• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mean With Envy (392)

Geodude

Dogasu said:
What I noticed during the Contest was that Haruka's reaction to Eneko's neko no te attack. She said "Razor Leaf, huh? In that case...", leading me to believe that she's considered every possible attack that neko no te could produce, and has developed strategies around these attacks.
Excellent point. I never realized/noticed that.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I too just finished watching this episode, and I'm glad we have a real catfight on our hands for this final ribbon. The rivalry between Eriko and May's perfect, even though Eriko interpreted the whole situation incorrectly, it still builds good suspense for the next episode. You know, I feel sorry for Toshiki, jammed inbetween the two ladies, Eriko doesn't look like she treats him nice at all, keep away from her I say :p

Out of all five contests, I think/hope this is going to be the best of them, the rivalry has set it up brilliantly, can't wait for it to come out in the dub.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Alfonso said:
Ah, Gravy. Nice to see you agree with me on the subject of Toshiki. (He's not my Official Most Hated Character.) A guy like him needs to know his place... he obviously only views Eriko as a friend, otherwise he wouldn't have been all over May like he was, with all his 'GANBETTE!' and 'YATTA' crap, which he could SEE annoyed his friend. That, and he just plain sucked.
Heh, guess we really do have similar tastes in characters ^_^;
And what you said pretty much summed up the reason as to why I didn't like him all that much. Seemed to me like he was, at some points, just going out of his way to get on Eriko's last nerve.
Theres either that explanation, or he's just an oblivious prat who can't see when someone is getting seriously frustrated due to jealousy :p Like I said, even the Aipom was better than him~

Sharpshooter said:
Out of all five contests, I think/hope this is going to be the best of them, the rivalry has set it up brilliantly, can't wait for it to come out in the dub.
I wouldn't count on it being the best, but I'm sure its going to be one hell of a showdown. Jealousy and dislike always tend to bring out a ruthless attitude, and thats definatly a good thing in this case XP

Alfonso

Derpgull
Sharpshooter said:
I too just finished watching this episode, and I'm glad we have a real catfight on our hands for this final ribbon. The rivalry between Eriko and May's perfect, even though Eriko interpreted the whole situation incorrectly, it still builds good suspense for the next episode. You know, I feel sorry for Toshiki, jammed inbetween the two ladies, Eriko doesn't look like she treats him nice at all, keep away from her I say :p

Of course she treats him nicely. She's obsessed with the guy, so unless she's some sort of S+M Queen, I doubt she's one of those people that 'hurts the ones they love'. (Seriously, who the HELL thought up that line? It sucks. Why would you hurt someone you love? And no, don't even *think* of mentioning the school 'thing' where someone bullies a kid they like.) It's just that Toshiki was, quite plainly, all over May, and seemed more supporting of her than his own, perhaps *childhood* friend. And he has the cheek to look embarrassed and do the whole 'Oh golly gee gosh!' look with his hand behind his head. >.>

If anything, Eriko-hime needs to stay the hell away from *him*. Hopefully, he'll break her heart by latching onto some other girl. Maybe the one with the Spheal. He could 'support' her in her time of need. Maybe then Eriko-hime could... go find someone more worthy. Like Aipom Guy. Aipom could even join in! That hand/tail has to have SOME uses... XD

Well, maybe not. :p Kanata maybe. XD *ponders* Like I've said, I coulf imagine her having a crush on Harley.

D

Dephender

Murgatroyd said:
Russian was the last time she wore an outfit like that, as Musashinovich. This time, the name was Musashinski. I'll let you figure out nationality from that.

Actually, it was Musashisky (written Musashisukii), which would make it russian.

I couldn't hear any n in there, and I saw it written as Musashisky at Pokeani as well.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Dephender said:
Actually, it was Musashisky (written Musashisukii), which would make it russian.

I couldn't hear any n in there, and I saw it written as Musashisky at Pokeani as well.

No, you're right. It *was* Musashiski. I was watching it only half an hour ago, so I'm 100% certain. There was no 'n', from what I could tell.

J

jynx

Dogasu said:
You guys have the Coordinators' names all wrong. They're Eriko and Toshiki, not Erika and Toshi.

