• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Aggron Stall

McDanger

I've seen a lot of teams posted here and a lot of them are bad. Most are people scrambling around with new stuff, ignoring older threats and viable pokemon, or over hyping pokemon, looking at you klefki. While I was no different when the meta first came out, this was on of the first serious teams I made and has been not only the the best 6th gen team I have made to date, arguable now, but has only improved since the ban of deoxys and blaziken, the later of which was a huge pain to the team. This has been one of my favorite teams to date which really says something because I prefer offensive playstyles to stall, and is capable of reversals with the surprising and underrated bulk of mega aggron. While this team has been shelved for a bit, as I said its only gotten better, and will once mega gengar and kanga leave OU.

For the sake of my time i`m going to pass on the teambuilding as it has been mildly changed over the span of a month to make it better.

250px-700Sylveon.png

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Sylveon was one of the last pokemon added, replacing florges with its bigger wishes and higher defense. Sylveon is the main answer to special threats such as latios as well as physical dragons, while being the main resistor to mamoswine. Sylveon's main role is to pass wishes and heal status with heal bell, helping against stall breakers such as mandibuzz, while hyper voice makes use of pixilate for a strong stab. I opted to be physically defensive so sylveon can handle physical dragons easier, as well as mamoswine and other threats i sometimes need it to check such as tyranitar.

250px-485Heatran.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Ancient Power
- Roar
- Toxic

Heatran is one of the original team members playing a key role stopping talonflame as well as charizard Y to a lesser extent, working with sylveon there. Heatran's key role is to spread status namely toxic to slowly wear down walls such as rotom and azumarill that are annoying. Heatran can also spread burns with lava plume stopping fighting and ground sweepers. Ancient Power is to nail talonflame and stop it from boosting on heatran, and also helps with the uncommon volcarona as well as charizard Y. Lastly, roar makes use of the hazards the team stacks, acting as a back up with hippowdon should mega aggron somehow die.

250px-407Roserade.png

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rest
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Roserade has one of the biggest roles on the team, setting up spikes and to a lesser extent toxic spikes. Roserade stops waters from plowing through the team, namely ones named azumarill. Evs are so banded azumarill always 3hkoes roserade at full health allowing it to giga drain and heal some damage and force it out, which also makes the substiute set far less threatening as its often a 4hko with black sludge. Roserade has a nice recovery with rest and natural cure allowing it to last for a while, which helps with its job at hazard stacking.

250px-450Hippowdon.png

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Hippowdon does many things for the team, the biggest two being setting up rocks, and providing weather. Hippowdon is the physical wall of the team, checking big threats such as tyranitar and excadrill with its bulk, while helping to beat annoying threats like mega kanga. This helps beat bulky pokemon with sandstorm negating leftovers, plus helps aggron get in easier with its sp def boost before it mega evolves. Hippowdon works with heatran as a back up phaser should aggron not be able to.

aggron-mega.jpg

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Roar

Mega aggron was how this team was made and the center idea. With its massive bulk, mega aggron seemed like a reliable stall pokemon and with access to rest talk, it seemed like it would be a good phaser. Aggron's set seems odd as dragon tail and roar do the same thing, but i personally like both so i can hit fairies, do damage while phasing out, and get a phasing move 66% of the time with sleep talk. Heavy slam is an option over dragon tail, but I prefer the two phasing moves. With its huge def, i put evs into sp def so aggron has more staying power, especially with filter, allowing aggron to laugh at nearly any attack, even super effective ones.

mandibuzz.jpg

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog/Whirlwind/Knock Off

The vulture rounds off the team as a check to aegislash as well as mega gengar. Because of this, I`m forced to run sp def evs to avoid being 2hkoed by sludge wave. Mandibuzz is does an interesting job, often checking some threats with foul play such as scizor and excadrill on switch ins. Toxic helps wear down threats like heatrans while roost lets me heal off damage. Finally, the last move is a wild card, defog being a nice one as i cant fit a spinner, making other hazard stacking teams annoying, while whirlwind lets mandibuzz phase, or knock off to cripple walls and limit LO wall breakers effectiveness.

