• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cradily17

My mega evolution ideas/wishlist:
Mega Meganium - Grass/Fairy with Pixilate.
Mega Typhlosion - Fire/Ground with Drought.
Mega Feraligatr - Water/Dragon with Strong Jaws.
Mega Dragonite - Dragon/Flying with Aerilate.
Mega Hydreigon - Steel/Dragon with Levitate.
Mega Goodra - Dragon/Poison with Poison Touch.
Mega Torterra with Thick Fat.
Mega Infernape with Iron Fist.
Mega Empoleon with Lightning Rod.
Mega Kingdra with Adaptability.
Mega Haxorus with Tough Claws.
Mega Druddigon - Dragon/Fighting with Rough Skin.
Mega Volcorona with Drought.
Mega Dragalge with Adaptability.
Mega Flygon with Levitate.
Mega Milotic - Water/Fairy with Pixilate.
Mega Tyrantrum with Rock Head.
Mega Aurorus with Refrigerate.
Mega Noivern with Aerilate.
Mega Slaking with Iron Fist.
Mega Archeops with Speed Boost
Mega Carracosta with Filter
Mega Regigigas - Normal/Fighting with Iron Fist.
Mega Mew with Protean
Mega Celebii with Serene Grace
Mega Jirachi with Levitate
Mega Heatran with Filter
Mega Cresselia - Psychic/Fairy with Pixilate
Mega Darkrai - Dark/Ghost with Bad Dreams
Mega Manaphy with Sap Sipper
Mega Lugia Sun - Dragon/Flying with Multiscale
Mega Lugia Moon - Water/Flying with Drizzle
Mega Ho-oh with Drought
Primal Dialga with Filter
Primal Palkia with Tough Claws
Primal Giratina with Adaptability
Mega Reshiram with Levitate
Mega Zekrom with Levitate
Mega Kyurem with Intimidate
Mega Black Kyurem with Tough Claws
Mega White Kyurem with Adaptability

Pretty good, but why Pixilate for all the Fairy type Megas? That seems unoriginal.

MrTharne

We have 46 Pokemon who can Mega. (but 48 Mega total thanks Mewtwo X/Y and "unnecessary, fan-service and favoritism" Charizard X/Y). Not counting Primal here. And this is the division by Gen :

Gen I: 15
Gen II: 5
Gen III: 19
Gen IV: 5
Gen V: 1
Gen VI: 1

And TEN of them are Psychic.

So I'm gonna go with 25 Mega Evo here :

1G :
Nidoking - Nidoqueen
Butterfree
Arcanine

Total : 4

2G :
Starters 2G
Slowking
Crobat
Foretress
Donphan

Total : 7 + 4 = 11

3G :
Slaking (please, pretty please, and no Truant)
Exploud
Milotic

Total : 3 + 11 = 14

4G :
Starters 4G
Staraptor
Luxray
Drapion
Froslass

Total : 7 + 14 = 21

5G :
Darmanitan
Galvantula
Hydreigon

Total : 3 + 21 = 24

6G :
Hawlucha

Total : 1 + 24 = 25

We can get more of 5G and 6G for the next remake or third game of Sun&Moon.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Pretty good, but why Pixilate for all the Fairy type Megas? That seems unoriginal.
I thought it give them better access to Fairy moves if Pixilate converts Normal type moves into Fairy. Not all would have access to Fairy moves in move set, TMs, and move tutors.

PsychoIncarnate

I just want a Mega Exploud and a Mega Porygon-Z

Exploud with Scrappy

IDK, I'd probably give Porygon-Z adaptability or some new ability

Master_Tyrell

I would like a Mega Bellossom just because of the Hawai'i dancer inspiration it sort of looks like it has. I don't think a type change would happen and I wouldn't want to slap on Fairy just to give it something. I think pure Grass is good, although I don't know what ability would be a good one to give it.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I would like a Mega Bellossom just because of the Hawai'i dancer inspiration it sort of looks like it has. I don't think a type change would happen and I wouldn't want to slap on Fairy just to give it something. I think pure Grass is good, although I don't know what ability would be a good one to give it.

