• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mean With Envy (392)

Sebok

Banned
I can tell I'm gonna love this! I can tell this girl clearly thinks May is trying to steal her boyfriend and is eager to outdo her so the she can have him all to herself; am I right? But then, I guess you can't blame this girl for being jealous.

Geodude

Sebok said:
I can tell I'm gonna love this! I can tell this girl clearly thinks May is trying to steal her boyfriend and is eager to outdo her so the she can have him all to herself; am I right? But then, I guess you can't blame this girl for being jealous.
That's about right, yeah. But Eriko's totally misinterpreting the situation.

W

Wierdo

As cool as a Meowth-Skitty fight would be, there is no way that a Meowth could beat a Jynx. Besides, it always ends up being a fight between May and Coordinator of the episode if May wins the contest, which she obviously will. And since she's fighting Toshi in the first round, the second round battle is rather obvious.

And it looks like next episode is the return of super Skitty. Lovely.

Chris

Old Coot
frednmethod said:
Really? But the face of the one in Serebii's pokedex (the G/S/C one) looks black. Either you're wrong, I'm color blind, or Serebii has the wrong pictures. Same with rattata. Its sprite in R/B/Y is kinda gray, but it turns purple in G/S/C. And I don't think it's because they didn't have the color purple back in the first generation, as pokemon like Arbok and Weezing were clearly purple.
If you look at Koratta's original Sugimori art, it was always purple. As for Ruujura, Joe has the Japanese sprites of her in GSC. The change was originally made for the US version until Japan started doing it in the games starting with RuSa. The official artwork, however, has changed her skin to purple since the TCG was released in Japan.

J

jynx

Wierdo said:
As cool as a Meowth-Skitty fight would be, there is no way that a Meowth could beat a Jynx. Besides, it always ends up being a fight between May and Coordinator of the episode if May wins the contest, which she obviously will. And since she's fighting Toshi in the first round, the second round battle is rather obvious.

And it looks like next episode is the return of super Skitty. Lovely.
Wooohooo! May's Super Skitty! XDDD

...ridiculous though

If you look at Koratta's original Sugimori art, it was always purple. As for Ruujura, Joe has the Japanese sprites of her in GSC. The change was originally made for the US version until Japan started doing it in the games starting with RuSa. The official artwork, however, has changed her skin to purple since the TCG was released in Japan.

Oh, okay. My bad. And am I the only one who thinks May should have used Beautifly or Combusken instead for the final contest? Of course Skitty has only been in one contest, but battles with Combusken or Beautifly seem to be much cooler for me.

Chris

Old Coot
There's no need to worry. There's still the Grand Festival. :p

J

jynx

What grand festival?

You meant that this is not the final?
--------------------------------------
How long does it take to wait for the guide to come up?

Two weeks? Three weeks? Four weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
jynx said:
What grand festival?

You meant that this is not the final?
...you haven't been paying much attantion to how the Pokémon Contests work in the animé I'm assuming? :p

The Grand Festival is basically the Contest equivelent to the Pokémon League. You need 5 Contest ribbons to be able to participate and compete to win the Robbon Trophy and title of expert Coordinator~
Thats all there is to it really.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Just finished watching the episode. Very interesting, and there were quite a few points that I would have expected those who have seen it to bring up. XD I guess I'm the only one who things little things are important. Anyway, Bad Points first:

1) The animation and drawing style of the episode. Indeed, the Roxanne Episodes Team is back. >.> And it looks like they are doing the next episode too. I mean, seriously. They should save the Best Animation for episodes like these.

2) Toshiko. Or whatever the HELL his name was. I hate him. He's just... such a wimp. I don't see how Eriko-hime could be interested in such a guy. And he's hardly handsome. And what dress sense! Someone get Harley here on the DOUBLE.