Biggest threats to the team are mamoswine, mega kanga, and mega lucario, the later two are threats to any team, but can be played around to a degree. I really dont want to see people suggesting offensive pokemon as this is a stall team, meaning it deals damage passively. Shout outs to Dragonuser for helping me test this, both intentionally and unintentionally, donut and lunar for discussing ideas and optional replacements for the team as well as helping me test, and our banned friend blue harvest for using it on the ladder cause i personally cant stant the stupid that is the ladders, as well as klaus who also tested it early on and showed how bad he is at stall :p

Last edited:

Zachmac

I'm not sure if you'll like what I have to say, so I'll make this clear; I'm not actually making "solid" suggestions. I'm just posting some ideas I thought of that may or may not help in the end.

When I see your threat list, all I can think of are ghost. If it's running Sucker Punch, Kang can't touch one if it's not using an attacking move, and Lucario's Close Combat means nothing to them. Most ghost also carry will-o-wisp, which helps to cripple all three of those, unless Lucario is running Nasty Plot. Jellicent can't reliably handle +2 Lucario at all, since it strips about 80% of it's health at +2, but Sableye and Dusclops can. I understand those two have their flaws, but at least RestTalk is viable again for the second one. Maybe even an Eviolite Doublade if you get desperate, but I don't think you'll need to go that far for something everyone thinks is going to end up banned in end anyway.

I'll also throw it out there that if a stall team finds itself struggling against stat boosters too much that a revenge killer isn't always out of the question. Having one offensive pokemon won't always ruin a stall team. However, if Lucario is the only one giving you troubles, then it's probably not needed.

Rock-Paper-Scizor

The very worst.
Yay, stall! I feel like the troubles you're having with Mega Gengar and Khan will be short lived. If you're having trouble with boosters, maybe switch sylveon for an unaware clefable. It'd play the same role passing wishes while ignoring stat boosts.

McDanger

I'm not sure if you'll like what I have to say, so I'll make this clear; I'm not actually making "solid" suggestions. I'm just posting some ideas I thought of that may or may not help in the end.

When I see your threat list, all I can think of are ghost. If it's running Sucker Punch, Kang can't touch one if it's not using an attacking move, and Lucario's Close Combat means nothing to them. Most ghost also carry will-o-wisp, which helps to cripple all three of those, unless Lucario is running Nasty Plot. Jellicent can't reliably handle +2 Lucario at all, since it strips about 80% of it's health at +2, but Sableye and Dusclops can. I understand those two have their flaws, but at least RestTalk is viable again for the second one. Maybe even an Eviolite Doublade if you get desperate, but I don't think you'll need to go that far for something everyone thinks is going to end up banned in end anyway.

I'll also throw it out there that if a stall team finds itself struggling against stat boosters too much that a revenge killer isn't always out of the question. Having one offensive pokemon won't always ruin a stall team. However, if Lucario is the only one giving you troubles, then it's probably not needed.

if i had someone else to run spikes i`d run gourgeist over roserade, but to do that i`d need to switch aggron for forretress who didnt pull his weight the last time i tried it, or mew over mandibuzz but then i`m aegislash weak. As for a revenger, i dont have to much trouble with boosting sweepers.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
Must say, I like the team. Even though I am not really into heavily defensive teams.
You can sure stall well with this team, but I am wondering who would be your "Star". Yes, Aggron can be a star of a team, but with me being a lover of Offensive Powerhouses... I am just wondering how this team would work.

Klaus™

Banned
:,) i remember this team

Weak to toxic salamence!

Honestly other than ev spreads, theres nothing one can suggest. This team is about as solid as it gets. By trying to beat things such as mega kang you end up shifting the team around. You can try running Air Balloon>leftovers on heatran just to be able to switch in on mamo, but the lefties recovery is really nice. It just puts more pressure on sylveon tho. Pretty nice stall, especially against the bulky offense metagame, which lacks the power to break through. However, toxic salamence weak. You should fix that!

McDanger

:,) i remember this team

Weak to toxic salamence!

