• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MCXD's Art, Fractals.

MCXD

Sucks at PASBL
MCXD's Fractals + Banner Requests

Inspired by one or two other threads lying around and some hinting from friends, I've decided to create a topic for fractals of my own.

All these fractals have been made with Apophysis 2.08 beta 2, either 3D or standard edition. You can catch all the latest art and updates over at my dA account. Most of these pieces are recent, which is a bad thing since I went on an 18 month art hiatus and only came back recently (about a week ago) so I'm extremely rusty. Hopefully that will improve though :x

Warning, most of these fractals are big (1280x960 and up, 1MB and up) so if large pictures make your browser and/or internet explode, I would proceed with caution.

Have a good day :V

TwoForces.jpg

BerryJuice.jpg

TemporalWaste.jpg

PiercingTheDepths.jpg

BreakingTheDepths.jpg

DestroyTheDepths.jpg

HarmonicNoise.jpg

I also make banner sized fractals on request. If you want me to make you one, just give me the following information:

- Pattern Style, Shape or Theme.
- Banner Size (Bear in mind Sppf's banner size rules, please).
- Color scheme.
- JPEG w/ _____ Colored Background or PNG with Transparent Background.

Example:

- Explosion, Fire.
- 320x146
- Reds, Oranges, Golds.
- JPEG w/ Black Background.

Explosive.jpg

Hope you enjoy the stuff.

Last edited:
It's moved to Fan Art Shops since you got a request thing going on. Is that alright or do you still want to move to Digital Media?

MCXD

Sucks at PASBL
Sweet May said:
It's moved to Fan Art Shops since you got a request thing going on. Is that alright or do you still want to move to Digital Media?

The requests weren't the original point of the thread as much as it was just an extra side thing, but the logic is sound so I'm fine with it here.

Plusle+Minun said:
Could someone explain a fractal?

But they're nice...

To sort of quote from [aka]'s thread:

" A fractal is generally "a rough or fragmented geometric shape that can be split into parts, each of which is (at least approximately) a reduced-size copy of the whole," " - Wikipedia

Since the original definition it has expanded into more of a "Any pattern or shape that is duplicated and created using mathematical statements and equations which can then in turn, be rendered at an infinitely high zoom, often resulting in repeated patterns".

They are those weird patterns you see on the front of math textbooks with the decidedly ugly colour and very little relevance to the subject unless you know what they are.

atlantis_kid99

- Something similar to the rays of light in "Piercing the depth" and also containing soft circles/something similar in "Harmonic Noise"... something nice and soft which gives the feeling of speed and waves at the same time. I don't really have something more specific than that, if you like something else more I'm happy with that too ^^
- Something small, 300 x 150? Not sure about this one.
- Blues, purples, pinks, orange/yellow... soft colours please. Either two or more of the colours I mentioned.
- PNG, I guess.

Lovely work, I've always been a fan of fractals. They're so pretty. Thanks in advance ^^

MCXD

Sucks at PASBL
Atlantis_kid99:

One immediate problem I seem to suffer from: I'm indecisive when making something for someone... so pick which one you like best. If you don't like any, then I'll have another go.

at99_1.png

at99_2.png

at99_3.png

at99_4.png

at99_5.png

at99_6.png

at99_7.png

at99_8.png

at99_9.png

Not all that different from the sample fractal to be honest. 3 groups of 3 fractals. The first set are sharper and more defined, the second has a softer touch as requested and the third set is softened a lot. Since I was a little inconsistent with colors, don't be afraid to say "I like the colors in X but the pattern in Y, can you make it those colors?" too :V

Last note is that they are all transparent PNG as you requested. I'm using the Dark-type serebii skin so they don't look too weird, but other skins' post background may wreak havoc.

