1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Media Factory Poll:Which Novel/Manga Do You Want Animated

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by shengar, Feb 25, 2012.

1. shengar

shengar Silent reader

2. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

Sooooooo, does this mean that the 30 selected (including PokeSpe) are likely to be animated or what?

3. Leety

Leety PokeSpe Enthusiast

Things are about to get a lot more amazing.

4. matt0044

If there's a chance for Special to be animated, then I'm gonna be sleeping very well for the next few years.

5. shengar

shengar Silent reader

Well, this poll could make consideration for the animation company seeing how great the potential is. Although it seem the likeliness of getting animated not increase since this is only poll.

Gundam and NisiOisin novel might get it first though *sigh*

6. matt0044

We'll have to wait and see then. The fact that PokeSpe is very high on that poll definitely means something.

7. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

Interesting. If they really turn it into anime, would they start from the beginning or do the current generation (Black & White)?

8. matt0044

Most likely beginning since there's no telling how BW will tie in with past arcs. Better safe than sorry. Plus, this could be a Pokemon Anime that'd focus more on stories that just selling games.

I mean, it's not like the past games don't exist anymore.

9. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Same here.

Now I don't know if this poll increases Special's chance of becoming an anime or not, but if that ever were to happen, I'd be soooo happy.

10. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

This is very interesting. Hopefully it gets animated but I doubt it. If it doe s, it might just replace Ash and friends and they could end it in Unova (he's got 2 badges to go after the next episode). After the league, he comes home, and he gets promoted.

To boot, if Special gets dubbed and brought over here, the kids will get a better taste in anime due to its plot and character development actually being there. This will possibly generated more otakus. Oh God...it can't be. IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Only 5 mentions of it on the forums from when I posted this message. The manga's still going and if the current anime ends how I put it, there would be a lot of time for the anime to catch up to the manga which is great. I would actually watch an adaption of Pokemon Adventures but then comes the Pokemon Company's dubbing...ugh...so...awful...I doubt another company would pick this up and I bet the Pokemon Company would have their mitts on it first. A man can dream that it would turn out like Dragon Ball Z Kai's broadcast in America, a solid dub with a few edits, and DVDs being sold.

Anyways, that's my opinion on it. Don't forget, the N-H-K is watching you.

11. hm... that is pretty interesting.
    I'm kinda more hoping for this to hopefully be an indication for Viz to release the Gen III Pokemon Special books.

12. Blackjack Gabbiani

Blackjack Gabbiani Clearly we're great!

Yeah, that would be more realistic a consequence, I think. Even winning a poll isn't an indication that it WILL get animated, just that the fans want to SEE it animated.

13. ReiZerou

ReiZerou Well-Known Member

Really interesting. I wish that they would make at least a movie. But I'm even more hopeful because Media Factory is working with Pokémon anime since they have been producing nearly all the movies and some Pikachu shorts. They could make a special episode or a short movie out of Pokémon Special.

14. shengar

shengar Silent reader

Yeah that what I think too. This poll will make more consideration for them to create at least, an OVA (Original Video Animation) for Special.
    nad if the OVA somehow have huge success, then it will make them considerate even more to adapt the manga into anime.

15. Maxim

Maxim Retired Pokefan

Cool.

But it won't change anything.

16. matt0044

While a PokeSpe Anime seems impossible with the one we have now, let's remember: A lot of franchises have more than two Anime series. Well, a few have two at a time but there's no real reason for there to be so. Another Anime could mean more merchandise for The Pokemon Company as it could attract younger AND older fans. Sorta like Gundam and a lot of Shonen Anime. So if you ask me, they should go for it. As Miss Valerie Frizzle from The Magic School Bus would say, "you gotta take chance, makes mistakes and get messy!"

17. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. Enlightenment

Agreed. They won't make a anime for Adventures. Part of me thinks its for the best anyway. However I will say it might help the Pokemon Adventures manga sell even more XD I wouldn't mind a movie with the Adventures crew though. That would be nice.

18. matt0044

Jeez, would it be wrong for some of you to be a tad optimistic? I'm not going to say that it's definite that Special will be animated since I'm not a fortuneteller but considering that this poll shows that there are fans who really want it animated means something. And it's a bit late to assume that it won't EVER happen since it's not definite that Special won't be animated. All we can do is speculate.

19. shengar

shengar Silent reader

Well, It's not a crime hoping for at least Special OVA isn't it? ;)

20. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. Enlightenment

There's nothing wrong with wanting a Special anime, but just the same there's nothing wrong with not wanting a anime for Special. I'm fine with it just being a manga. I'm probably fearing the voice casting and how certain characters might sound like...certain other characters, but if they do make a Special anime I would watch it. Like I said it would help the Adventures manga sell even more.

Edit: I would love a Special movie though.