• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Medical stuff you had done

I have had only a few (most have been dental):
  • I was bike riding last October, and hit a guardrail while going down a hill (too fast), slicing my stomach open (4 days and 3 nights in hospital).
  • Ran into treadmill a few years ago, jammed my two front teeth WAY up in there.
  • I got a metal bar (what are those called?) put in my mouth a year ago, but it hurt so much I couldn't eat. It took three days to get an appointment (I was STARVED), but they ended up almost dropping two metal caps in my throat while taking it out.
  • Ear infection, nothing big (the medicine tastes GOOD).
  • Cavity went out Wednesday, hurt like hell.
So what tourture did the doctors put you through?
I'd love to hear it *Uses pain split*!

Last edited:

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
I broke my arm when I was two and a half/three.But,I've had at least two cavities,a chipped tooth that they had to numb once side of the top of my mouth to seal it,and I'm going back in October to get a hole in one of my back teeth filled in.Out of my brother and sister,I always get the medical problems.

Ketaru

No torture at all. I had my annual physical recently, completely covered by my health insurance. The thing is, I'm not even paying for the health insurance. My old employer is paying for it. They fired me in February, yet they're still paying for my health insurance. I get the feeling somebody in Compensation isn't on top of things.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i had my wisdom teeth out and my frenulum lasered off when i was 16. that's probably the most major medical thing ive had. oh and earlier this year i had a gnarly shiner and wore an eyepatch for a couple days after a guy i was with decided to give me a piggyback ride and we fell. i still have a scar but it curves with my (filled-in) eyebrow so you can't see it unless you know it's there.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
The only real things I've had was a lightly sprained ankle from skiing, and a gap between my tooth and my gum. But I nearly got braces though.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
frenulum lasered off

:stare:

I've had a ton of medical crap done but the only ones I feel comfortable mentioning are having my tonsils removed, some teeth pulled (still need to lose my bottom wisdom teeth), a root canal (horrific) and a biopsy through my back.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I hadn't really had anything major done hospital wise. The worst was when I stepped on a glass and cut my foot. The required some stitches when I was 6. It's probably shrug it off nowadays.

I do get a occasional pain in one of the teeth in the back of my mouth. Maybe twice a year, so I might have to do something about that eventually

xEryChan

Demon Child
I broke my collarbone the first day of summer vacation I know =/ and because of that, I had to wear a sling for like three weeks. It wasn't that bad for me, tbh. What just sucked was that I really could do anything. My mom bought me my first Pokemon game and a gameboy and that's when I became hooked on Pokemon. So in a way, I'm glad this happened because I probably would not be here if I never broke my collar bone.

I ended up getting stitches when I was in elementary school and that was by far worse then the broken collar bone.

EDIT: I forgot to add this in. I had my wisdom teeth pulled earlier this year and it wasn't that bad for me because my teeth were not impacted, I just had a cavity in one of my teeth so they had to go. I was probably in more pain before the surgery then after, to be honest.

That's really it for me, I was a very stupid child.

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

Chipped tooth when I was little, and wisdom teeth 1.5 years ago.

The most interesting thing was when I had this thing called osteo-condroma, and basically one in a million people have it. It makes an extra bone grow off of one of your bones, and in my case I had a bone growing out perpendicular to my left femur. Luckily we caught it when I was in fifth grade, and it was just an inch or so long, but it did answer some of my life questions, like what is this nub on my leg, and why am I left-handed, but right-legged?

Missingno.Fan

I scratched my eye on a coat hanger when I was about four or five. It was nothing major, but my parents took me to the hospital anyway. I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 15. Also about a year and a half ago I was hit by a bus while crossing the street, but I was just knocked over and not ran over. That is why I just went to the medical clinic at my school instead of the emergency room.

Grey Wind

I had my tonsils out when I was like twelve and that was probably the biggest medical thing I've had done. I also had a bunch of teeth pulled too from like 11 - 14 (some baby teeth wouldn't fall out or something), and I think the orthodontist said that I'll have to get my wisdom teeth out eventually. :/

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Aside from my glorious chest enhancements (jk!), the only thing I've ever had to get done was getting the area between my fingers stitched up when I was younger. I tripped and the area between my middle and pointer finger made forceful contact with nail that wasn't fully nailed down.

My brother tried to help by pouring rubbing alcohol on it. e____e

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Agh... Pain Split... ow...
I really haven't had any major stuff. I had some cavities, all on baby teeth, and that was about it.
There was one time, though, when I had a tooth coming in but the old one didn't want to come out. They had to yank it out. They decided to give me numbing stuff for around the tooth, but it didn't help when they nearly pulled my head off.
I forget how they did get it out. It might have been butter. It might be because they gave me so much anesthetic that I was knocked out the entire time after that.

-Mother accidentally dropped a plate on my head and a big shard went into my head. I had to get many stitches.
-When i was 3 years old i was jumping on my parent's bed and i fell off and broke my collar bone. Not really familiar with what was done in terms of medical implants/surgery.
-Had my tonsils taken out when i was 4 years old.
-Had my wisdom teeth taken out when i was 17 years old.
-Was tackled in the back after a play had been long over in football in my Senior year. Can't get surgery because a major nerve/artery blocks the disc in my back that was affected. (Luckily doesn't hurt)
-Multiple endoscopy procedures done on me. My GERD has gone down significantly since i lost weight. Basically my reflux was bad because i wasn't eating right/really let myself go. 60 pounds lost later, i don't feel anything abnormal.
-Stabbed in left leg by a gang member at a bar in Tigerland with a machete. His rational in court was, "Rite of Passage." (Hence why i don't go to bars anymore) Luckily it didn't go that deep into my leg and didn't hit any important nerves.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
-Mother accidentally dropped a plate on my head and a big shard went into my head. I had to get many stitches.
-When i was 3 years old i was jumping on my parent's bed and i fell off and broke my collar bone. Not really familiar with what was done in terms of medical implants/surgery.
-Had my tonsils taken out when i was 4 years old.
-Had my wisdom teeth taken out when i was 17 years old.
-Was tackled in the back after a play had been long over in football in my Senior year. Can't get surgery because a major nerve/artery blocks the disc in my back that was affected. (Luckily doesn't hurt)
-Multiple endoscopy procedures done on me. My GERD has gone down significantly since i lost weight. Basically my reflux was bad because i wasn't eating right/really let myself go. 60 pounds lost later, i don't feel anything abnormal.
-Stabbed in left leg by a gang member at a bar in Tigerland with a machete. His rational in court was, "Rite of Passage." (Hence why i don't go to bars anymore) Luckily it didn't go that deep into my leg and didn't hit any important nerves.
OK then... I think I'll take that idea too...

OK then... I think I'll take that idea too...
Yep..doctors definitely love me. I've given them interesting injuries to deal with and i always try to keep a happy face and joke around despite all the pain.

Zora

perpetually tired
-Broke may wrist when I was young (six).
-A diagnosis with various neurological disorders when I was ten years old, to whatever extent a psychiatry is considered 'medical.'
-Fair amount of visits relating to allergies and asthma; in particular because pollen tends to inflame my lungs.
-Wisdom teeth removed when I was... 15 or 16. I forget when. Somewhere around there.

That's about all I can remember. For the most part though, managed to stay away from a lot of physical injuries.