• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[MBC] - Monthly Banner Contest | March 2012 Thread

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
http://i39.*******.com/2v3myar.png
[MBC] - Monthly Banner Contest

March 2012

I was definitely pleased with not only the number of entries for the first MBC, but also the quality of the entries. I feel that the timeline worked pretty well, so the same timeline will be used for the second MBC - March 2012.

It is crucial that, if you haven't already done so, you read through the Rules Thread. If you haven't read through it yet, do it right now. If you've already read through the thread, I encourage you to freshen up your memory and have a quick read through it anyway.

Here in Australia, the first of March marks the beginning of Autumn. However, in the northern hemisphere, flowers start blooming and everything springs to life in March, as Spring finally arrives to bring new life.

However, as I mentioned before, I'm not one to pick the typical sort of themes, so I can inform you that the theme is not 'Spring' or 'Flowers' or something lame like that, don't worry.

• Theme: - Monochrome
  • Medium: - Vertical Banner
  • Specifics: - Banner Size: 220 x 410 pixels. You are free to use any renders or other resources of your choice, but your banner must be predominantly in varying tones of one colour of your choice.
  • Animation Permitted? - No

Remember, do not submit your entry as a post; PM it to me using the following form:

HTML:
[B]Username:[/B] username
[B]Image Link:[/B] www.image.com
[B]Description:[/B] If you would like to write a brief description as to how it matches the theme, etc, feel free to do so, but please keep it brief.

I, username, have read through the rules of the Monthly Banner Contest.  [B]Yes / No[/B]

When you send in your banner, you will receive a confirmation PM within three days just confirming that I received your entry. Entries close on Friday March 16th so make sure to get your entries in! It's better to get them in early rather than leaving them until the last minute and forgetting about them.

I think that's about it, so I wish you the best of luck. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM or ask in the thread.

~Light

I'll definitely join this one too ! :)

So the theme is basically anything but it has to be monochrome ?

HarmonySH

Rennaissance Woman
so can we work with warmer/cooler tones, or just use ONE color and work with its values?

~Light

You should read the first post
You are free to use any renders or other resources of your choice, but your banner must be predominantly in varying tones of one colour of your choice.

If there's one fad I'm glad died out... it's vertical banners. T__T I'll do my best for this contest! Before midterms attack.

Utopian

faults & feats
i never knew this thread exsisted... i would join but vertical banners arent my thing :/

Atari

Did it on 'em
I'll definitely be entering this! Hopefully I should have my submission in by this Saturday or Sunday.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
I was gonna make an entry, but they just kept turning out awful. I don't think I'll enter this time.

~Light

Damn, forgot about this.

But I should be able to make something before Friday, still have to figure out a theme though...

Thermatic

GIMP Geek
I would try this, although the deadline is today and I don't plan on making something just for it to be rejected.

EDIT: Scrap that, I've sent it, hope it was in time.

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Blech sorry I've been really busy and haven't been online much and ajsdhfkjahdfkjsfdh but I'll get the thread up tomorrow (Wednesday) so voting will be extended to Sunday to compensate. Sorry for the delay. :X