That seems likely.

I'd expect a mega exeggutor as it is a palm tree of sorts and you get palm trees in Hawaii. I also want it to be less terrible. Maybe lose the psychic type and thus massive number of wesknesses

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I'd like:

Mega Rhyperior, Ground, Solid Rock, boost SpD and other stats.

Mega Swoobat; Psychic/Flying, Serene Grace, boost SpA and Spe, with a little in both defenses.

Mega Dewgong, Water/Ice, Fur Coat, boost defenses a little, the rest into SpA

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Mega Swoobat; Psychic/Flying, Serene Grace, boost SpA and Spe, with a little in both defenses.

nooooo

If we ever get Mega Swoobat, it HAS to keep Simple. That double Calm Mind boost is so much better than the 60% flinch with Air Slash.

I'm still all for this guy here:

Mega Tropius
Grass/Flying
@Gale Wings
99/60/110/120/120/51

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I'm gonna laugh so hard when this gen introduces no new megas and yall have been wasting your time

why not? I mean for the most parts megas have been well recieved... if they didn't want any new megas... wouldn't they not make new megas in ORAS?

MrTharne

they're not going to just ditch all mega, do you know how many design hours probably went into them?

Probably not as much as contest in 3G (well they got to re-use it for ORAS, they'll just have to re-use Mega in 6G remake). My point is leaving only the mega we have at the moment would be stupid and pretty lame for other pokemon who could use them. So it's all or nothing for me, no middle ground.

I hope the fad called mega evolution remains in gen 6 and the remake of hoe-en.

Yes, I also like Gardenutensil-en.

They're not going to ditch Mega Evolution. It's such a big deal, and is one of the advertising points of Gen VI. If anything, it'll be like Skylanders where they introduce a new gimmick that promptly becomes unimportant, yet usable, in the next game.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
nooooo

If we ever get Mega Swoobat, it HAS to keep Simple. That double Calm Mind boost is so much better than the 60% flinch with Air Slash.

It'd be like Sableye at that point, Calm Mind before Mega Evolving then go crazy, or Mega Evolve that turn because you know they expect you to Calm Mind turn 1, you can get some serious mind games off with that as you can get messed up one way or the other.

sheld999

in Pokmeon sun

Espeon ( daytime reason to get eevee evolved )

sunflora

Lilligant

vileplume

And for Pokemon Moon

umbreon

clefable ( known to be from space )

beheeyem

Nidoqueen

Nidoking

Wigglytuff

delcatty

DannyDiglett

The most obvious mega evolutions for me are Mega...

Slowking (because Slowbro got one)
Froslass (because Glalie got one)
Tropius (it fits the tropical theme of Alola perfectly)
Exeggutor (just like what @fitzy909 mentioned, it could be a sort of palm tree you can find in Hawaii)
Bellossom (the same as Tropius and Exeggutor and it’s partially based on a Hula dancer)
Gen II and IV starters (it’s too early for the gen V and VI starters but I think all the starters eventually get a mega evolution at some point)
Butterfree (because that would fill up the gap of the first row of gen I Pokémon; starters, Beedrill, Pidgeot)
Luxray (I don’t know exactly, but it screams a mega to me)
Lumineon (a tropical fish mega would be great for the Alola and by the way, the only fish-based Pokémon with a mega so far is Sharpedo)
Milotic (it just NEEDS to get a mega, Gyarados got one too, sorry but I can’t stand equality)
Dewgong (maybe a regular evolution first)

and my remaining wishes:
Darmanitan, Gothitelle and Hydreigon (more gen V megas please!)

^Any Gen starters probably aren't happening until each game gets a remake, with the exception of Johto (it already got a remake).

Status
Not open for further replies.