• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Hmm... so something interesting has popped up apparently the plans for pokemon at E3 have been revealed. According to the plans there will be new pokemon and a new system will be revealed. The new system will be called Synchro Mega Evolution. It interestingly lists both mega Ampharos and mega Gengar as synchro mega. Also interestingly it states that Synchro Megas will gain a 5th move slot to use a move.

Looking at it I'm not really sure this is real, it does have a E3 stamp but that could easily be faked. The pokemon mentioned aren't the generically popular ones so that to me honestly gives it a bit more credibility. It also lists new rotom forms seems possible since we are getting a new Rotom pokedex. The new pokemon mentioned are a 50/50 pekpek as mentioned seems like it could be the bird seen in the trailer, and Gigareki has been trademarked. Bowne is the one that seems a bit off.

So yeah take this with a grain of salt, but if it is real apparently the mega evolutions will be renamed to Synchro Mega Evolutions and will be getting a 5th move.

Note: for some reason the board isn't letting me post a URL so can anyone help me with that.

pokemon-matome.net/articles/110420.html

It's pretty easy to fake that stuff, especially presented like this, so I wouldn't hold my breath

Mega Froslass is one of the Megas I want to see most, and I feel pretty confident that we'll see it in these games (as with Butterfree). When the Fairy-type was first revealed before XY's release, one of the Pokemon I instantly thought of getting the type was Mismagius. I know others have recommended it in this thread, too, but I really want to see a Mega Mismagius with the Fairy-type added to it. I'd use it as my Mega for sure. Mega Heliolisk is another one I want to see, but I'm waiting to see if Kalos gets the Unova treatment in SM, meaning it would only get one (Audino in Unova's case) or a few at best. I hope that's not the case, though.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I really hope that, if Synchro Evolution is real, that it isn't implemented in such a way.

It'd basically mean that some normal Pokemon get Megas, which is fine, but then within that group of Megas some of them get Synchro Megas. It'd just be super convoluted and simply power-up already power-upped 'mons.

Psychic69

I really hope that, if Synchro Evolution is real, that it isn't implemented in such a way.

It'd basically mean that some normal Pokemon get Megas, which is fine, but then within that group of Megas some of them get Synchro Megas. It'd just be super convoluted and simply power-up already power-upped 'mons.

On the other hand, we have the possibility of Water/Dragon Mega Gyarados (even though we won't get it because trollfreak), Dark/Fairy Mega Absol or at least a better Mega Absol, Mega Blastoise with Origin Pulse...

XXD17

Draco rex
Hmm... so something interesting has popped up apparently the plans for pokemon at E3 have been revealed. According to the plans there will be new pokemon and a new system will be revealed. The new system will be called Synchro Mega Evolution. It interestingly lists both mega Ampharos and mega Gengar as synchro mega. Also interestingly it states that Synchro Megas will gain a 5th move slot to use a move.

Looking at it I'm not really sure this is real, it does have a E3 stamp but that could easily be faked. The pokemon mentioned aren't the generically popular ones so that to me honestly gives it a bit more credibility. It also lists new rotom forms seems possible since we are getting a new Rotom pokedex. The new pokemon mentioned are a 50/50 pekpek as mentioned seems like it could be the bird seen in the trailer, and Gigareki has been trademarked. Bowne is the one that seems a bit off.

So yeah take this with a grain of salt, but if it is real apparently the mega evolutions will be renamed to Synchro Mega Evolutions and will be getting a 5th move.

Note: for some reason the board isn't letting me post a URL so can anyone help me with that.

pokemon-matome.net/articles/110420.html

If these turn out to be real, which I highly doubt, I don't think the 'mon labelled "browne" is actually referring to Iwanko. I think it's creator intended it to be a combo of "brown" and "nene". The nene is Hawaii's state bird so it would make sense for it to be probable as a 'mon. As for why it's normal/ ground and not flying, the nene is actually a flightless goose. Honestly though, I'm not expecting new megas at E3. In fact, I'm not expecting any big news at all. If we even get one new 'mon, I'd be plenty happy...please reveal a dolphin 'mon...please...we finally have a koala...we NEED a dolphin...

knightwolf09

If these turn out to be real, which I highly doubt, I don't think the 'mon labelled "browne" is actually referring to Iwanko. I think it's creator intended it to be a combo of "brown" and "nene". The nene is Hawaii's state bird so it would make sense for it to be probable as a 'mon. As for why it's normal/ ground and not flying, the nene is actually a flightless goose. Honestly though, I'm not expecting new megas at E3. In fact, I'm not expecting any big news at all. If we even get one new 'mon, I'd be plenty happy...please reveal a dolphin 'mon...please...we finally have a koala...we NEED a dolphin...

