• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetius

Looks like Masuda avoided talking about the stones on the bracelet. If he didn't outright say it was a keystone, that brings suspicion to me.

Porbably because it's the new feature!
I'm starting to think that synchro evolution will be a thing.
If they'll play it well, it could become an interesting feature!

Mokepon22

Looks like Masuda avoided talking about the stones on the bracelet. If he didn't outright say it was a keystone, that brings suspicion to me.

He wouldn't outright say it was a keystone even if it was a keystone. They're saving this bit of info for later

rocky505

Caterpie being in the Alola Dex gives me hope that Butterfree will get a Mega to go along with Beedrill.

He wouldn't outright say it was a keystone even if it was a keystone. They're saving this bit of info for later

Why would we have the Mega Ring so early though? And as I've said, it's obviously not a Key Stone because it doesn't have the Mega Evolution, and before anyone says 'Pokkén', I'm just going to say 'Spin-Off'.

Caterpie being in the Alola Dex gives me hope that Butterfree will get a Mega to go along with Beedrill.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it. Butterfree really needs one :s

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Why would we have the Mega Ring so early though? And as I've said, it's obviously not a Key Stone because it doesn't have the Mega Evolution, and before anyone says 'Pokkén', I'm just going to say 'Spin-Off'.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it. Butterfree really needs one :s
While the diamond was shown in the trailer, someone pointed out how during an early scene of ORAS in a trailer it showed the player with a Mega Bracelet, which was removed in the final product. So, we could actually not have the diamonds so early on.

Also, I'm gonna say it anyways: Pokken :p . I know it's a spin-off, but that doesn't mean we should automatically cancel it out.

While the diamond was shown in the trailer, someone pointed out how during an early scene of ORAS in a trailer it showed the player with a Mega Bracelet, which was removed in the final product. So, we could actually not have the diamonds so early on.

Also, I'm gonna say it anyways: Pokken :p . I know it's a spin-off, but that doesn't mean we should automatically cancel it out.

Why would a spin-off introduce a mechanic? It's the other way around. Hence why it's not very practical to just shout Pokkén.

The thing is though, we've seen this bracelet both in play and in trailers. And IIRC, Calem and Serena had slightly different arts with and without Mega Rings. We're probably getting these rings early.

clbgolden12

Why would a spin-off introduce a mechanic? It's the other way around. Hence why it's not very practical to just shout Pokkén.

The thing is though, we've seen this bracelet both in play and in trailers. And IIRC, Calem and Serena had slightly different arts with and without Mega Rings. We're probably getting these rings early.
Why would the anime show off Mega Evolutions and (possible) Synchros before the games? GameFreak sometimes does stuff flip-flopped.

And during the Treehouse demo, we don't appear to have that diamond bracelet on.

Why would the anime show off Mega Evolutions and (possible) Synchros before the games? GameFreak sometimes does stuff flip-flopped.

And during the Treehouse demo, we don't appear to have that diamond bracelet on.

Because the anime is a much, much bigger advertisement point than a arcade/Wii U spin off, maybe? Could have something to do with that.

But also, you are right, no bracelet in demo.

Akashin

Where? I've looked through all the pre-release screens we had, and nowhere do I see a Mega Bracelet at a time when we didn't end up having it in-game.

clbgolden12

Because the anime is a much, much bigger advertisement point than a arcade/Wii U spin off, maybe? Could have something to do with that.

Anime is bigger, but the Pokemon Company could've thought that Pokken would be super popular. Or, they planned to release Pokken Tournament for WiiU after Sun and Moon, but ended up releasing it earlier.

Where? I've looked through all the pre-release screens we had, and nowhere do I see a Mega Bracelet at a time when we didn't end up having it in-game.
There were two people who told me about it. However, they couldn't it either.

Regardless, the Sun and Moon protagonist still don't have their bracelets in the Treehouse demo.

knightwolf09

Maybe you get it after beating Hau at the Tapu Koko thing. We never did see what happened afterwards, so maybe that was your reward.

Anime is bigger, but the Pokemon Company could've thought that Pokken would be super popular. Or, they planned to release Pokken Tournament for WiiU after Sun and Moon, but ended up releasing it earlier.

These both rely on TPC being incredibly naive or incredibly stupid. Why would Pokkén come out that early, it's not like it was needed. Also, p. sure GF would stick to formats they'd know would garner attention, especially due to the Wii U's relatively small install base, and thus, smaller Pokkén install base.

clbgolden12

These both rely on TPC being incredibly naive or incredibly stupid. Why would Pokkén come out that early, it's not like it was needed. Also, p. sure GF would stick to formats they'd know would garner attention, especially due to the Wii U's relatively small install base, and thus, smaller Pokkén install base.
True, but it's not like there is any better explanation on what the diamonds are. Synergy Stones resemble the diamonds in shape, color, and theme, and are able to make a Pokemon Mega Evolve. It could be seen as "poor marketing" to originally put it in a spin-off, but it's moreso a tease to what's to come, not flat out putting the ENTIRE feature in Pokken.

goodpeople25

If we get it early (my money is on after the festival, either given or found in the area behind it) my guess is that it will be Alola's answer to the meteorite from ORAS (or maybe Hoenn's was an early introduction to the concept) as in it won't reveal what it does and might change apperance (or at least be mentioned) a few times until later on.
What that reveal is has a number of different possibilities.

On Pokken, I don't really see a connection just a fragment of synergy stone (anne's) that is similar in shape. The shadow synergy stone looks like a significantly different shape.

clbgolden12

If we get it early (my money is on after the festival, either given or found in the area behind it) my guess is that it will be Alola's answer to the meteorite from ORAS (or maybe Hoenn's was an early introduction to the concept) as in it won't reveal what it does and might change apperance (or at least be mentioned) a few times until later on.
What that reveal is has a number of different possibilities.

On Pokken, I don't really see a connection just a fragment of synergy stone (anne's) that is similar in shape. The shadow synergy stone looks like a significantly different shape.
Are you sure it's just a fragment? Literally every image of a Synergy Stone, including Anne's, has the exact same shape.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Mega Jynx - Ice/Psychic with Snow Warnng. Strong special attack and special defense stats. Mega Gigalith with Filter - has strong attack and defense stats. Mega Conkeldurr - Iron Fist with strong attack and defense stats.

goodpeople25

Are you sure it's just a fragment? Literally every image of a Synergy Stone, including Anne's, has the exact same shape.
As said eariler, they call it a fragment in game (well it was when i last checked a couple weeks ago)But to me Anne's is the closest (possibly the only) fit to the bracelet. The images of shadow synergy stones look significantly different in shape to me. (Having issues finding more regular ones) The one in the case thing (or is that the stone it always confuses me) looks quite a bit wider, while the shard (i think) in Mewtwo is completely different in shape.

Zealot

I think Ash-Greninja is a very rare phenomenon specially made for Ash just for the sake of giving him a Pokemon that can evolve a la mega evolve since he has yet to obtain a keystone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.