.*******.com/2v3myar.png

[MBC] - Monthly Banner Contest
April 2012 Voting Thread

Once again, sorry for the delay. Voting for this contest will end on Sunday the 29th at roughly midday GMT.

Let me once again remind you of the requirements for April 2012.

• Theme: - Eeveelutions
  • Medium: - Banner
  • Specifics: - Banner Size: Maximum height of 220 pixels; Maximum width of 420 pixels.
  • Animation Permitted? - No

Before you cast your votes, though, I must refer you back to the voting rules which can be found towards the end of the first post in this thread.

For the sake of clarity, I ask that you adhere to the following format when placing your votes.

Use this form please.
HTML:
[B]Entry 1[/B] - Brief critique (at the very least, one or two sentences)
[B]Entry 2[/B] - Brief critique (at the very least, one or two sentences)
[B]Entry 3[/B] - Brief critique (at the very least, one or two sentences)
[B]Entry 4[/B] - Brief critique (at the very least, one or two sentences)
[I]I would like to place my vote for[/I] [B]Entry ___[/B] because ____________

I would also like to remind you that if your vote is deemed inadequate because you did not provide critique or did not provide adequate critique for each and every piece, your vote may not be considered valid. Continually spamming or placing invalid votes may result in an infraction, so consider this to be your warning.

Inside the following spoiler you will find the four entries I received. When voting, please ensure you take note of all the rules.

Voting will close at midday (GMT) this Sunday. I will then announce the winner sometime on Sunday night (GMT).

Best of luck to all of the contestants!

ENTRY 1 - No description provided.
1-1.png

ENTRY 2 - No description provided.
2-1.png

ENTRY 3 - "Don't ask what Supremacy has anything to do with the eeveelutions, i just thought it sounded cool."
3-1.png

ENTRY 4 - "I tried to show the possibility of Eevee evolving into the others by the circles around it."
4-1.png

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Unfortunately I was severely disappointed with the number of entries I received this month. To add to this, only four votes were cast last month, which is disappointing. I may be forced to cancel the MBC after May 2012 if the low interest continues in both submitting and voting (and yes I do take some responsibility for not actively promoting it). Just a heads up.

Apart from that, I think that's all so have fun voting.​

~Light

Entry 1 - Bad render, default text, just pasted on a background. Probably made in less then 5 minutes.
Entry 2 - Just all Eeveelutions pasted on a background. The blue & purple don't match the renders at all. But at least the renders are good here.
Entry 3 - I like how the banner is divided into parts each showing an eeveelution. The colors are very boring though, the text doesn't fit and neither does the bevel&emboss effect
Entry 4 - I like this banner, the colors fit, but the renders are bad here too, and the background is just one color. Glaceon is above the text too.
I would like to place my vote for Entry 3 because it's the best banner out of these. I didn't like any of these entries to be honest but I thought I'd vote anyway

Entry 1 - Didn't make a good job on cropping Leafeon. The Text design is boring. Probably done very quickly without that much effort.
Entry 2 - Colors do not mix together greatly. Boring look. No text.
Entry 3 - Woah. Great Eeveelution Pix. Nice colors. Overall outstanding look. Just pure EPICNESS.
Entry 4 - Nice work with the sprites. The BG isn't that great. But its still nice.

I would like to place my vote for Entry 3 because of its awesome looks, nice workmanship, looks "effort--ful", and its EPIC!

Meowth City

Staff member
Entry 1 - The render of Leafeon is terrible, as the white spots are everywhere. Easily noticable is an understatement. The text is default, font and all. The background seems like it was taken straight off from Google Images. Everything looks like it was done in less then a minute and with minimal effort.
Entry 2 - I agree the colors don't exactly go with the renders, however the renders are of good quality. I like the placement of the Eeveelutions, but not so much with Eevee's. Although I do like the background, I feel that it does not go with the renders and it appears that they were simply placed on there and not much else.
Entry 3 - I'm not a fan on the monochrome style you have adopted here. I think it is too dark in some places, particularly on Umbreon and the bevel. The Eevees could have been placed better and, as they are of different art styles, the pics don't really fit together as a whole. The text covers Jolteon's mouth and is difficult to read. I do, however, like the scratch texture used.
Entry 4 - It's really cute, I'll give you that. Certainly a neat idea, however the renders just ruins it. Glaceon and Flareon should have been placed a tad lower and I would have used a better font. The background is too plain.
I would like to place my vote for Entry 2 because out of all the entries, I find this one to be the most visually appealing.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
Entry 1 - Entry 1 is crudely made, because you can see some white specks around Leafeon.
Entry 2 - I like the background, yet it doesn't seem to appeal to the eveelutions.
Entry 3 - This one, i like best, because it shows that they are powerful, even at the little that is shown.
Entry 4 - This is cool, and cute, but thats just it.
I would like to place my vote for Entry 3 because it shows the supremacy of the eveelutions.

