• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mean With Envy (392)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
IIRC, Jynx's face changed to violet here because some lady complained that Jynx's black face was racist. :/

Alloutℯ

Banned
I was a fan of the shipping triangle. Maybe it's just the irony of how easy it would be to give May her own version of Misty's infamous "someone else" line here, but it does create a refreshing reason for rivalry.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kinagi Town resembled an ordinary beach town, which was a shame given what it looks like in the games. I liked Eriko and Toshiki though, especially Eriko's jealousy when she thought Haruka liked Toshiki. Nyasu getting motivated to help Musashi in the Contest due to a Persian was funny, and I thought Rougela had the best Appeal.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
IIRC, Jynx's face changed to violet here because some lady complained that Jynx's black face was racist. :/

I heard something similar a while back and I think 4Kids or whoever was in charge of editing Jynx's face in this episode did a good job, but I personally didn't find its original face racist since it's just a pokemon. To me the controversy seemed overblown.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, Eriko's whole obsession with Toshiki was slightly unnerving since she seemed too young to be fawning over a boy, especially one who didn't even seem to have romantic feelings for her to begin with.

Daizy

I call you honey
I really liked the bickering between May and Erica and how Erica was thinking that May was seducing Joshua. But they soon got together and became friends, which I really liked.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
I really liked the bickering between May and Erica and how Erica was thinking that May was seducing Joshua. But they soon got together and became friends, which I really liked.

I would've liked if Eriko had kept her bad impression of Haruka even after the Contest, although I guess that might've made her into Harley 2.0.

Joshua and Erika wanting to be the first couple to win a Pokemon Contest as a duo was silly, but I do wonder if Erika had considered if that would be acceptable with the judges and the audience. Oh and once again Ash spent his time outside training Snorunt all while May was competing, but least this time it was just during the preliminaries.

Snorunt should've evolved here so that Ash could fully watch May's Grand Festival
Erika is a ***** about jealousy for her (boyfriend?) unlike Serena because she knows that Ash won't like her if she does that ****. Erika getting jealous over May reminded me of Serena and Miette's rivalry.

vondecayle

Jessie’s performances were always so creative and unique!