• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
Here is the lost of pokemon that I think deserve a Mega.

GEN I:

Mega Butterfree (Bug/ Psychic) Beedril gets a Mega. So should Butterfree.
Mega Sandslash (Ground/ Dark)
Mega Marowak (Ground/ Fighting)
Mega Golduck (Water/ Psychic)
Mega Rapidash (Fire/ Fairy)
Mega Ninetales (Fire/ Ghost)
Mega Dragonite (Dragon/ Water)

GEN II:

Mega Typhlosion (Fire/ Dark)
Mega Meganium (Grass/ Fairy)
Mega Feraligatr (Water/ Dragon)
Mega Sunflora (Grass/ Fairy)
Mega Girafarig (Psychic/ Dark)
Mega Dunsparce (Normal/ Dragon)
Mega Granbull (Fairy/ Fighting)
Mega Delibird (Ice/ Flying)
Mega Donphan (Ground/ Steel)

GEN III:

Mega Breloom (Grass/ Fighting)
Mega Delcatty (Normal/ Fairy)
Mega Flygon (Ground/ Dragon)
Mega Zangoose (Normal/ Fighting)
Mega Seviper (Poison)
Mega Solrock (Rock/ Psychic)
Mega Lunatone (Rock/ Psychic)
Mega Milotic (Water/ Fairy)

GEN IV:

Mega Roserade (Grass/ Poison)
Mega Vespiqueen (Bug/ Flying)
Mega Ambipom (Normal/ Fighting)

GEN V:

Mega Krookodile (Ground/ Dark)
Mega Scraftly (Dark/ Fighting)
Mega Cofagrigus (Ghost/ Dark)
Mega Garbodor (Poison/ Steel)
Mega Zororark (Dark)
Mega Eelektross (Electric/ Poison)
Mega Beartic (Ice/ Fighting)
Mega Volcarona (Fire/ Bug)

GEN VI:

Mega Pyroar (Fire/ Dark)
Mega Florges (Fairy/ Grass)
Mega Aromatisse (Fairy/ Flying)
Mega Slurpuff (Fairy/ Ground)
Mega Dragalge (Poison/ Dragon)
Mega Clawitzer (Water/ Electric)
Mega Hawlucha (Fighting/ Flying)
Mega Avalugg (Ice)

Missingno.Fan

Right off of the top of my head I want:
Megas for all the starters
Mega Jynx (Psychic/Ice): looks like a Viking/opera singer. This will make up for the fact that she didn't get a regular evolution in Gen IV.
Mega Yanmega (Bug/Dragon): just because
Mega Flydon (???/Dragon): duh
Mega Dugtrio (Ground)
Mega Victoreebel (Grass/Poison): to make up for the fact that Weepinbell never got a branched evolution.
Mega Dunspace (Normal/Dragon or Normal/Fairy): or a regular evolution
Mega Garborder (Poison/Steel): looks like a dumpster. I'm mainly joking on this one.

giu

Pyroar and Heliolisk shoud keep their types, IMO. There's no other normal/electric or normal/fire, unless they introduce other lines to substitute them.
I'd like a new electric/dragon specie, that's non legendary and not obtnaied by mega. Can be a pseudo-legendary.

Last edited:

Luthor

I think Mega Alakazam will gain a 10 point boost this gen. It's the only one that doesn't gain the full 100 points and eventually it'll gain that boost.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Alright, I do want to see more Pokemon that aren't the most popular ones get some love, and please, please no more Mega Mewtwos and Charizards.

I'd love to see one for the new starters and second generation starters. Why second gen? Well, it would be a nice compliment to what they did in XY, with having the first starters getting it. However, I do wish that all generations saw this.

A few other megas I'd like to see are Mega Arcanine, Mega Luxray, and (of course) Mega Braviary. I think a Mega could help all these Pokemon become very powerful in battle. Also, I am curious for their designs.

However, that's just my two cents.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I think his point was more the fact that it'd be changing a unique typing into one we've had before.. with more focus being on the fact that it's getting rid of a unique type.

It'd need a major design change to become part Dragon, also, I believe.. but I wouldn't mind too much either way, though probably leaning to sticking with Electric/Normal.

Not really, honestly. If A blob of goop can be a Dragon type, then something based off a DIlophosaur/Frilled Lizard certainly can become a part Dragon type.

It really does make a lot more sense than the normal type. I'd definitely rather have him become part Dragon due to normal type only hurting it's typing. Fighting types are everywhere, and most carry Mach Punch, and due to his frail defenses he won't be able to take a hit from one. Giving him Dragon makes him weak to Fairy, Ice, and Dragon, yes, but he also becomes resistant to grass, water, and fire.