Flame Mistress

Entry 1 - This... this is... just... wow... The artist seriously needs to review their banner making style. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but I really think that it's crudely made.
Entry 2 - Really, it's renders stuck onto a background... though the background is nice, it doesn't fit in well with the renders, and it's not that special, though it is slightly appealing.
Entry 3 - Oh, this one's really nice, I like how you - wait, what? No colour? No colour at all? Sorry, but that's a no-no for me. Also, I can't really see the text, and the 3D shape looks a bit weird to me. But it really looks like you put some effort into it, which is nice.
Entry 4 - D'aww, isn't this cute. It's very simple and the renders are a bit scratchy, but I like the colourful state of the banner and the circles around it.
I would like to place my vote for Entry 4 because I find this to be simple yet very appealing.

Mochi10

MEWsic <3
Entry 1 - Well, it's just a render pasted on a background. :/ And the render's quality is terrible. It didn't look like the artist put any effort into it, honestly.
Entry 2 - The background is nice and colorful, but again there's not a lot of effort put into this. The renders are good, though.
Entry 3 - I like how the banner is divided like that. Not a fan of the gray color, though. Also, the text is kind of hard to read in some places, an outline would've helped.
Entry 4 - Just like everyone else said, this is cute and colorful but the renders are rough and the background is plain.
I would like to place my vote for Entry 3 because I believe it's the best of the bunch.

pkmnfn

DW Breeder
Entry 1 - No offense, but it's a very meh banner. It's basically a (not very good) render pasted on another person's image with some basic text overlaid on it.
Entry 2 - Better than the last one, some interesting stuff going on in teh background (how did you make it?). Text would be nice to add some flavor to it.
Entry 3 - Looks suspiciously like the banners at brutaka's shop *looks at brutaka*. Very nice use of TCG art. Maybe outline the text in white? edges were indistinct.
Entry 4 - Very cute, nice use of a good render (did you mak it yourself?). The only thing I don't like about it is that it's missing that hint of "vibrancy". The colors are toned down and it detacts from teh overall appearance
I would like to place my vote for Entry 3 because it has the "power" that other entries lack

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Entry 1 - Brief critique (at the very least, one or two sentences) As stated before, horrible. Dots are visible, which should never happen.
Entry 2 - Brief critique (at the very least, one or two sentences) Very cool background and nice renders. I like the order they are in.
Entry 3 - Brief critique (at the very least, one or two sentences) I love how it's in sections and is unique! Text fits well. The Black and White is very nice.
Entry 4 - Brief critique (at the very least, one or two sentences) Colorful and Cheerful but other than that, meh.
I would like to place my vote for Entry 3 because It is by far the best one in the bunch.

Chidori__O

Entry 1 - Brief critique (at the very least, one or two sentences)Dot dot dot is all i can say. You can see the dots.
Entry 2 - Brief critique (at the very least, one or two sentences) Picture is really good. Like the colours.
Entry 3 - Brief critique (at the very least, one or two sentences) This is a good picture. Show how epic eeveelutions are.
Entry 4 - Brief critique (at the very least, one or two sentences) Isn't that awesome or what? Little baby versions of eevee.
I love all the eeveelutions so this is kinda hard for me.
I would like to place my vote for Entry 3 because it is one of the best ones (showing all the epicness of the eevees).
Number 2 is visually appealing like someone else said however. But my vote is 3.

anastasiar

Time Gear Thief
Entry 1 - The creator really needs to learn how to render (removing the white pixels). That, or get an image that was rendered by someone else. Oh, and the text has a boring font. I'd try to add more effects, soem depth, and a better font.
Entry 2 - Very nicely rendered, and it's quite colorful. However, with that Eevee placed in front of the others, I'd blurred the eeveelutions to add depth. Now, it's nice but, it's flat. I also don't see much of a flow.
Entry 3 - Each "column" of Eeveelutions have a different quality and it looks really odd. It's kinda dull, and the text just looks slapped on. It's a nice font, but black with the dull colors - I'd at least have some outlines text or some text effects.
Entry 4 - It's cute, colorful, but the rendering. The outlines are pixel-ly. Other thank that, some kind of flow was introduced and the text is pretty decent.

I would like to place my vote for Entry 4 because I think it had a better use of flow, colors and text. It's simple, but I think it was very nice.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Thankyou all for voting! It's time to reveal the winner, but first let's look at who made each entry.

1. cooloolcool
2. PikaPal_Lyra
3. BrutakaBlaziken
4. Extroph

The runner-up for April 2012 is Entry #4, Extroph! Well done.

But the winner for this month is Entry #3, BrutakaBlaziken! Congratulations on your win!

And this concludes the MBC for April 2012. I'll be posting the thread for May 2012 on the 2nd of May. :)

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
2nd place? Not bad :3

I tried to put 'Hard Decision' text in mine, but I didn't find a good font or a place for it XD that's why i left it out :p nya~

Brutaka

Ignition
Wee-hee! I win! Nice trys by the other's, weren't too bad all around. Well, I wasn't much for the first, but neither was anyone else.
Thank you to all who voted, its much appreciated.

And btw, that was the first time I did a banner of that type. My new ones do indeed incorporate Text Glows and Bevels.

Thanks for the C & C guys.

Can't wait for the next contest!