• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Medal Revocation and Steroids

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
So earlier this week I heard an interesting question posed to me, would you rather win an olympic gold, only to have it rescinded later due to use of illegal substances, or never win any medal at all. I'm not quite sure I know the answer to be honest.

I'm not promoting steroids, or encouraging their use in any kind of way, it is a simply, you would/would not and why.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
I'd rather not win than cheat, being a loser is a bit better than being a cheater especially in an event in which you're supposed to test your body's ability to compete, using something to "mutate" it doesn't really prove how strong your body really is by itself.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I don't know how it would benefit me to temporarily win a medal, carrying the guilt that I was cheating, and then to found out and known on the news as someone who cheated to win an Olympic medal. Just having no medal is better than having no friends and no medal.

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Would I rather get caught red-handed and lose my medal, or not have won the medal at all? Is this really a debate?
"It's better to have loved and lost than to have never have loved at all" doesn't really apply because when you lose love, you're not an embarassment for your entire sport and country. And you don't have to deal with the feeling of losing what some people strive for for their entire lives. My opinion.

natie

Mr. F
I thank that spambot for bumping this, so I can post my opinion and increase my precious postcount.

Anyway, ontopic: I would never want to win a medal, only to lose it afterwards and have it made public that I cheated by using steriods and all. I see no point in acting like a winner, just to make other people think you're better than them. (Well, I am better than most people, but that's just because I pretty much always win. Totally legit, too.)

I think steroids are stupid, it doesn't matter if they helped me win. If i did steroids eventually everyone would find out and i would be an outcast and an as*hole. At least if i lost i would still have dignity, however little i would have left.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
If I were an athlete, I'd rather win taking steroids at the risk of getting caught than humiliate myself both by not winning for my country and missing out an sponsorship deal worth $1.4 million.

natie

Mr. F
The humiliation when (yeah, when, not if) you get caught is much bigger than when you don't win and perhaps get in second place or something.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
I would love to win a medal and then have it striped latter. Instant popularty. Someone who wins and then is honest is forgotten. But if you cheat you are famous. No one forgets you. I would make it the largest fiasco ever.

M4zz

Banned
Moreso away form the substance abuse, If a team/athlete is accidentally awarded a trophy/medal, revoking it is highly out of the question, as the judges/presenters fucked up, not them.
Moreso on steriod abuse. Sure why not take it from em. They did nothing honest to deserve it.

posted by ebilly99

I would love to win a medal and then have it striped latter. Instant popularty. Someone who wins and then is honest is forgotten. But if you cheat you are famous. No one forgets you. I would make it the largest fiasco ever.
yeah but the kind of popularity you wouldn't want. People would ridicule you, cussing at the very sight of you and spitting in your face and lighting **** on fire in front of your house. okay maybe not the bad, but still everybody will hate you they won't leave you alone about.

7 tyranitars

ebilly@ then your just an atention-adict :p

and no I don't want that because it does not profit me :p

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Well I mean technically I suppose I could take the steroids, win the medal, and then flee the country, melt the medal and sell the gold before anyone was able to revoke it from me. Hypothetical scenario.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
ebilly@ then your just an atention-adict :p

and no I don't want that because it does not profit me :p

So what. If I spent ten years of my life to win a medal, I better be getting a reality show as well:)

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
(Well, I am better than most people, but that's just because I pretty much always win. Totally legit, too.)
Normally I'd attempt to knock you down a peg for being that smug character, but out of all the pseudo-elitists on this forum, you're the coolest so I'll let that one slide.

So, you'd want to go down in the books as that jerk who could only make it in the real world if he cheated? Not only would you lose your medal, you'd probably lose respect from everyone in the world, and the chance to get a job. Have fun joining the ranks of other jerks in the sports world. You'd probably have 15 minutes of fame, followed by a lifetime as a pariah.

Given that I usually prefer a completely honest approach, I'd rather not win a medal and be happy with the accomplishments I made on my own rather than have a hollow victory via enhancements.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Normally I'd attempt to knock you down a peg for being that smug character, but out of all the pseudo-elitists on this forum, you're the coolest so I'll let that one slide.

So, you'd want to go down in the books as that jerk who could only make it in the real world if he cheated? Not only would you lose your medal, you'd probably lose respect from everyone in the world, and the chance to get a job. Have fun joining the ranks of other jerks in the sports world. You'd probably have 15 minutes of fame, followed by a lifetime as a pariah.

Given that I usually prefer a completely honest approach, I'd rather not win a medal and be happy with the accomplishments I made on my own rather than have a hollow victory via enhancements.
First I would like to comment that this is me being honest. I would like to believe I would do the right thing but lets be honest, to win most of us would do the most extreme thing to win.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
I'd rather win or lose other than taking steroids like a overhyperactive, substancial maniac that cares about winning. And besides, winning isn't everything, so yeah.