Actually, that said Bowne. And since it's ground type, I think it's supposed to be a skeleton.

2dtyplosion

One of my guilty pleasure pokemon is ledyba. Getting a mega ledian with maybe a bug/fighting type would be nice.

Psychic69

Would you guys rather a Mega for Dragonite, Hydreigon, or Goodra? And what type do you think Mega Goodra would be? I think Dragon/Water would make sense, but so would Dragon/Poison. Of course this is trollfreak, so it will probably stay pure Dragon.

I also think that they should bring back the tank concept for Mega Hydreigon, maybe make it Dark/Steel or Steel/Dragon to do something different, but that's probably asking for too much lol. It will probably just grow more heads.

Akashin

If Goodra got a type change at all, Water or Poison make the most sense to me. With that said, GameFreak is not in fact trolling you whenever it fails to deliver on what you personally want or expect. I know it's a sad fact that their developmental process doesn't cater to any one person, but there it is.

I'm lukewarm at best to the idea of a Mega Dragonite, but I'd be happy with either Hydreigon or Goodra getting one.

Zealot

I'd love to see the following get their own megas:

> Eelektross - I've been using it a lot lately. All it needs is a boost in its defenses and speed. Oh and maybe trade switch its attack with its sp. atk. It has a great moveset.
> Dunsparce - There's really no reason for it to have a mega, but there's no reason for it not to have one either.
> Milotic - Popular choice. I hope if it ever gets a ME, its design wouldn't look as crappy as that of its fellow Hoenn Pokemon that got their own ME.
> Sinnoh starters - Three of my fav starters. Very viable in battle, but still could use some boosts.
> Goodra - Maybe boost its p. defense!
> Noivern
> Bouffalant
> Garbodor
> Lunatone and Solrock - Very fitting of the next mainline games' theme

I'd also love to see the following get regular evolutions:

> Druddigon
> Corsola

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I always thought that Suicune should be part Ice due to having several Ice moves in it's move set. Water/Ice with Ice Body. Has strong special attack and special defense stat.

shac

A fun evolution/mega evolution for Hippowdon will be water/ground with Sap sipper for ability. This will nullify its only weakness and make it even a bigger stall threat.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
A fun evolution/mega evolution for Hippowdon will be water/ground with Sap sipper for ability. This will nullify its only weakness and make it even a bigger stall threat.
No weaknesses on an already tanky pokemon would only be fun for the person using it.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
They should give one member of each legendary trio a mega evolution just to mess things up.

Not actually, but suicune and articuno would have amazing megas I bet.

Akashin

They should give one member of each legendary trio a mega evolution just to mess things up.

Not actually, but suicune and articuno would have amazing megas I bet.

While I wouldn't advocate this solely to screw with people, I do wish we could have Megas without being confined to 'keeping things fair' ie. all or none for Eeveelution Megas. Or, as you said, Legendary Megas.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
While I wouldn't advocate this solely to screw with people, I do wish we could have Megas without being confined to 'keeping things fair' ie. all or none for Eeveelution Megas. Or, as you said, Legendary Megas.

yeah fair enough, I didnt really mean to mess with people exactly but you know what I mean, just to mess with the order of how they do things, so I agree with you.
With the eeveelutions they could at least just give them to first trio (jolte/vapo/flare) or any of the pairs that came after instead of them all, in which I'd advocate for the original three. Sylveon is the only one who doesn't need one indefinitely imo.
I wish they'd give each trio master a mega at least though, just so they could really be masters over the trio. If lugia went mega in the second movie the birds wouldn't have stood a chance :p

knightwolf09

Looks like Masuda avoided talking about the stones on the bracelet. If he didn't outright say it was a keystone, that brings suspicion to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.