• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Hopefully the region exclusive Pokemon can get megas this time, along with Beartic, Luxray, Staraptor, as well as a few more of the "cute" Pokemon. Maybe Wigglytuff?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Mega Dunsparce.
Mega Farfetch'd.

I stand by my desires.

Tuoko

Kanto: Butterfree, Fearow, Arcanine, Ninetales, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mew.
Johto: Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Espeon, Umbreon, Ho-Oh, and Lugia.
Hoenn: Mightyena, Solrock, and Lunatone.
Sinnoh: Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Darkrai, and Cresselia.
Kalos: Delphox, Chesnaught, Xerneas, and Yveltal.

Soleli

Anyone else hoping we get Mega Espeon and Mega Umbreon - it would be perfect considering the Sun/Moon Theme

ECM

I think that Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone would be fantastic to have and make sense with the titles of these games. I'm still hoping for a Grass/Fire Mega Sunflora, Mega Jynx, and Mega Raichu, along with some Mega Evolutions for counterparts of existing Mega Pokémon, like Mega Butterfree for Mega Beedrill and Mega Slowking for Mega Slowbro. I'm also hoping for some Gen VI Mega evolutions, especially for the starters! Speaking of starters, I hope they decide to give us Megas for all of them, but I don't think they will do that all at once. I at least hope for Mega Evolutions for the Gen 2 starters.

Mega Gardevoir

The Grand Duchess
A few Megas I would like to see:

Flygon
Goodra
Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Mightyena
Zoroark
Butterfree
Dragonite

Primal:

Dialga
Palkia
Giratina (even though this one is not realistic)
Arceus

Indifferent

Wait... What?
I want far too many to list here, but just the important ones that I feel make sense:

Dragonite - Fairy type
He just looks like a derpy, classical dragon. If any dragon was going to be Fairy, it would be Dragonite.

Luxray - Dark type
Just look at him. He looks more like a Dark type than an Electric type.

Mienshao - Ghost type
Admittedly, this is a bit of a stretch, but I just imagine this pokemon as a mythical kitsune, so this typing just makes sense to me.

But more than anything, my favorite pokemon:

Haxorus - Steel type
He's covered in armor and has an axe for a head. How is he not already a Steel type?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Ash-Greninja is not a Mega.
The "Ash VS Alan" episode begs to differ on that part now.

Because in that episode, it clearly pointed out that the energy released by Greninja while in Ash-Greninja form, is similar to that of a Mega Evolved Pokemon.

Also, Alan himself commented/speculated during the battle that the bond between Ash and Greninja was so strong that they were able to achieve power of Mega Evolution without the need of any stone.

Not only that, but in that particular episode itself, the transformation sequence of Ash-Greninja was quite similar to how a Pokemon change to Mega Pokemon form in the anime.

As for the name, well we have to remember that before they revealed about Mega Evolution, Mega Mewtwo Y (which was revealed before that) was referred as an "Awakened Form" of Mewtwo.

So, Gamefreak referring Ash-Greninja form, as a Mega Evolution later on is still possible.

Last edited:

Ascended Dialga

I am quite sure that Kalos will be included in Sun & Moon in some way, shape, or form; Kalos still has some loose ends waiting to be tied. Knowing the parallels that exist between Kalos and Kanto (Santalune Forest having the same layout as Viridian Forest, getting a Kanto starter, etc.), perhaps Sun & Moon's new region (whether it's Southern Kalos or a brand-new region altogether) will have parallels with Johto? Perhaps the Johto starters will get Mega Evolutions? Here are my Mega Johto starter ideas:

Mega Meganium
Type: Grass
Ability: Oblivious
Mega Stone: Meganiumite
HP: 80
Attack: 82
Defense: 125 (+25)
SpAttack: 113 (+30)
SpDefense: 125 (+25)
Speed: 90 (+10)
BST: 625 (+100)

Mega Typhlosion
Type: Fire/Dark
Ability: Diabolate (This Pokémon’s Normal-type moves become Dark-type)
Mega Stone: Typhlosionite
HP: 78
Attack: 115 (+31)
Defense: 85 (+7)
SpAttack: 145 (+36)
SpDefense: 85
Speed: 126 (+26)
BST: 634 (+100)

Mega Feraligatr
Type: Water/Dragon
Ability: Strong Jaw
Mega Stone: Feraligatrite
HP: 85
Attack: 160 (+55)
Defense: 110 (+10)
SpAttack: 79
SpDefense: 103 (+20)
Speed: 93 (+15)
BST: 630 (+100)