Honestly other than ev spreads, theres nothing one can suggest. This team is about as solid as it gets. By trying to beat things such as mega kang you end up shifting the team around. You can try running Air Balloon>leftovers on heatran just to be able to switch in on mamo, but the lefties recovery is really nice. It just puts more pressure on sylveon tho. Pretty nice stall, especially against the bulky offense metagame, which lacks the power to break through. However, toxic salamence weak. You should fix that!

you're just bad, tho not as bad as toxic salamence. Tbh the biggest pain is mega gengar, once thats banned i can go back to physical defensive mandibuzz which helps with mamo to a degree

Rising Star

Certified Boss
Very solid team Mcdanger, theres not much I would change. One thing that I would like to nutpick though is the Roserade set. I'm just wondering, how often do you use both spikes and t-spikes in a game? If I were you, I would probably replace t-spikes with HP ice because you already have toxic on Heatran and Mandibuzz. HP Ice lets you hit things like Sub Toxic Gliscor with taunt which is a gigantic threat to your team, considering your roserade is the only thing that can stop it. It also prevents lando-t from setting up too much with SD. But it's main role is for gliscor. Aside from that, I can't think of much that would give your team trouble. It's well-built and has an answer to every offensive threat I can think of (provided you don't let them set up too much).

McDanger

Very solid team Mcdanger, theres not much I would change. One thing that I would like to nutpick though is the Roserade set. I'm just wondering, how often do you use both spikes and t-spikes in a game? If I were you, I would probably replace t-spikes with HP ice because you already have toxic on Heatran and Mandibuzz. HP Ice lets you hit things like Sub Toxic Gliscor with taunt which is a gigantic threat to your team, considering your roserade is the only thing that can stop it. It also prevents lando-t from setting up too much with SD. But it's main role is for gliscor. Aside from that, I can't think of much that would give your team trouble. It's well-built and has an answer to every offensive threat I can think of (provided you don't let them set up too much).

Ya i dont use toxic spikes to much, so i`ll try that out

McDanger

This might sound odd from me, but how would you deal with taunt and trick users?

both are rare and generally obvious, aggron cant be tricked onto while all my pokemon have an attack move so they arent shut down by taunt

Kitsuneko

I don't see them as being rare as I've seen people carrying one or both on mostly on every team for back up, at least for me I do. Being hit by either will make you force out more switches than you need to and giving the opponent chances to setup, or get walled by something more easily. Without protection, taunting any one of those will seal off 2 or 3 moves. True on not being complete taunt bait, but them being completely passive will not pose much of an offensive threat against bulkier things, especially on stuff that are immune. Maybe a bulky slowbro/slowking with regenerator or oblivious (since it blocks taunts now), slack off/toxic/scald can be an option?

Last edited:
I can't help but ask, why have pokes to set up hazards if you're going to carry a Poke with Defog?

McDanger

I can't help but ask, why have pokes to set up hazards if you're going to carry a Poke with Defog?

Cause i couldnt fit a rapid spinner on the team and against other stall teams it helps, i play aggressively to weaken or remove their hazard stackers then set up mine after defog its a bit troublesome but not much can be done aside from switching aggron for forretress which i would rather not do as i feel aggron provides more support with its bulkk and phasing.

I don't see them as being rare as I've seen people carrying one or both on mostly on every team for back up, at least for me I do. Being hit by either will make you force out more switches than you need to and giving the opponent chances to setup, or get walled by something more easily. Without protection, taunting any one of those will seal off 2 or 3 moves. True on not being complete taunt bait, but them being completely passive will not pose much of an offensive threat against bulkier things, especially on stuff that are immune. Maybe a bulky slowbro/slowking with regenerator or oblivious (since it blocks taunts now), slack off/toxic/scald can be an option?

Except neither help with taunt or trick except slowbro can help on the switch out and there is no spot for them except over like roserade and then i`m weaker to water and electric threats. Anyway the most common taunters are greninja, terrakion, and skarmory all which bar skarmory dont want to stay in on sylveon who would check them, while heatran forces skarmory out, as for trick, the most common user is latios who is handled with aggron and i can use roserade on most and force them to trick back or slowly die from black sludge

Cause i couldnt fit a rapid spinner on the team and against other stall teams it helps, i play aggressively to weaken or remove their hazard stackers then set up mine after defog its a bit troublesome but not much can be done aside from switching aggron for forretress which i would rather not do as i feel aggron provides more support with its bulkk and phasing.

