• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ME!ME!ME!: social commentary or WTF Japan video?

ME!ME!ME!

• Total voters

L. Lawliet

Black Ice Trainer
So unless you've been under a rock, you should have seen something on the internet related to the Japanese animated music video ME!ME!ME!. The video follows a young adult through his highly perverse dreams and what they are doing to him(cant link due to major NSFW).

Having watched this video, I believe it symbolizes the obsession with cute girls in modern day anime and manga culture, among others. It shows us that our addictions and fantasies can eat us alive(literally) and consume our lives. sometimes at the cost of loved ones.

I could be totally crazy or have a theory that just might work in helping us understand the meaning of the video..

Useful Links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-KWgP_teoc(youtubers react vid((w/ censoring))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALk7yDWJEtQ(commentary on the video and what it could mean)

Also, if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it where it needs to be.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
It's eating something alright, the Japanese birth rate. Waifus are just too adorable these days that men will rather find ways to interact with them than with real women. People might joke about interacting with your Waifu in Virtual Reality, but it's gonna cause birth rate in Japan to plummet even more.

Vernikova

Champion
It's near midnight, and I'm about to go to sleep, but I just had to watch the uncensored video after reading the OP. I recognized some of the parts from random gifs I had seen before, but this is the first time watching the video itself.

My immediate impression is similar to that of you, OP. I'd have to sleep on what I just saw to give a proper response, but it's certainly not some video that wanted to try and outdo "Anaconda" in 2D.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Um. That was. That was something. Though I do find myself agreeing with the OP while also going wtf a little a bit, though I think the wtf factor was meant to catch the viewers attention.