• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Aggron Stall

Cmack102

This may be a tad late, and it may seem like an odd idea, however I ran a very similar M-Aggron set however I ran

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Rock Polish

After using Rock Polish, you're gonna outspeed anything that comes in (Provided you're running a Jolly nature) However this does come with the cost of not being able to hit fairies, as well as having a chance to use Rock Polish instead of D-Tail. I must say, being able to switch out an opponent and slowly kill them with Hazards before they can even hit you, it's pretty fantastic.

Honus

Nice team man, looks like Heatran puts a lot of pressure on you though, and Mega Lucario threatens to sweep after Hippow has taken a bit of damage. I think you would want a Quagsire on the team somewhere, and Sylveon doesn't really want the Def EVs as it's often in need of special bulk to beat a few pokes like Keldeo, Mega Blastoise, Heatran, Non Sludge Wave Gengar and some boosting sweepers. I think Mega Aggron limits the stall a little, but you might be best off with Gourgeist>Roserade and Quagsire Hippowdon to form the Physical Def core along with Mega Aggron and then switch Sylveon to a SpDef version.

Last edited:

RifleAvenger

See you starside
This may be a tad late, and it may seem like an odd idea, however I ran a very similar M-Aggron set however I ran

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Rock Polish

After using Rock Polish, you're gonna outspeed anything that comes in (Provided you're running a Jolly nature) However this does come with the cost of not being able to hit fairies, as well as having a chance to use Rock Polish instead of D-Tail. I must say, being able to switch out an opponent and slowly kill them with Hazards before they can even hit you, it's pretty fantastic.

Having run this team myself (Thanks McDanger!) and some alterations with different teammates, I must say that having 2 phazing moves on ResTalk M-Aggron is what makes the set work. Running down to a 33% chance of actually getting the phaze when you need it in exchange for the possible gimmick of removing dragon tail's negative priority is not worth it. Stall teams play the long game, they require consistency to work right.

Last edited:
Using Heatran is a pretty bad idea. Using legendaries lead to a bad reputation. I would recommend Arcanine with:

Fire Fang
Outrage
Hone Claws
Close Combat (Egg Move)

idk about an item yet.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Using Heatran is a pretty bad idea. Using legendaries lead to a bad reputation. I would recommend Arcanine with:

Fire Fang
Outrage
Hone Claws
Close Combat (Egg Move)

idk about an item yet.

using legends does not give you bad rep at all they are not all over powered. this team is not wifi so a tier system is in place. so the likes of heatran are ou where the likes of normal strong pokes are such as gyrados etc. while the likes of arcanine is uu cause it's not that good.

anyway to the rate.

the team is good and will be even better when the likes of kang, lucs etc are banned. right now there not much to suggest till these are banned. useing knock of on buzz is the best choice out of the 3, It will help a lot against those pokes like rotom who can only get hit by sr but have leftovers to heal.

Thats all I can really say for now until kang etc are banned, right now the best way to help against mano is having full def on buzz but that only helps a bit, it won't solve the problem :/

McDanger

Fire Fang
Outrage
Hone Claws
Close Combat (Egg Move)

idk about an item yet.

rofl legendary pokemon only give a bad rep with morons that cant comprehend tiers and arcanine fails to do anything i need heatran to do

Nice team man, looks like Heatran puts a lot of pressure on you though, and Mega Lucario threatens to sweep after Hippow has taken a bit of damage. I think you would want a Quagsire on the team somewhere, and Sylveon doesn't really want the Def EVs as it's often in need of special bulk to beat a few pokes like Keldeo, Mega Blastoise, Heatran, Non Sludge Wave Gengar and some boosting sweepers. I think Mega Aggron limits the stall a little, but you might be best off with Gourgeist>Roserade and Quagsire Hippowdon to form the Physical Def core along with Mega Aggron and then switch Sylveon to a SpDef version.

thanks honus, i have been thinking of switching to gourgeist for a while but the loss of spikes is annoying, tho most of the time i can win with just a layer of stealth rocks anyway. I was thinking of quagsire a while back and now i do think it will work better then hippo with mega lucario as hippo was more there to help slowly weaken mega kangaskhan more then anyone.