See, that's the only real problem I see right off the bat.
Having to constantly set up your hazards after getting rid of them yourself may get troublesome.
Honestly, I couldn't see throwing Blastoise in in place of Mandibuzz hurting at all. It gets both Rapid Spin and Roar, so it removes their hazards, and only their hazards, and then can proceed to phaze afterwards. Water, is one of the better types your entire team could use. Since it gives your team the good ol' GFW core.
But, that's just me, I suppose.

McDanger

See, that's the only real problem I see right off the bat.
Having to constantly set up your hazards after getting rid of them yourself may get troublesome.
Honestly, I couldn't see throwing Blastoise in in place of Mandibuzz hurting at all. It gets both Rapid Spin and Roar, so it removes their hazards, and only their hazards, and then can proceed to phaze afterwards. Water, is one of the better types your entire team could use. Since it gives your team the good ol' GFW core.
But, that's just me, I suppose.

Ya because blastoise cant stand up to aegislash which is why mandibuzz is on the team. More often then not i use knock off or whirlwind, defog is an option tho but not the best as its counter productive IF you set up your hazards while your opponent does, which its generally easy to tell if they have spikes or not

backwardinduction

When pokebank comes out and defog is used on pokemon like gliscor or togekiss on many teams, you may have a rough time focusing your type of stall of entry hazards and phazing. You also don't have a ghost type to block rapid spin, so between that and the imminent defog you may have a rough time against teams that pack a defogger or even a spinner. You could place taunt on mandibuzz to stop an opponents defog, but without a sableye (or cofagrigus or jellicent when bank comes out, or even harvest trevenant or a leech-seed abuse gourgeist), you're going to have a hard time relying so heavily on entry hazards for damage.

I would suggest moving to a style of stall that incorporates leech seed, binding band infestation, and a few prankster pokemon are huge assets for stall teams. I'd suggest whimsicott when it comes out, as it can switch into dragon type attacks with its immunity and use encore on them to force a switch well setting up leech seeds, although ferrothorn, gourgiest, or ludicolo may prove to be better. For infestation, goodra, tentacruel, dusclops, cradily and even muk come to mind as good users.

McDanger

except those are gimmacks at best and i play pokebank, telling the defogger is easy and even if they come in most lose to stealth rocks, best and most common defogger is mandibuzz who is easy to handle, while togekiss is as well only gliscor is annoying and it has to give up toxic heal making it again, easy to handle via toxic

backwardinduction

Leech Seed stall is way more than just a gimmick.

I didn't realize that poison heal and defog would be incompatible on gliscor. And my previous comment on not having a spin blocker is still worth mentioning. Sure you can just reapply your hazards if they are spun or blown away, but that may difficult especially since people might try to set up on you if you do that, allthough the phazing helps with that. I really think a ghost type would round out your team, and because as you said SR kills defoggers, spinners will still be common. I'd suggest trevenant/Gourgeist or Jellicent since their typing lets them switch in and deal with things like starmie, excadrill, tentacruel, etc. Jellicents probably better and the resists a water type provides are really nice for your team, while Trev can EQ tentacruel and excadrill and horn leech starmie and stick around for a while with harvest, whereas gourgeist is bulkier and can beat things like forretress with fire blast. Its just something to consider, but including one of those pokemon could help if you think rapid spin would still be an issue, since people will want some way of countering hazards if they want to use their precious talonflames..

Leech Seed stall is way more than just a gimmick.

it sucks more than toxic Salamence

Anyway, the only issue I see is that when Sylveon has gone down Greninja can just run rampant through this team, dealing severe damage unless Mega Aggron can phaze it out quickly enough (I don't know how much hydro pump deals to aggron). Mandibuzz, now that Mega Gengar is banned, doesn't seem to be doing much aside from Defogging (Your team handles Aegislash well enough as it is), but that role's pretty important so I can't think of much to replace it. Other than that, it beats the common threats of the metagame and has good synergy together. Another good team from mcdanger.