1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Mean With Envy (392)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Feb 17, 2005.

1. hIrAm

hIrAm Well-Known Member

Haha, just finshed wastching it ..

First of all, go Meowth! Second, hooray for Jynx and Houndoom! Otherwise, it was an okay episode. Not really 'exciting' to watch, but overall, it was good.

2. PDL

PDL disenchanted

ahahahaha Dogasu :D

impressive photoshopping abilites as well, you could make an excellent 4kids editor!

as for the episode itself, it was fine I suppose, though Jynx/Glalie should have done more.

3. Jesse GS the II

Jesse GS the II I was frozen today!

You succeed on a whole lot of levels.

(Of course, the sad part is that 4Kids has mutilated the dub so much in the recent past that I actually believed this for a moment.)

4. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

I did as well. The saddest part is Dogasu is better at editting than 4Kids. I didn't see this episode because I was watching Mutant Donny vs. Leatherhead.

5. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

TBA loves his contest episodes, yes he does :p

In any case, that's one of the better April Fools Day jokes I've seen today. And my word, was it ever easy to trick a number of people into believing it was true until I let them in on the plot.
    But in all seriousness, I wouldn't actually put this sort of thing past any of 4Kids more...well...lets just say 'inept departments'.

6. Thriller

Thriller Its almost time

You sure did fool me Dogasu.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  7. Jesse GS the II

Jesse GS the II I was frozen today!

Dude, it was an April Fools' joke. Take a pill.

8. Thriller

Thriller Its almost time

Wait it was...........................

T_T, I didn't even read the whole thread T_T.

Jesus Christ am I a dumbass or what....

I don't know if I should delete that post or what. Lucky for Dogasu I didn't get to see the episode :D'

The joke was very well done Dogasu, great job.

9. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

LOL Welcome to my world,..but I actually saw the episode first and saw the changes..I came here about to ask if anyone knew what county it showed it with glaelie instead of Jynx. I should have read the notes too

10. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

Dogasu, I was desperate to know what your April Fools Day stunt will be, but this is just amazing! Best ever, without a doubt!

11. ♥Princess Ketchum♥

♥Princess Ketchum♥ #1 Ash Satoshi Lover

I Thought this episode was cool xD

9/10

12. TeddiUrsa

TeddiUrsa Well-Known Member

Being in germany, not being able to watch the US versions of the anime until after a year ( yeah, ONE year after you get them)..I was fooled by it ^^;

Well done, dogasu! maybe you should start working at 4kids? well, I guess even they wouldn´t be so bold to do such a thing...or..wouldn´t they? ^^;

One of the best april fools jokes this year.

13. Kamex

Kamex Team Rocket's rockin

I can't see anything on Bulbagarden or Dogasu's Backpack from here, so what was the joke? Did replace Jynx or something? XD The stage was set up for that one, with the return of Jynx on April Fool's Day.

Anyway, the episode itself was fine. A little rivalry before the Contest, and then we're off. Meowth's Contest routine was fabulous, BTW. And I'm glad Brock (or whoever) thought the statue of Giovanni was familiar.

I'll go with another 7/10.

14. MagicBox

MagicBox xoBcigaM

I was able to catch the beginning of it before I had to turn it off, but let me say, Seeing Jynx again made me a lot happier than I thought it would. I was actually laughing with joy. Too bad we'll never get to see The Cave of Ice.

The joke was that Dogasu said that 4KIDS digitally replaced Jynx with Glalie in every single shot of the episode, which made it seem like Jynx wasn't in the episode at all. He even made some very convincing photoshop images and put them on the page.

Holy crap Dogasu, that was the best AF'sD prank I've seen all year, and I saw a lot. The funny thing is that I even saw some of the episode, but the comparison was so well done that I believed you anyway! I mean, it just sounds like something 4KIDS would do.

Very, very nicely done, and kudos to KWB for finally overcoming their fear.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  15. Kamex

Kamex Team Rocket's rockin

XD Too bad I had to miss the moment when it happened.

16. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Okay, Erika was pretty annoying, but she was pretty funny in this episode. That is a rare thing for me that an annoying person can be likeable at the same time. I like the old-style evil face she does when she confronts May and Joshua. LOL I don't think we've seen one of those since Johto (apart from Team Rocket). It was interesting to see jynx again too. Hopefully we won't hear an uproar about seeing her again in the U.S.

I liked that we got to see a lot of Skitty in this episode. We haven't seen so much of her since she stopped popping out of her pokeball on her own, and I've missed her. At least we've gotten some good moments with her lately, like Skitty getting mad when Munchlax eats all the pokemon food, her performance in the Grand Festival, and this episode. I may not be a cat lover, but I do love Skitty. :) May's appeal in this episode was pretty good.

Team Rocket was also pretty good in this episode. I liked how Meowth decided to participate after he saw a persian, and he did do a pretty good ice sculpture. I liked that Max was impressed. :)

Overall, 8/10.

17. Ashy Boy

Ashy Boy Paul's #1 Rival

What was up the trainer who claims her Persian is better than the rest? What happened to her?

Anyway, most of the episode was OK.

18. Gym Leader Jasmine

Gym Leader Jasmine Well-Known Member

What Happen to the character bio of Toshki and Erika

19. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

May's contest episodes are always very good to watch, it's nice to see May picked up a new rival in this contest even though it's a hue misunderstanding on Erikas part. It's nice to see Skitty in a contest since it rarely gets much screen time compared to Combustken, Beautifly, and Bulbasaur, and it's nice to see that Ash is training for the Hoen League and trying to perfect Snorunt's Ice Beam attack.

20. penngrade6

penngrade6 Banned

I have to agree with Big AL, Alfonso, and Yamato, they should have put Skitty up against Meowth. And man that girl was jeolous, can't she realize May and that other kid are just friends?

Edit: Isn't Pacifalog supposed to be made of logs?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007