• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolution Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zealot

I feel like the Pokemon (that haven't gotten Megas before) that were shown in the S/M footage are hinted to get Mega evolution.

Pangoro, Fearow, Milotic, Flygon, Arcanine, Electabuzz (possibly Electivire) among many others.

Lucario, Charizard, Houndour, and etc. were shown before in XY pre-release.

I could be wrong, but I'd love to see a Mega Fearow!!! I wonder how they will make it work if it happens.

And please no more quasi-useless Megas...

knightwolf09

I feel like the Pokemon (that haven't gotten Megas before) that were shown in the S/M footage are hinted to get Mega evolution.

Pangoro, Fearow, Milotic, Flygon, Arcanine, Electabuzz (possibly Electivire) among many others.

Lucario, Charizard, Houndour, and etc. were shown before in XY pre-release.

I could be wrong, but I'd love to see a Mega Fearow!!! I wonder how they will make it work if it happens.

And please no more quasi-useless Megas...

Didn't we think the exact same thing in ORAS and it wasn't true?

Akashin

Didn't we think the exact same thing in ORAS and it wasn't true?

If I recall, several of the Pokemon ORAS made use of in its trailers did get Megas, and that led people to believe that they all would. I'm pretty sure somebody faked a Serebii leak of Mega Shiftry (among others, but that's the one I remember) amidst this confusion.

knightwolf09

If I recall, several of the Pokemon ORAS made use of in its trailers did get Megas, and that led people to believe that they all would. I'm pretty sure somebody faked a Serebii leak of Mega Shiftry (among others, but that's the one I remember) amidst this confusion.

I think Flygon, Milotic, Dusknoir, Shiftry, and I think Walrein were the pokemon in the trailers that people thought were getting megas.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Slaking was in many ORAS trailers. Sadly, it never got a mega. :(

Rapiido

Just hand over the Mega Tropius. It has such a great design, but it needs major stat boosts in everything except HP... or pull a Beedrill and tank one of its attack stats and give it crazy defenses, and a decent Attack/Special Attack stat to be either physical oriented (Leaf Blade, Outrage) or special (Energy Ball, Air Slash), but leave its speed to be a slower, bulkier Mega. Make it either keep its flying typing, or give it Dragon. Then give it Thick Fat to ruin Fire and Ice So:

Grass and Flying/Dragon
Thick Fat
HP: 99
Attack: 18/118
Defense: 133
Sp. Attack: 122/22
Sp. Defense: 137
Speed: 51

I mean the region is the most tropical ever, it would be ridiculous not to give one to the Pokemon with the word tropical in its name.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Mega Slaking - Huge Power with increased attack and defense stats. Mega Spiritomb - Filter with increased attack and special attack stats.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just hand over the Mega Tropius. It has such a great design, but it needs major stat boosts in everything except HP... or pull a Beedrill and tank one of its attack stats and give it crazy defenses, and a decent Attack/Special Attack stat to be either physical oriented (Leaf Blade, Outrage) or special (Energy Ball, Air Slash), but leave its speed to be a slower, bulkier Mega. Make it either keep its flying typing, or give it Dragon. Then give it Thick Fat to ruin Fire and Ice So:

Grass and Flying/Dragon
Thick Fat
HP: 99
Attack: 18/118
Defense: 133
Sp. Attack: 122/22
Sp. Defense: 137
Speed: 51

I mean the region is the most tropical ever, it would be ridiculous not to give one to the Pokemon with the word tropical in its name.

Just curious, how do you justify giving it Thick Fat? Nothing about Tropius' design suggests it has any significant fat, and I can't see it gaining any with its Mega Evolution either.

Mega Slaking - Huge Power with increased attack and defense stats. Mega Spiritomb - Filter with increased attack and special attack stats.

I've always figured if we get a Mega Slaking that it would get some sort of worthless ability, as getting rid of Truant along with the stat boost would make it more than powerful enough by itself. It doesn't need a good ability.

Speaking of Mega Spiritomb, I would love to get one that has a new ability that makes it immune Fairy-Type moves, so Spiritomb can regain it former glory of having no weaknesses.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
What do you guys think about Mega Talonflame?Would it be overpowered?With new abilities like Dazzle introduced,it wouldn't be such a smooth ride for the bird,in my opinion.

Its stats would be something like this:

HP-78
Atk-131
Def-81
SpAtk-84
SpDef-79
Spd-146

131 Attack is not so huge considering the fact that it would lose its ability to use Choice Band or Life Orb.And with so many threats introduced like Tapu Koko,the previously mentioned Dazzle ability[wich I think would also go to a Milotic's Mega evo...but that's another discussion],not to mention stuff like Stealth Rock etc etc,it wouldn't be too broken.

As for design,I think it would be based of a comet or meteorite...an upgrade from a flaming arrow.

Last edited:

RzK

Meow
What do you guys think about Mega Talonflame?Would it be overpowered?With new abilities like Dazzle introduced,it wouldn't be such a smooth ride for the bird,in my opinion.

Its stats would be something like this:

HP-78
Atk-131
Def-81
SpAtk-84
SpDef-79
Spd-146

131 Attack is not so huge considering the fact that it would lose its ability to use Choice Band or Life Orb.And with so many threats introduced like Tapu Koko,the previously mentioned Dazzle ability[wich I think would also go to a Milotic's Mega evo...but that's another discussion],not to mention stuff like Stealth Rock etc etc,it wouldn't be too broken.

As for design,I think it would be based of a comet or meteorite...an upgrade from a flaming arrow.

Idea is good, but I think it'll be a while before we see any Megas for Gen 6 Pokémon.

Mega Slaking - Huge Power with increased attack and defense stats.