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
I am quite sure that Kalos will be included in Sun & Moon in some way, shape, or form; Kalos still has some loose ends waiting to be tied. Knowing the parallels that exist between Kalos and Kanto (Santalune Forest having the same layout as Viridian Forest, getting a Kanto starter, etc.), perhaps Sun & Moon's new region (whether it's Southern Kalos or a brand-new region altogether) will have parallels with Johto? Perhaps the Johto starters will get Mega Evolutions? Here are my Mega Johto starter ideas:

Mega Meganium
Type: Grass
Ability: Oblivious
Mega Stone: Meganiumite
HP: 80
Attack: 82
Defense: 125 (+25)
SpAttack: 113 (+30)
SpDefense: 125 (+25)
Speed: 90 (+10)
BST: 625 (+100)

Mega Typhlosion
Type: Fire/Dark
Ability: Diabolate (This Pokémon’s Normal-type moves become Dark-type)
Mega Stone: Typhlosionite
HP: 78
Attack: 115 (+31)
Defense: 85 (+7)
SpAttack: 145 (+36)
SpDefense: 85
Speed: 126 (+26)
BST: 634 (+100)

Mega Feraligatr
Type: Water/Dragon
Ability: Strong Jaw
Mega Stone: Feraligatrite
HP: 85
Attack: 160 (+55)
Defense: 110 (+10)
SpAttack: 79
SpDefense: 103 (+20)
Speed: 93 (+15)
BST: 630 (+100)

That Meganium is already bad so why not make its ME bad as well? :'D

Ascended Dialga

That Meganium is already bad so why not make its ME bad as well? :'D

Mega Meganium was a tricky one for me to design. My intention was to turn it into a defensive wall which, in competitive, uses mostly status moves that can't be shut down by Taunt (hence Oblivious). That being said, I decided to give a formidable boost to its defenses. But then again, a boost of some kind to its offenses also seems necessary, so those who pick Chikorita for their casual playthrough will feel as though Mega Evolving it made a difference attacking-wise.

Last edited:

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Mega Meganium was a tricky one for me to design. My intention was to turn it into a defensive wall which, in competitive, uses mostly status moves that can't be shut down by Taunt (hence Oblivious). That being said, I decided to give a formidable boost to its defenses. But then again, a boost of some kind to its offenses also seems necessary, so the kids who pick Chikorita for their playthrough will feel as though Mega Evolving it made a difference attacking-wise.

Always picked Chiko <3 and built teams around it. I admit Mega Meganium would be awesome, but time will tell.

Mega Milotic, Dragonite, Goodra, Flygon, Torterra, and so many more are on ma wish list!

Hasty

Moonside
I'm really hoping for
Mega Jynx
Mega Sunflora (hopefully Grass/Fire with Solar Power and added Fire type move/s)
Mega Slowking
Mega Johto starters
and Mega Diggersby

Akashin

The "Ash VS Alan" episode begs to differ on that part now.

Because in that episode, it clearly pointed out that the energy released by Greninja while in Ash-Greninja form, is similar to that of a Mega Evolved Pokemon.

Also, Alan himself commented/speculated during the battle that the bond between Ash and Greninja was so strong that they were able to achieve power of Mega Evolution without the need of any stone.

Not only that, but in that particular episode itself, the transformation sequence of Ash-Greninja was quite similar to how a Pokemon change to Mega Pokemon form in the anime.

As for the name, well we have to remember that before they revealed about Mega Evolution, Mega Mewtwo Y (which was revealed before that) was referred as an "Awakened Form" of Mewtwo.

So, Gamefreak referring Ash-Greninja form, as a Mega Evolution later on is still possible.

Err, no. Ash Greninja was clearly pointed out to not give any sign of being a Mega Evolution. That it gives off similar energy was a misinterpretation, I believe.

And Word of God is that Ash Greninja absolutely is not a Mega Evolution.

Rakurai

Mega Hydreigon and Flygon are honestly the only two I really want to see.

Oh, how I long for a Flygon mega!

Practically, though, I can see why they didn't...with Garchomp and Salamence getting megas, a mega Flygon likely wouldn't come anywhere close :(

My thoughts are:
Mega Serperior (grass/poison)
Mega Magmortor (more guns pls)
Mega Electivire (Electric/fighting)
Mega Rhyperiror (a tanky beast)
Mega Nidoking/queen
Mega Muk (poison/water More sludge)

I feel these would be great megas
Btw mega flygon....

Volcanion.
Johto starters.
Drapion.
Yanmega (hehe).
Rhydon/Rhyperior.
Dragonite. Only pseudo legendary left from the first four generations to not have a Mega Evolution (no, Flygok is not a pseudo legendary)...
While we're at it, Arcanine.

storm12

Weather Bearer
Sunflorite exclusive to Sun, Ursarite exclusive to Moon.
Given that it's quite likely the champion will use a mega and it's so asked after: Mega Flygon with Sand Force

Status
Not open for further replies.