I like unique typings, don't get me wrong, but if they can take Surskit and turn him into a boring bug/flying type or Nincada and turn him into a bug/flying type. Then they can turn Heliolisk into an Electric/Dragon type just for his Mega Evolution. He does have the looks and the moves to warrant himself a part dragon type. He's based off an exotic reptile, is in the dragon egg group, and learns dragon pulse and dragon tail. Not many dragon moves, so I suggest if he does receive a part dragon typing if he gets a mega, then his ability should change as a dragon version of Pixilate and Aerilate.

Just my thoughts on Heliolisk.

ShadowForce720

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this in here before, but does anyone else want a Mega Archeops?

Because I think Archeops should get a Mega Evolution so it can finally shed that pointless Defeatist Ability. Here is what I think a Mega Archeops would be like:

Mega Archeops(Rock/Flying)
Ability? I'm not really sure of what ability would be good for it.
Stats:
HP: 75
Attack: 140(+10)->150
Defense: 65(+30)->95
Special Attack: 112(+20)->132
Special Defense: 65(+30)->95
Speed: 110(+10)->120
Base stat total: 667

I think it's only fair that if they give Archeops a Mega though that they also give one to Carracosta and here is how I think it would be like:

Mega Carracosta(Rock/Water)
Ability? I'm not exactly sure as I think there are a good amount of abilities that it could get and benefit from.
Stats:
HP:74
Attack: 108(+10)->118
Defense:133(+10)->143
Special Attack:83(+30)->113
Special Defense:65(+40)->95
Speed:32(+10)->42
Base stat total: 595

Prettiestboy

I'm hoping for Mega Tropius, Flygon, Luxray, Floatzel, and Ninetales! All Pokemon I think are really cool, but aren't as good as they should be ;w;
Well, maybe Luxray, I'm only just using one for the first time replaying Platinum, so I don't know how good/bad it is x3
But the other ones definitely need a boost, and already good or not, I wouldn't complain if Luxray got a mega evo!

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this in here before, but does anyone else want a Mega Archeops?

Because I think Archeops should get a Mega Evolution so it can finally shed that pointless Defeatist Ability. Here is what I think a Mega Archeops would be like:

Mega Archeops(Rock/Flying)
Ability? I'm not really sure of what ability would be good for it.
Stats:
HP: 75
Attack: 140(+10)->150
Defense: 65(+30)->95
Special Attack: 112(+20)->132
Special Defense: 65(+30)->95
Speed: 110(+10)->120
Base stat total: 667

Inb4 Traunt/Slow Start Mega Archeops

rocky505

I'd like Pyroar to gain a Mega Evolution and access to Flare Blitz. That way Moxie would make sense for it...

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Inb4 Traunt/Slow Start Mega Archeops

Oh no

Seriously though, I feel that as long as a Mega-Archeops' stats are not too high, then giving it a more neutral or positive ability would be fine with me.
I mean normal Archeops' stats are feasible with its given ability. If something with a better ability (and less weaknesses) had the same stats, I believe that it would be used more.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I feel like something like Early Bird would be negligivle enough for Archeops. I mean, even without Defeatist, its not gonna be a top tier threat or anything. It really had no right to be pulled down by its Avility. Slaking, at its time, maybe, but even Regigigas has no excuse.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Mega Archeops and 5 goes into 1 defense with 50 in another. Give it a normal ability and fair and balanced.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I hope this mechanic stays dead in Generation VI if it means it still has more priority than multiple cross gen evolutions.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I hope this mechanic stays dead in Generation VI if it means it still has more priority than multiple cross gen evolutions.

Yes cross-gen Evos need to take priority imo.

I mean, I'm fine with Mega Evos, but cross-gen Evos are just. So. Much. Better.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
On the odd topic of current Megas, I expect to see at least one nerf in these games; Secondary effects removed from Parental Bond.

If there is any justice in this world...

Sharpie

Banned
I'm sure Megas for Solrock, Lunatone, and Flygon will happen. Mega Eeveelutions would be really cool, but I kinda doubt it. Maybe they'd all get -ate abilities?

I'd like to see Solrock and Lunatone gain Ice and Fire typings, preferably dropping Rock.

Flygon could be cool as a speedster to contrast with Mega Garchomp. Maybe a Mixed Attacking speedy 'mon with one of Levitate/CompoundEyes/Tough Claws or something,

Mega Torkoal and some more Sinnoh/Unova megas like Luxray, Staraptor, Gastrodon, Skuntank, Toxicroak, Weavile, Yanmega, Galvantula, Eelektross, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Heatmor, Durant, Beheeyem, and Darmanitan would all be awesome to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.