• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meat-eating Vs. vegetarianism

Status
Not open for further replies.

??????

That guy.
Meant to =/= forced to. No good argument.
Huh? Nobody is forced to eat anything.

This has been mentioned, and IMO beaten down. Other behaviour that appears in nature is to feed your children food that you have eaten and thrown up, to rape and to eat your mating partner. Nothing we do very often, huh? Once again. Meant to =/= forced to
All of those mentioned behaviors are not natural to humans. They do not apply.

Mentioning what someone else does wrong to justify your own faults is a convenient, but quite pointless, thing to do.
I think you misunderstood me here. This was directed at the argument that the grain grown for cattle can feed people. The problem is the feeding of grain to Cows, not meat eating. Humans have eaten meat for generations and not had such a problem. Morals on that subject are relative.

Haven't we confirmed that omnivorous diets and lacto-ovo-vegetarian diets ca both be just as healthy. Let's just skip the healthiness part.
The main point of the health argument is omnivorous diet is simpler, and more natural for humans. A properly planned Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian with supplements can be as good as an omnivorous diet, but why complicate your life when you could go for the natural, simpler alternative that requires no planning?

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
uggh, no you dont need meat, but seriously, does it matter? every second an animal is getting killed, but whats this!?! ITS NOT ALWAYS HUMANS KILLING THEM. in fact it might be every quater of a second an animal dies. anyways its a natural thing for other animals to eat..other animals. we just make that term worse by killing more then needed, however remember. If you ever think about the animal that died for the meat your about to eat, think about how it would die for no reason if you DIDNT eat it.

Chemicaldude

SomethingUnoriginal
A starving bear would eat me at its first chance. I wouldn't blame him, I would eat him if I was starving too. The point I'm trying to make is that animals eat other animals all the time, no one is out there pouring pig blood on tigers. As a omnivorous human being I'm going to eat meat and vegetables. We just so happen to be smarter than other animals therefore we can domesticate and eat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.