• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Top predictions: Butterfree, Slowking, Flygon, Milotic Solrock & Lunatone.

KMetalmind

I personally miss (with "!" my most wanted):
* Mega Butterfree
* Mega Raichu!
* Mega Ditto
* Mega Snorlax!
* Mega Dragonite
* Johto starters
* Mega Xatu!
* Mega Ludicolo
* Mega Wailord!
* Mega Vespiquen
* Mega Cherrim
* Mega Probopass!
* Mega Gigalith
* Mega Whimsicott
* Mega Bisharp
* Mega Volcarona!
* Mega Malamar
* Mega Trevenant!

GalaxianEX

I want Mega Hydreigon... Turn him into Orochi.

unmindful

Poison Pumpkin
Mega Cresselia would be perfect as a Pokémon Moon-exclusive. Make it Psychic/Dark, and that would be fantastic.

Not sure about any Pokémon Sun-exclusive ideas, though.
*whispers Volcarona*
Not exactly a legendary but close enough.

I'm not sure. I don't really want any of my favs' to get Megas because I think they kinda ruin them so Sneasel/Weavile, Flygon (sorry) and Arcanine are out.

I like the idea of giving Megas to less popular Pkmn to raise their status, so maybe Lumineon, Chimecho, Grumpig, Sunflora and so forth. Probably won't happen due to lacking marketability, but one can dream right?

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
How about mega Pikachu?! I'm just kidding. I would love if Flygon could get a mega, as well as Milotic. How about Dedenne? :p We will have to wait and see. :)
Mega Dragonite would be awesome as well, especially with a Pixalate of dragon moves. However, Smogon would probably just ban it, heeh.

Last edited:

Bariokie

rock dog
How about mega Pikachu?! I'm just kidding. I would love if Flygon could get a mega, as well as Milotic. How about Dedenne? :p We will have to wait and see. :)
Mega Dragonite would be awesome as well, especially with a Pixalate of dragon moves. However, Smogon would probably just ban it, heeh.

They could very well provide a way to evolve dedenne in gen 7 o:
I hope they do. It getting a mega and Bonnie having it would be cool.

Going under the assumption that Megas are going to be sticking around for a while, I'll just say that I hope to see these megas that I thought would be cool to happen back when ORAS were the new games:

- Mega Samurott
- Mega Hydreigon
- Mega Wailord
- Mega Rapidash
- Mega Zoroark (this one is actually my newest hope for a mega)

I feel like there's a possibility of having Mega Evolutions removed altogether, similar to trainer customization, because both features heavily tie-in to Gen 6 and its themes and plot.

GalaxianEX

Going under the assumption that Megas are going to be sticking around for a while, I'll just say that I hope to see these megas that I thought would be cool to happen back when ORAS were the new games:

- Mega Samurott

I would love if Mega Samurott when back to standing on its hind legs and is duel wielding shells.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
I feel like there's a possibility of having Mega Evolutions removed altogether, similar to trainer customization, because both features heavily tie-in to Gen 6 and its themes and plot.

Trainer costomization was just a ingame gimmick, just like diving and probaly soaring etc.. Mega Evolution removed altogether just doesn't seem realistic at this point.

Kalosian

So long
On top of my head:
- All starters except maybe the new ones
- Slaking and Regigigas (or at least give them new Abilities to make them less useless)
- Kanto: Rapidash
- Johto: Smeargle, Blissey
- Unova: Haxorus, Klinklang, Zoroark, Chandelure

That was all I could think of for now...

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
Volcarona/sunflora/dragonite and crobat/Krookodile/hydreigon for exclusives, gen 2 megas in the post-game, and another charizard mega because FML.

.Aerodactyl.

Trainer costomization was just a ingame gimmick, just like diving and probaly soaring etc.. Mega Evolution removed altogether just doesn't seem realistic at this point.

Yeah, I think mega evolution is here to stay. Way too many Megas have been released at this point to drop it.

Cradily17

Mega Flygon is pretty much a must. I also wish they would buff some of the Mega Evolutions that already exist though, such as Mega Sceptile. Maybe give him more moves like Earth Power (even Sunkern can learn this!) and Nasty Plot. Give him a better ability like a Dragon version of Gale Wings. Mega Audino is just plain useless. Give her some buffs too. Although knowing Game Freak we'll just get another Mega Evolution for Lucario and Charizard.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Mega Johto starters
Mega Lugia/Ho-oh (Lugia should be Water/something)
Mega Kalos starters
Mega Raichu
Mega Ninetales (Fire/Ghost)
Mega Rapidash (Fire/Flying w/ Aerilate)
Mega Electrode
Mega Marowak (Ground/Ghost w/ Parental Bond)
Mega Sunflora (Grass/Fire)
Mega Luxray (Electric/Dark w/ Strong Jaw)
Mega Drapion
Mega Togekiss
Mega Zebstrika
Mega Galvantula
Mega Xerneas/Yveltal (maybe Xerneas can be Fairy/Grass?)

Not expecting all of these, but around half of this list would be nice.

I would love if Mega Samurott when back to standing on its hind legs and is duel wielding shells.

Exactly what I would like to see it do if it came to be, as well. :)

Trainer customization I wouldn't be surprised to see go at some point since it's ties in to Kalos referencing Paris, but I can't see Mega Evolution getting dropped anytime soon, since it just seems to be a new general battle mechanic.

NeoDude-5000

Mega Flygon (it was going to happen but artist block struck the team)
Mega Dragonite
Mega Tyranitar
Mega Machamp
Mega Luxray
Mega Togekiss
Mega Slaking
Couldn't remember my other guesses

Gen 6 Megas
Mega Diggersby
Mega Florges
Mega Pangoro
Mega Noivern