Now for the Good Points, and various things I noticed which were good:

1) Eriko! What a uptight little b*tch. I love her. <3 She's like... a female version of me. Obsessive. And delusional. And certainly what I've been looking for in a female character, aside from Roxanne. (Who's my Number One Princess.) Stuck up, jealous and willing to push others aside and grab the glory to make herself look good. AND she even managed to make Jynx look like a good Pokemon. Her gushing over her reminds me of Harley, in some ways.

2) Wow. Is this the first time in AG that Team Rocket have performed their motto *without* the Motto Music playing in the background? Because in this episode they did. (The music used was evil sounding background music. NOT a new Team Rocket Motto Theme. :p)

3) Speaking of the Motto Music... the old one was also played in this episode! Yay! It was played during Jessie's entrance and her appeal with Mewoth, which was awesome. "HELL-O EV-ER-YBODY!" (She so sounded Russian. It's the hat, dammit! The hat!) And interestingly, the Giovanni Ice Statue had him holding a rose. Very interesting. (I mean, it's sooooooooooooo obviously Blueshipping evidence!)

4) Toshiko dying violently. Oh, that didn't actually happen. A pity. ;_;

Oh, and Chimecho went back to because useless. Yey! >.>

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I'm not entirely sure why, but this episode just didn't tend to interest too much at all. It did have its moments scattered throughout, but overall it bored me to a certain extent. And I'm actually a little shocked at that, as I usually find contest episodes, even the customary 'intro to coordinator' ones, to be above average and a lot more enjoyable than most.
I just thought the whole episode kinda progressed really slow and it didn't grab my interest at all.
And the animation was just average at its best, which really made me want to turn away from this one.
Although, when Combusken leap into the sky, slashing Team Rockets balloon...that was pretty damn awesome.
And Skitty & Houndoom's combination of both Fire Spin and ShadowBall looked rather impressive.

On the bright side, Eriko was a pretty cool character. I didn't think much of her character design last week, but I've grown quite used to it. She constantly has a 'I'm so much better than thou' expression slapped across her face, and I really liked that.
Funny that all the Gym Leaders are goody-goody, yet we can have a few contest participants who can be real jerks when it comes to getting their way. Which is good, because this means theres going to be a ruthless battle next Thursday evening.

And of course, Team Rocket were great fun in this episode. I still think that Jessie always seems to pull off the most impressive appeals compared to most of the other trainers taking part, and they're always unique. They usually have a real 'wow' factor to them. Houndoom's appeal was boring, and we've seen similar stuff to Jynx and Skitty's performances before~

Also, I agree with the comment about...um...green-haired-guy-that-Eriko-is-abnormally-obbsessed-with. Hell, even the freakin' random AIPOM KID was a better character than him....infact, the Aipom itself was better than him now that I think about it >.> Man, that Aipom so rocked, with its hand shaped tail and glee-filled smile.

And is it just me, or did Mr.Green-Hair's Houndoom sound almost identical to Fuu's Solrock? o_O;

J

jynx

Gravy said:
...you haven't been paying much attantion to how the Pokémon Contests work in the animé I'm assuming? :p

The Grand Festival is basically the Contest equivelent to the Pokémon League. You need 5 Contest ribbons to be able to participate and compete to win the Robbon Trophy and title of expert Coordinator~
Thats all there is to it really.
:p You're right :p Never knew where to download AG episodes...

Oh I see...

J

jynx

Alfonso said:
Just finished watching the episode. Very interesting, and there were quite a few points that I would have expected those who have seen it to bring up. XD I guess I'm the only one who things little things are important. Anyway, Bad Points first:

1) The animation and drawing style of the episode. Indeed, the Roxanne Episodes Team is back. >.> And it looks like they are doing the next episode too. I mean, seriously. They should save the Best Animation for episodes like these.

2) Toshiko. Or whatever the HELL his name was. I hate him. He's just... such a wimp. I don't see how Eriko-hime could be interested in such a guy. And he's hardly handsome. And what dress sense! Someone get Harley here on the DOUBLE.