Last edited:

atlantis_kid99

Atlantis_kid99:

One immediate problem I seem to suffer from: I'm indecisive when making something for someone... so pick which one you like best. If you don't like any, then I'll have another go.

at99_1.png

at99_2.png

at99_7.png

at99_9.png

Not all that different from the sample fractal to be honest. 3 groups of 3 fractals. The first set are sharper and more defined, the second has a softer touch as requested and the third set is softened a lot. Since I was a little inconsistent with colors, don't be afraid to say "I like the colors in X but the pattern in Y, can you make it those colors?" too :V

Last note is that they are all transparent PNG as you requested. I'm using the Dark-type serebii skin so they don't look too weird, but other skins' post background may wreak havoc.

OMG awesome, thank you <3 these are my faves, I can't seem to decide which ones I like more, lol. Before I was using the Ice skin and they looked pretty good, yeah it does look a whole lot better on the Dark-type. I'll be using these on UPN (since you're an ASBer you probably know what it is) so it won't matter anyway; the main skin is black.

Do you mind if you sharpen last two (in my post) to the level of the first two? I actually think it looks much better sharper, even though the last one still looks awesome with its blue colour scheme. I'm wanting to do something with these on Photoshop (kind of segmented cut-and-paste job), again thanks heaps ^.^

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
omgomgomgfractalsomg

I've recently started making fractals with Apophysis as well, but they're nowhere near as...neat. I still think they're gorgeous little things, but they don't form any particular pattern.

I would love to have your expertise advice on this. Methinks I need to experiment more on the scripting itself.

MCXD

Sucks at PASBL
atlantis_kid99 said:

Do you mind if you sharpen last two (in my post) to the level of the first two? I actually think it looks much better sharper, even though the last one still looks awesome with its blue colour scheme. I'm wanting to do something with these on Photoshop (kind of segmented cut-and-paste job), again thanks heaps ^.^

at99_10.png

at99_11.png

There you go, and thanks.

Yonowaru in Chaos said:
I would love to have your expertise advice on this. Methinks I need to experiment more on the scripting itself.

I can't help you with scripting (that is, the .asc script files which are run using the script play button at the top of the window etc.) but I can help you with some other stuff if you want (if that is what you meant anyway). Just PM me when you're ready, maybe with a sample fractal or two so I can see your "skill level".

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
Nice then. I looked fractals up, so...

I suppose I will request something.

-Stars, nightlike
-320x150
-navy blue, gold, silver
-.PNG with a background like the colour of the sky outside at night.

Thanks!

MCXD

Sucks at PASBL
Plusle+Minun

pm_1.png

pm_2.png

pm_3.png

pm_4.png

The first group I tried to focus on the whole star thing, since I really didn't like my prospects of being able to recreate a starfield like you wanted. Four versions: Zoomed+Noise, Zoomed+Clean, UnZoomed+Noise and UnZoomed+Clean.

Then I was fiddling around and came up with something possibly more along what you wanted:

pm_5.png

pm_6.png

pm_7.png

3 Versions of this one, each progressively becoming sharper, more rotation, and less noise. As with before, don't be afraid to pick features from one fractal for me to apply to another.

EDIT: Note also that I can re-render them on a pure black background if you want. I tend to find that the shade of blue makes them look a little murky (first 4 especially).

Last edited:

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
Ummm...*is overwhelmed*

I like number two...but I want the blue circle thingy to be bigger, so...I'll go with number one. Thanks alot!

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
I likey! The Pierced through depths things is awesome!

3Blazing3Ace3

Live on after Death
I really like the 'fire explosion' example that you made. Can I use it in a banner if I give credit?

- Temporal waste . Can you make it like holy or something. And you dont have to but could you add : You Raise Me Up in the corner.
- Banner Size 320x150
- Color scheme. like gold, light blue and like white or silver. kinda like holy-ish
PNG with Really really black background or maybe a sky blue what ever looks best.

Can you pm me when done with samples

Last edited:

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
Wow these are amazing! Very pretty but slightly eerie too ;)
So what is a fractal used for? Are they those patterns on media players?

;249-d;

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
You already owe me a remix, so I thought I'd annoy you more and request a fractal. >D

- Kec-les (aka Kecleon. Because I'm cool like that.)
- 400x800 (that's the max, right?)
- Greens, mostly, with some red/yellow undertones.
- PNG with Transparent Background