• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mean With Envy (392)

Alfonso

Derpgull
Golden Darkness said:
No. Mewtwo was about to, but he was convinced not to.

Gah. I could have sworn that he did. XD My apologies then, for my ignorance. *needs to rewatch Mewtwo Returns*

But my past comments still stand. It was ages ago. Brock only saw him for a few minutes. The statue was made of ice. Would *you* recongise someone you saw only once for a few minutes several years ago if someone was to make an ice statue out of them?

Nope.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I think only Ash escaped the mind wipe because Mewtwo trusted him and considered him a friend.

However, I don't it would humanly possible to recognize an ice statue of person you saw briefly years ago.

W

Wierdo

One thing Golden Darkness. You said that next episode, it would be Erika vs. Jessie, Toshi vs. May, and May vs. Erika. By the pictures, it looks like it will be Erika vs. May, Toshi vs. Jessie, and May vs. Winner of Toshi vs. Jessie.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Hey, we may get our cat fight. *hopes*

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I think Jesse is May's REAL rival. Forget Drew, Jesse has been in every contest, got a Wurmple at the same time, and they have always hated each other. If Drew didn't exist, Jesse would be THE rival for May. One-timers don't count (Yes, Alfonso, even Harley) Too bad the cat fight won't happen. I was hoping for Meowth to kick some serious butt, but fail when having to fight Skitty and he would throw in the towel for his beloved. THEN they'd get blasted off by a double Blizzard from the cat/transfestite duo that is Skitty and Jynx! Hurrah! And, about the Giovanni thing, maybe Brock REALLY is blind...

W

Wierdo

And adding on to the "Brock not recognizing Giovanni" thing, I'm looking at the pictures right now, and if you didn't say that it was a statue of Giovanni, I would have no idea of who it was.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Edward Elric said:
And really, here's MORE proof that the movies don't lead into the TV series if Takeshi didn't even know who Sakaki was after seeing him in the TV Special. >_>
On the contrary. GD got that bit wrong.

Max: Amazing!
Brock: Yes, but somehow I have the feeling I've seen the person in that sculpture somewhere...

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Golden Darkness said May would fight Erika after fighting Toshi, was that seen in the preview for the next episode because I couldn't make it out with the pictures on the main site, just seemed to show the pair-ups for the semi-finals.

Yeah cool to see Meowth in the contest, should be interesting. But we all know Meowth's not actually a great pokémon by any means so no suprise to see it go out early.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
So our buddy Brock remembers him (sort of).

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Wierdo said:
One thing Golden Darkness. You said that next episode, it would be Erika vs. Jessie, Toshi vs. May, and May vs. Erika. By the pictures, it looks like it will be Erika vs. May, Toshi vs. Jessie, and May vs. Winner of Toshi vs. Jessie.
Here are the pair-ups for the next episode, as seen at the end of this one and as missed by Serebii's timed screenshots.

Given that, together with the fact that Skitty was shown caught in a Blizzard-Psychic combo in the preview, the course of events is obvious.

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
Thanks Murg! I'm guessing May beats Toshi and goes up against Erika because of the preview. A shame Meowth doesn't get far... I would LOVE to see a cat-fight!

I think Meowth's appeal was pretty good in the contest. Those carvings from ice looked good. Jesse should've tried him sooner! Maybe after some practice Jesse & Meowth might've gotten somewhere.

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
Murgatroyd said:
On the contrary. GD got that bit wrong.

Max: Amazing!
Brock: Yes, but somehow I have the feeling I've seen the person in that sculpture somewhere...

Ahh... so that's what he said. Hard to determine if Brock did recognize the statue or not just by facial expressions...

M

Maikou

No one has mentioned the fact that this episode (an obviously important one to the plot), includes a Jynx. Will they finally show Jynx in the US when this episode airs stateside? Or will they attempt to explain May's ribbon in dialogue?

Chris

Old Coot
Uh..we already went through so many pages in the speculation thread about Ruujura. Everyone's talked out about her. And the reason for the color change was so 4Kids COULD air it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Maikou said:
No one has mentioned the fact that this episode (an obviously important one to the plot), includes a Jynx. Will they finally show Jynx in the US when this episode airs stateside? Or will they attempt to explain May's ribbon in dialogue?

Yeah, that was the reason behind changing Jynx's skin color in the first place, otherwise it'd still be black.

But the Jynx in the 3rd generation games have purple faces as well. Why was this? I don't think Nintendo would have changed Jynx's face color in the games just for the anime's sake. Maybe the anime just made Jynx purple just to follow the games, like how Rattata became purple in the 2nd generation instead of staying brownish-yellow.

Chris

Old Coot
Ruujura's been purple since the SECOND Gen. o_O Where in the world did you get the idea that Koratta was a different color? It's ALWAYS been purple. And the reason for the change was because this episode is too important to cut out.

Geodude

Another point, the frozen Razor Leaf that we saw in this ep's preview was actually part of Skitty's appeal. Skitty used Assist, which came up with Razor Leaf, then used Blizzard to freeze the leaves, then used Doubleslap to break the pieces of ice.

Ruujura's been purple since the SECOND Gen. o_O Where in the world did you get the idea that Koratta was a different color? It's ALWAYS been purple. And the reason for the change was because this episode is too important to cut out.

Really? But the face of the one in Serebii's pokedex (the G/S/C one) looks black. Either you're wrong, I'm color blind, or Serebii has the wrong pictures. Same with rattata. Its sprite in R/B/Y is kinda gray, but it turns purple in G/S/C. And I don't think it's because they didn't have the color purple back in the first generation, as pokemon like Arbok and Weezing were clearly purple.