>.>
Agree!
The animation in this epi is really bad.
The clothes are badly designed too-____-|||
I can't imagine someone wearing that on the street...

S

Shiny May

First of all, don't double post !! Edit a post.

Secondly, a good ep. Nice to see Meowth in a contest and performing. That's somethign completely different which I like
Also the girl is far more interesting then I expected when I looked at the preview. She trained her Jynx very well.
Also Snorunt was very sweet in this ep with its constant firing ice beams. Gotta love the shot of Ash and his frozen head :D
Overall a pretty good ep and I can't wait to see the next ep!

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Alfonso said:
(She so sounded Russian. It's the hat, dammit! The hat!)
Russian was the last time she wore an outfit like that, as Musashinovich. This time, the name was Musashinski. I'll let you figure out nationality from that.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
You guys have the Coordinators' names all wrong. They're Eriko and Toshiki, not Erika and Toshi.

Geodude said:
Another point, the frozen Razor Leaf that we saw in this ep's preview was actually part of Skitty's appeal. Skitty used Assist, which came up with Razor Leaf, then used Blizzard to freeze the leaves, then used Doubleslap to break the pieces of ice.

What I noticed during the Contest was that Haruka's reaction to Eneko's neko no te attack. She said "Razor Leaf, huh? In that case...", leading me to believe that she's considered every possible attack that neko no te could produce, and has developed strategies around these attacks.

Other random thoughts:

-I'm getting really sick of hearing Ready Go! used in every other episode.

-I love Satoshi's strategy for teaching Yukiwarashi how to perfect its Ice Beam attack. It just consists of him telling Yukiwarashi to use the attack, the pokemon obeys, the attack goes wrong, and then Satoshi says something like "Ah, you still can't control your Ice Beam." He just repeats this process several times throughout the episode, and toward the end I was like "Why don't you try something ELSE!?"

Alfonso

Derpgull
Dogasu said:
You guys have the Coordinators' names all wrong. They're Eriko and Toshiki, not Erika and Toshi.

What I noticed during the Contest was that Haruka's reaction to Eneko's neko no te attack. She said "Razor Leaf, huh? In that case...", leading me to believe that she's considered every possible attack that neko no te could produce, and has developed strategies around these attacks.

Other random thoughts:

-I'm getting really sick of hearing Ready Go! used in every other episode.

-I love Satoshi's strategy for teaching Yukiwarashi how to perfect its Ice Beam attack. It just consists of him telling Yukiwarashi to use the attack, the pokemon obeys, the attack goes wrong, and then Satoshi says something like "Ah, you still can't control your Ice Beam." He just repeats this process several times throughout the episode, and toward the end I was like "Why don't you try something ELSE!?"

About the name mistakes... people obviously didn't listen when Golden Darkness said that the name she was using where what he/she *thought* they were because he/she didn't catch them properly. As for my own mistake... eh, it's only one letter. :p

Say, was it just me, or did Jessie make fun of May's use of 'kamo' in this episode? I could have sworn that she used it at the end of one of her sentences after stealing away Pikachu and Snorunt. Funny how *nobody* paid the slightest bit of attention to it until the Harley episode. XD

Oh, and agreed on the comment regarding 'Ready GO!'. >.> It was cool in the Mawille episode, but... Gah, USE SOMETHING ELSE.

Actually, speaking of music... is it just me, or have they been using some really (It's new.) annoying and crappy music lately that sounds like's it being played on a kid's piano? >.> You know the ones I mean.

Ah, Gravy. Nice to see you agree with me on the subject of Toshiki. (He's not my Official Most Hated Character.) A guy like him needs to know his place... he obviously only views Eriko as a friend, otherwise he wouldn't have been all over May like he was, with all his 'GANBETTE!' and 'YATTA' crap, which he could SEE annoyed his friend. That, and he just plain sucked.