• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bariokie

rock dog
Which was a Legendary and for a movie. Very different from the starters.

Audino is a legendary? I used to kill them all the time because of their EXP.
Guess they do because they are legendary huh..

Ditto24

Are Lunatone/Solrock a given? My imagination for these 2 suck and I can only imagine them bigger.

Mega Milotic, Drapion and Sandslash are my Top 3

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Really hoping for an even more buff, armored and spiky Chesnaught and a broom-riding Delphox.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I could go into deep descriptions of a long list of Pokémon that I would like to get Mega-Evolutions, but I will go for a shorter post here.

Drapion (keep typing, but with higher attack stat, and perhaps more defense)
Hydreigon (with all its weaknesses, it would not seem too powerful)
Volcarona (I would really like this, like others have said, "Sun" version)
Skarmory (perhaps switching around some stats somehow)
Durant (just for the interesting ideas I have for it)
Gliscor (maybe keep Poison Heal?)
Azumarill (more speed please)

I could keep going, but I think I will wait.

Grey Wind

Really hoping for an even more buff, armored and spiky Chesnaught and a broom-riding Delphox.
I never thought of this before. I want it.

I'm not confident we'll be getting a lot of new megas coming initially, but I'd like to see Dragonite, Druddigon, Butterfree and Frosslass (the latter two to go with their counterparts).

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Dragonite won't get a mega until Lance makes a prominent return to the plot, IMO.

If you notice, they're currently saving Champions' signature Pokemon for when they return to the storyline.

We have:
Lance > Dragonite
Steven > Metagross (check)
Cynthia > Milotic
Alder > Volcarona
Cynthia > Gardevoir (check)

Assuming that Mega Evolution lasts all the way to a 5th Gen remake, we'll be waiting for those megas until the champions make a return to the plot.

With that said, there's a chance Lance could be featured in Sun/Moon, given that this is a special anniversary, and this might be the perfect time to feature the Gen 1 champion.

Edit: Derp, make that a Gen 2 champion.

Last edited:

GalaxianEX

Dragonite won't get a mega until Lance makes a prominent return to the plot, IMO.

If you notice, they're currently saving Champions' signature Pokemon for when they return to the storyline.

We have:
Cynthia > Milotic

Pretty sure that Cynthia's signature Pokemon is Garchomp, not Milotic.

We have:
Lance > Dragonite
Steven > Metagross (check)
Cynthia > Milotic
Alder > Volcarona
Cynthia > Gardevoir (check)

Assuming that Mega Evolution lasts all the way to a 5th Gen remake, we'll be waiting for those megas until the champions make a return to the plot.

With that said, there's a chance Lance could be featured in Sun/Moon, given that this is a special anniversary, and this might be the perfect time to feature the Gen 1 champion.

Cynthia's main is Garchomp, and Lance is the Gen II champion.

Edit: Ninjask'd

GalaxianEX

Milotic is more of a main for Wallace.
We might get one when we get Hoenn remak- I mean uhh yeah maybe we'll get a mega dragonite this gen hehe

Keep that hope for DeltaEmerald alive. lol

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Cynthia's main is Garchomp, and Lance is the Gen II champion.

Edit: Ninjask'd

Whoops, you're right. Actually, if Sun/Moon turns out to be the Johto to X/Y's Kanto, then all the more reason to feature Lance, the Gen 2 Champion.

As for Garchomp, well, I still have a feeling that Cynthia will return with a Mega Milotic, but I guess at this point I'm probably wrong.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Mega Cresselia would be perfect as a Pokémon Moon-exclusive. Make it Psychic/Dark, and that would be fantastic.

Not sure about any Pokémon Sun-exclusive ideas, though.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Mega Solrock and Lunatone have to happen it'd be a huge miss opportunity if they didn't.

Would be cool if Kingler and another 5th gen Pokémon got some love.

GalaxianEX

Mega Cresselia would be perfect as a Pokémon Moon-exclusive. Make it Psychic/Dark, and that would be fantastic.

Not sure about any Pokémon Sun-exclusive ideas, though.

Maybe Heatran?

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Milotic is more of a main for Wallace.
We might get one when we get Hoenn remak- I mean uhh yeah maybe we'll get a mega dragonite this gen hehe

Lol, I completely forgot about Wallace. Welp, scratch that theory.

As for a Mega Dragonite, I'm expecting him to gain a Dragon-version Pixilate ability, specifically to abuse ExtremeSpeed.

His stat distribution would probably be balanced, to keep with his motto.

HP: 91
Atk: 169
Def: 110
SpA: 125
SpD: 115
Spe: 90

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I would love a pegasus/alicorn mega for Rapidash.

A feel like a mega Lunatone/Solrock is a given with this, but hey, I'd love to see mega Umbreon/Espeon even though the eeveelutions don't seem likely to get one. Flygon, of course, but I think a mega Noivern would also be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.