1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

[MBC] - Monthly Banner Contest | March 2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Digital Media' started by Zhanton, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Zhanton

Zhanton le quant-à-soi

http://i39.*******.com/2v3myar.png
    [MBC] - Monthly Banner Contest

March 2012

I was definitely pleased with not only the number of entries for the first MBC, but also the quality of the entries. I feel that the timeline worked pretty well, so the same timeline will be used for the second MBC - March 2012.

It is crucial that, if you haven't already done so, you read through the Rules Thread. If you haven't read through it yet, do it right now. If you've already read through the thread, I encourage you to freshen up your memory and have a quick read through it anyway.

Here in Australia, the first of March marks the beginning of Autumn. However, in the northern hemisphere, flowers start blooming and everything springs to life in March, as Spring finally arrives to bring new life.

However, as I mentioned before, I'm not one to pick the typical sort of themes, so I can inform you that the theme is not 'Spring' or 'Flowers' or something lame like that, don't worry.

• Theme: - Monochrome
    • Medium: - Vertical Banner
    • Specifics: - Banner Size: 220 x 410 pixels. You are free to use any renders or other resources of your choice, but your banner must be predominantly in varying tones of one colour of your choice.
    • Animation Permitted? - No

Remember, do not submit your entry as a post; PM it to me using the following form:

HTML:
    [B]Username:[/B] username
    [B]Image Link:[/B] www.image.com
    [B]Description:[/B] If you would like to write a brief description as to how it matches the theme, etc, feel free to do so, but please keep it brief.

I, username, have read through the rules of the Monthly Banner Contest.  [B]Yes / No[/B]

When you send in your banner, you will receive a confirmation PM within three days just confirming that I received your entry. Entries close on Friday March 16th so make sure to get your entries in! It's better to get them in early rather than leaving them until the last minute and forgetting about them.

I think that's about it, so I wish you the best of luck. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM or ask in the thread.

2. ~Light

~Light Well-Known Member

I'll definitely join this one too ! :)

So the theme is basically anything but it has to be monochrome ?

3. Zhanton

Zhanton le quant-à-soi

Yup, that's pretty much it. That, and it's a vertical banner.

4. ~Light

~Light Well-Known Member

Great, never really focused on a vertical banner before, can't wait to try it out.

5. Kamajama

Kamajama Well-Known Member

nice theme :)

6. HarmonySH

HarmonySH Rennaissance Woman

so can we work with warmer/cooler tones, or just use ONE color and work with its values?

7. Zhanton

Zhanton le quant-à-soi

^
    So you're free to work with, for example, multiple tones of green. Hope this clears things up for you; if not, shoot me a PM. ^^

8. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Unusual theme xD am I allowed to put my own drawings in them? nya~

9. ~Light

~Light Well-Known Member

You should read the first post

10. Sweet May

Sweet May o.o

If there's one fad I'm glad died out... it's vertical banners. T__T I'll do my best for this contest! Before midterms attack.

11. Utopian

Utopian faults & feats

i never knew this thread exsisted... i would join but vertical banners arent my thing :/

12. ~Light

~Light Well-Known Member

Just try it out instead of not joining. I've never made vertical banner too, but I'm willing to give it a try

13. Atari

Atari Did it on 'em

I'll definitely be entering this! Hopefully I should have my submission in by this Saturday or Sunday.

14. Kelz

Kelz ____________

I was gonna make an entry, but they just kept turning out awful. I don't think I'll enter this time.

15. ~Light

~Light Well-Known Member

Damn, forgot about this.

But I should be able to make something before Friday, still have to figure out a theme though...

16. Zero Kiryu

Zero Kiryu Poison Master

I've never done monochrome.....
    I had to look it up too xD
    The vertical banner might be hard for me.

17. ~Light

~Light Well-Known Member

Just give it a shot :) A vertical isn't that different from a horizontal banner

18. Thermatic

Thermatic GIMP Geek

I would try this, although the deadline is today and I don't plan on making something just for it to be rejected.

EDIT: Scrap that, I've sent it, hope it was in time.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  19. ~Light

~Light Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the voting have started already?

20. Zhanton

Zhanton le quant-à-soi

Blech sorry I've been really busy and haven't been online much and ajsdhfkjahdfkjsfdh but I'll get the thread up tomorrow (Wednesday) so voting will be extended to Sunday to compensate. Sorry for the delay. :X