Huge Power would make it waayyy too overpowered.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Idea is good, but I think it'll be a while before we see any Megas for Gen 6 Pokémon.

Huge Power would make it waayyy too overpowered.

ah I'm hoping they'll do at least like 3 megas for gen 6. I'd really like if the other two starters got a mega or something special too like Greninja!

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
ah I'm hoping they'll do at least like 3 megas for gen 6. I'd really like if the other two starters got a mega or something special too like Greninja!
I get that it's only speculation at the moment since we haven't seen any mega evolutions, but is there a possibility we won't see new megas, at least to start, with Sun and Moon? I mean, they'll want to focus first on the new stuff, right? So maybe they'll add megas with whatever remakes (possibly diamond/pearl) we get instead?

Again, we won't know until the games come out, but I'm not banking on getting any mega evolutions. If we do, they could be end-game only, when you would start transferring stuff over from gen 5 anyway.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I get that it's only speculation at the moment since we haven't seen any mega evolutions, but is there a possibility we won't see new megas, at least to start, with Sun and Moon? I mean, they'll want to focus first on the new stuff, right? So maybe they'll add megas with whatever remakes (possibly diamond/pearl) we get instead?

Again, we won't know until the games come out, but I'm not banking on getting any mega evolutions. If we do, they could be end-game only, when you would start transferring stuff over from gen 5 anyway.

well that'd just be incredibly lame.
imo megas have become an integral part of the game and if they give it a back seat after just one gen, I will be incredibly disappointed.

But I totally think they'll release a few megas for sure

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
well that'd just be incredibly lame.
imo megas have become an integral part of the game and if they give it a back seat after just one gen, I will be incredibly disappointed.

But I totally think they'll release a few megas for sure

I agree with you all this. I am actually beginning to wonder though is that since Mega Evolution isn't the main focus this time that they won't release any early and we will have to find all the new megas once we get the games.

Creyk

I agree with you all this. I am actually beginning to wonder though is that since Mega Evolution isn't the main focus this time that they won't release any early and we will have to find all the new megas once we get the games.

That would be exciting actually...finding the mega stones in random places, and also having to catch and train that type of pokemon to be able to see what it will be like. Well for the first players at least, the rest of us will just look at them online :D

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I feel like if they don't announce any new megas by next month's Corocoro, they may not at all. I hope they do and I get why they haven't, but my level of expectation in that regard is dwindling slightly.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I feel like if they don't announce any new megas by next month's Corocoro, they may not at all. I hope they do and I get why they haven't, but my level of expectation in that regard is dwindling slightly.

This reminds me of the first few months after S&M was announced. We were not getting any news so people started saying we probably would not get any news at all.

During the XY coverage, mega evolution was a big new thing. And so was getting coverage to get people all hyped up for this new feature.

In ORAS, the games were remakes. With not much new content, the new mega evolutions were a big chunk of the new content. And so it made sense to cover them.

With S&M, we barely know anything. No gym leaders, only 1 island name, no info on the evil team ect... With so much new content it seems like they would prefer to cover what is new to get everyone excited. And leave mega evolution for later, or possible when the game is released.

Additionally the characters have those new bracelets with the crystal shards from the Japanese logos. Assuming these are hinting to something similar to mega evolution. We should get coverage of that first, pushing back coverage on mega evolution even more.

Now this is all just my speculation though, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Sabre_King

I hope mega pokemon will be revealed soon as well, I mean I do not mind the wait since we have been getting all this great information on the new pokemon in S/M. this is going to be a bit long but I would want to pick a pokemon from each type to receive a mega evolution. I noticed back in X/Y they had done this so every time had some sort of representation. My choices will obviously stay away from the starters, while at the end of this I will just say my top three legendary pokemon/groups to possibly receive one. So here my list:
Normal- Ursaing (Normal), Bug-Yanmega(Bug/Dragon), Dark-Zoroark (Dark), Dragon-Flygon (Dragon/Ground), Electric-Luxray (Electric/Dark), Fairy- Togekiss (Fairy/Flying), Fighting- Hawlucha(Fighting/Flying), Fire-Darmanitan(Fire/Psychic), Flying- Noctowl(Flying/Psychic), Ghost- Cofagrigus, side note for this one is the mega would be based on Cofagrigus not living in the coffin, thus adding the fighting type(Ghost/Fighting), Grass-Gogoat(Grass/Rock), Ground-Excadrill(Ground/Steel), Ice-Cryogonal (Ice), Poison-Weezing (Poison/Fire), Psychic-Girafarig(Psychic/Dark), Rock-Gigalith(Rock/Steel), Water-Lapras(Water/Ice)
Legendary Top 3:
Keldeo(Water/Fighting), Ho-oh(Fire/Flying) and Lugia (Psychic/Flying), and the Regi trios which I can see each one gaining the type of another Regi as followed, Regice(Ice/Steel), Registeel(Steel/Rock), Regirock (Rock/Ice).

I would go into more details about each one, such as stats and abilities, but I will save that for another time, these are just the pokemon I hope receive a mega evolution this generation.

Sabre_King

I'm really think we're going to get 10-15 megas in this game.

I know I mentioned each type getting one, but I can see this number being accurate, I just wanted to hypothesize which pokemon in each type may receive a mega, yeah it would be cool for each type to receive one but I am sure a lot of the focus will be put on the main generation 7 pokemon to make up for the lack of generation 6 pokemon. My only hope is with that 10-15 that a region of starters is not included because I can see the possibility of one set of starters earning their mega forms this generation. Thus I mean have the 10-15 be regular pokemon, while a set of starters not count towards this number.

Status
Not open for further replies.