What I noticed during the Contest was that Haruka's reaction to Eneko's neko no te attack. She said "Razor Leaf, huh? In that case...", leading me to believe that she's considered every possible attack that neko no te could produce, and has developed strategies around these attacks.
Eriko's a nice name :D

neko no te? "Cat's hand"???? What sort of attack is that? o_O|||

J

jynx

Oh I see!
Now I know what Assist is! :D

(by gathering both Cantonese and Japanese information :p)

GoldenNoctowl77

Back in Business!
Dogasu said:
You guys have the Coordinators' names all wrong. They're Eriko and Toshiki, not Erika and Toshi.

I thought it was Eriko, but before I did the guide I heard everyone calling her Erika and it confused me when I watched the episode. I distinctly heard Eriko, but I thought my ears were just deceiving me because of what people were saying. As for Toshiki, I said Toshki, very close :p

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Edward Elric said:
And really, here's MORE proof that the movies don't lead into the TV series if Takeshi didn't even know who Sakaki was after seeing him in the TV Special. >_>
As already noted, Mewtwo Returns wasn't a movie (and there's tons of evidence for lead-ins to the series I have yet to see refuted). This remark from Brock reported by Murgatroyd may be yet another, although the kids also may have seen Giovanni's face in the Pokemon fortune telling episode where they watched Butch and Cassidy speak with him.

The Big Al said:
I think only Ash escaped the mind wipe because Mewtwo trusted him and considered him a friend.
Meowth and Brock, Ash, Misty's speech convinced him that everyone deserved to remember their experiences, who they are and where they come from, so Mewtwo only erased the memories of those who were a threat to him and the spring (the Rocket members).

Mewtwo did however give a special message to Ash that only Ash could hear. ^_^

<><><>

As for Skitty, perhaps it isn't Skitty that is uber, but the ATTACK Assist that is uber. From what we've seen the attack that comes from Assist is always just as strong as when the member of May's team uses it. So perhaps in the anime Assist allows a trainer to in a sense fight with the strength of their entire team in one move on one Pokemon, the only disadvantage being that the move is random. ^_^

So when we see Skitty use Fire Spin or Razor Leaf or Silver Wind it may not be its own power but that of the other Pokemon, after all we've never seen Skitty get tired while using Assist.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Pokemon Fan said:
As for Skitty, perhaps it isn't Skitty that is uber, but the ATTACK Assist that is uber. From what we've seen the attack that comes from Assist is always just as strong as when the member of May's team uses it. So perhaps in the anime Assist allows a trainer to in a sense fight with the strength of their entire team in one move on one Pokemon, the only disadvantage being that the move is random. ^_^
No. I'm pretty sure (or full, as some would see it) of myself when I say that Skitty is uber. It can fly around in red and blue, fire heat beams from its eyes, it's super strong and super fast, and has a large 'S' acrosss its uniform. Skitty, stop using the Action Replay!

J

jynx

GoldenNoctowl77 said:
I thought it was Eriko, but before I did the guide I heard everyone calling her Erika and it confused me when I watched the episode. I distinctly heard Eriko, but I thought my ears were just deceiving me because of what people were saying. As for Toshiki, I said Toshki, very close :p
me too >.<"

Is like...Erika? Impossible. Eriko makes more sense XD

Come to think of it, has Skitty ever assisted a physical attack? It would be cool if we got to see it assisting moves like vine whip or sky uppercut.

V Faction

www.faction.com
frednmethod said:
Come to think of it, has Skitty ever assisted a physical attack? It would be cool if we got to see it assisting moves like vine whip or sky uppercut.
It's a little different, but String Shot is a physical attack. If Vine Whip were to ever come out, I'm just it would act just like String Shot, in that the vines would shoot out of the 'assist bubble'.

As for other kinds of physical attacks, like Quick Attack and Sky Uppercut, I'm pretty sure the bubble is actived, then backtracts into Skitty, powering it up with the move's effects.

J

jynx

ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The animators drew Jynx's b** wrong!!!!!
It's supposed to be pointy upside, and ROUND downside, but they drew it both pointy!!!

ARGH!! I can't go over this!!
*Bangs head*

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
*whine* Omg I wanna see what they're gonna do to the dub of this D:

Toshiki is ****ing hot. That's one more filler boy I wanna do. *needs to make a list*